Lickthelid's mini scan bran challenge week!

Very impressive will power, I definitely would have caved. I didn't have scan bran on Monday but have managed it every other day. To be honest * week has surprised me so I'm hoping for a maintain now.
I really like scan bran cake now. I only use 1 egg though and always add a couple of syns worth of cocoa powder.

Yes I'm thinking of maybe trying chocolate of some kind and maybe taking the time to bake it rather than essentially steam it in the microwave. I went for the oatcake recipe that uses a muller toffee yoghurt. I think it was that that saved it.

It reminded me a lot of the muffins in a cup I used to have on the Dukan diet. For the first time today I didn't have my scan bran as part of lunch or another meal, I just made the cake and ate it (sounds like a familiar greedy person saying...) which in hindsight, the day before WI for me may not have been the most sensible thing to have done. Hey ho let's hope the bran does its "job" (pun totally intended) before I step on those scales.

Today was my WI and marks the end of 7 scan bran days. I started at 15st 7lbs and weighed in today at 15st 5lb so a 2lb loss! To put it into perspective I lost 4lbs the previous week so wasn't expecting much of anything, more likely a STS as my body adjusted to having a bigger loss the previous WI.

This is makes me happy :) 6lbs in 2 weeks and 2 of those seem to be scan bran related. I will continue with this but whether I do it everyday remains to be seen as I like the flexibility to mix my Hex up. That said I do have a cupboard full of the stuff....!

Today was my WI and marks the end of 7 scan bran days. I started at 15st 7lbs and weighed in today at 15st 5lb so a 2lb loss! To put it into perspective I lost 4lbs the previous week so wasn't expecting much of anything, more likely a STS as my body adjusted to having a bigger loss the previous WI. This is makes me happy :) 6lbs in 2 weeks and 2 of those seem to be scan bran related. I will continue with this but whether I do it everyday remains to be seen as I like the flexibility to mix my Hex up. That said I do have a cupboard full of the stuff....!

That's excellent news, well done! I wish I could lose 6lb in 2 weeks lol. I won't know until tonight how the scan bran has worked for me this week but fingers crossed for a loss (hoping my accidental weekend chocolate binge hasn't had an impact).

Today was my WI and marks the end of 7 scan bran days. I started at 15st 7lbs and weighed in today at 15st 5lb so a 2lb loss! To put it into perspective I lost 4lbs the previous week so wasn't expecting much of anything, more likely a STS as my body adjusted to having a bigger loss the previous WI.

This is makes me happy :) 6lbs in 2 weeks and 2 of those seem to be scan bran related. I will continue with this but whether I do it everyday remains to be seen as I like the flexibility to mix my Hex up. That said I do have a cupboard full of the stuff....!

Well done on the weight loss. I agree about continuing with this but not every day.

Well done on the weight loss. I agree about continuing with this but not every day.

When do you weigh in? I'm intrigued to see how well you've got on after lickthelid's success!

When do you weigh in? I'm intrigued to see how well you've got on after lickthelid's success!

I weigh in at 7.30 tonight. I'm hoping for a maintain. If I lose it will definitely be down to the scan bran as I had Monday completely off plan, no exercise this week and its *week.

* week is such a pain, always makes me feel disheartened even though I know I'll lose the weight the next week. Fingers crossed for you, let us know how you get on.

1.5lb for me, over the moon with that..one of my better losses :)

I'd say the scan bran helped us all then, woop woop :)

Wow we all did really well!!! Maybe scan bran IS a magic ingredient. I am going to scout for more recipes and see if I can keep it going. Do you think ryvita would have a similar effect? Obviously its cheaper. Also you can get Scandinavian bran loafs in supermarkets. I wonder if that's an option as it could be toasted!!

Hmm may invrstigate

Hi all,

Congrats on your losses.

I have been having oatbran and laughing cow light every day - and have been going well.

I had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and it says a loss ... i'll wait till tomorrow to share the loss....

I really must have a look to see what else I can do with it - just don't wan to stop it doing its job!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Well I looked up the alternatives and we can have 65g of rye bread which was what I meant above. Reckon that will work out at about 2 slices as its small but dense. The health benefits if rye are huge (if wiki is to be believed) so I may get some for a change and have a second week on that instead. Anyone fancy trying that as an alternative with me?

Cant wait to hear your loss JJ it's weirdly exciting that we have all done well!! :) :)

Why not, I'll come in on this new challenge too! I have got dark ryvitas for breakfast today but will get some rye bread and start with that as of tomorrow...that's got to be a lot for flexible to cook with etc. If I lose 2lb next week I'll reach my first stone award so hopefully this week will be as successful as the scan bran :)

Yay! It's very motivational having you guys do this too. I'm already planning rye bread toast and scrambled egg for lunch tomorrow!!

Ok so off we go again!!! X

Hunted round Sainsburys this morning and they didnt have any rye bread :( I'm having an online shop delivered tomorrow so will add it to that and have my "week" as Sunday to Thursday and see how that goes.

Hunted round Sainsburys this morning and they didnt have any rye bread :( I'm having an online shop delivered tomorrow so will add it to that and have my "week" as Sunday to Thursday and see how that goes.

I found the keldermans one in my sains and had it today. You only get one slice :-( but I cut it in half and toasted it. More than enough with lunch actually. ;-) instruggled
with 5 scan bran at times :-o

Back