Lickthelid's scan bran challenge new for 2016!

Thursday morning :)

I managed to get them to make balls today!!! Success. Chilling the mixture helped

I'll be interested to see if it's negated your days off plan! I'm hopeful for this week, thinking maybe 2lb. With such a big loss last week I can't ask for more!!!

How did you do?? I'm excited to hear :)

I lost 2lb :)
pretty good considering I was off plan for a lot of the week.
I'm not doing this week but think I may give it another go after Easter.
Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow.

That's great!! Particularly being a bit off plan too. Well done :) I'm hopeful of something similar. I've been on plan but it's always going to be smaller as I catch up on last week. I'll report back....

I lost 3lb and on top of a big one last week I'll take that!!!! I'm going to just carry on as I have plenty of the stuff and see how I go but not feel obliged to have it every day!!

I made the scan bran cake for breakfast. Normally I have it with fruit and yoghurt. Today I forgot the sweetener. I still ate it but my goodness it was hard work!!! :confused:

Ok I had a really bad day yesterday food wise so I'm definitely carrying this on AND I'm going to throw a few SP days in.

Today I am planning to make a Scanbran pizza for lunch

It's actually one of the better ones :) I'll post a pic if I can work out how!!!

I don't know why it's sideways but it's all SP and both HEXs :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
I didn't manage another whole week but did 4 out of 7 which considering i had a few days off plan still resulted in 1lb off. Gotta love the scan bran!!!

Hey Sam, I've just seen this, your scan bran pizza looks yummy :eating::D . I've never tried scan bran, what does it taste like ? I follow a gluten free diet, do you know if it's gluten free ?

Kay xx

The blue packet is made from wheat so I guess not however they make an oat bran version which is 100% oatbran. I'm not totally up on gluten free but would that be an option,?

The pizza is good :) scan bran on its own is a VERY acquired taste so experimenting is crucial to success with it. That and lots and lots of water :eek:
X

The blue packet is made from wheat so I guess not however they make an oat bran version which is 100% oatbran. I'm not totally up on gluten free but would that be an option,?

The pizza is good :) scan bran on its own is a VERY acquired taste so experimenting is crucial to success with it. That and lots and lots of water :eek:
X

Thanks Sam, oh what a shame, gf version would have been nice. I guess I can try the SW smash pizza or the cauli crust one. But scanbran is more versatile, you can make lots of stuff with it, will have to look into other options.

Kay xx

Scan bran experts, do you have to count any Syns along with it being your HEXB if you're making things like Ferrero Roche?

I'm very confused about it. Have been looking at scan bran cake recipes on the SW website today and some were 12ish Syns per cake.

Also how much water are you drinking with it?

If it's your hexb then the only syns you count are for the extra ingredients like the Nutella etc.

If you are not using it as a hex b then it's 1 syn per slice. For a guess the recipes you have seen are doing the latter.

In terms of water, basically just drink as much as you reasonably can, otherwise it can really bung you up!!! :eek:

Back