Lickthelid's mini scan bran challenge week!

I "liked" that in the nicest, most understanding way possible ;)

Just (almost) enjoyed my supper of Scanbran, laughing cow, boiled egg and steamed salmon.

However almost had a problem earlier, I started suffering from the "side effects" tonight when I was up at my horse and we only have a portaloo to use - not nice. :eek:

Sorry but that made me laugh as I'm sure everybody who eats a lot of scan bran can completely understand.

Just (almost) enjoyed my supper of Scanbran, laughing cow, boiled egg and steamed salmon. However almost had a problem earlier, I started suffering from the "side effects" tonight when I was up at my horse and we only have a portaloo to use - not nice. :eek:

Welcome to the scan bran challenge ;-)

Haha I cheated. It's WI tomorrow so I had scan bran cake at lunch, all to myself. I want the effects above to happen, just before tomorrow's scales and whilst I'm at home!! :)

Haha, good idea. I on the other hand have just made the banana scan bran cake and while it's cooking in the oven I notice the eggs sitting on the side rather than in the cake..dammit! Don't think I'll be eating that now :(

Haha, good idea. I on the other hand have just made the banana scan bran cake and while it's cooking in the oven I notice the eggs sitting on the side rather than in the cake..dammit! Don't think I'll be eating that now :(

Oops! It might still be ok, especially as you've used a yogurt.

I've just taken it out and it actually looks ok. I think the yoghurt and the mashed banana has helped to bind it. So fingers crossed! The last one I made was awful (the toffee one) so hoping this one tastes better lol

Thats hilarious and exactly the type of thing I'd do. Today I forgot to mix the egg before adding it so when I turned it out of the bowl (I microwaved for expediency) there was a layer of a sort of scrambled egg. I still ate it though. Tasted ok with some chopped banana!

Ok so after a second week of mostly rye bread with some
Scan bran yesterday I dropped 3lbs this week! I am definitely going to keep this up, maybe in rotation because scan bran gets costly fast! Whoop whoop!

ps this gives me my club10 too yay!

Thanks for all your sympathy with my "side effects", I knew that I was safe sharing that on this thread :rolleyes:

It is BF birthday today and I am thinking I am going to try and make a scanbran banana cake with VLF soft cheese as the filling. He quite likes the cake (he is sort of doing low carb and sort of just cutting out rubbish and loosing more than me doing that :cool:). I will have to work out if i syn it all for me or using the Scanbran element as my HEB.

Ok so after a second week of mostly rye bread with some Scan bran yesterday I dropped 3lbs this week! I am definitely going to keep this up, maybe in rotation because scan bran gets costly fast! Whoop whoop! ps this gives me my club10 too yay!

Yay, that's amazing! Well done :)

Ok so after a second week of mostly rye bread with some
Scan bran yesterday I dropped 3lbs this week! I am definitely going to keep this up, maybe in rotation because scan bran gets costly fast! Whoop whoop!

ps this gives me my club10 too yay!

Wow! Well done, that's an amazing loss:)

Thanks :thankyou: I need to restock though!! Holland and Barrett here I come!!!

STS for me this week. Quite disappointed but I've been unwell and drinking cough medicine like it was going out of fashion so that probably hasn't helped lol. I've drawn a line and moving on from it now. Scan bran for brekkie tomorrow lol.

1.5 loss for me this week :) I'm going to attempt the Xmas scan bran cake tomorrow. I hope it's nice as it works out at 8.5 syns.

STS for me this week. Quite disappointed but I've been unwell and drinking cough medicine like it was going out of fashion so that probably hasn't helped lol. I've drawn a line and moving on from it now. Scan bran for brekkie tomorrow lol.

Sts is better than a gain and like you said you've been Ill and our bodies hold onto everything as a defence mechanism.

We have had a really good second week! A STS can be disappointing but like you say, illness messes with our body's defence mechanisms. I should think it will make up for it this coming week!!

we have lost 9.5 lbs this fortnight just the three of us who posted the losses, yay!!! X

Sabotaged myself goddamit - pizza hut for dinner last night :( So scan bran and marmite this morning and going to try a few days of success express. I'm such a fool sometimes lol.

Sabotaged myself goddamit - pizza hut for dinner last night :( So scan bran and marmite this morning and going to try a few days of success express. I'm such a fool sometimes lol.

You can pull it back. We all have blips now and again. Don't let 1 meal out of 21 spoil your week. X

I made the Xmas scan bran cake today and omg it's amazing. Completely worth the syns and is really filling. I made it to take to work tonight but 1/2 of its already gone, oops. I really want 1.5lbs off this week to get my 3.5 stone award.

Back