Lidl

GreenDayJen

just realised there is a lidl near work and wondered if anyone shops there and knows of anything they sell which is free food or low syn? thanks.:)

i know they do a lot of our brands now but much cheaper. I go there for my 4 pack of heinz beans for £1 and my weetabix! dont know about their own brands though, sorry.

in the shopping directory thing they have a section for lidl so if u buy that from ur sw class u should be able to find the syns? the directory is about £6.95 if memory serves me right :D

i dont go to class but i keep meaning to buy one off ebay. i guess if i go online and search for lidl on syns online that might work?

im pretty sure i still have mine and its the most recent one. can check for you if u like. we had new carpet done so put all books in the loft but i can dig it out tomorrow. im not doing SW so u can have it

I shop in Lidl a couple of times a week. Just not sure what's syn free these days!

I usually buy chocolate there once a week:D (cos it's the best), but I guess that doesn't qualify:rolleyes:

Okay...my last shop, I got some delish trout. Ready cooked, vacuum packed. Enough for two really, but I ate the lot:eek: Just opened the pack and chucked it on the plate with some salad.... 79p, or was it 89p. Can't remember, but it was really nice.

Couple of weeks ago, I bought a lobster :D That's syn free innit?

Fruit, veg....bit hit and miss. Doesn't look so posh as in the supermarkets. Looks terrifyingly 'natural':eek:

Always buy that wafer thin meat there as it has no added water so tastes better.

i like their meats without the added water and sugar/salt (and god knows what else!) they do nice ham :D

lobster?? i think u have a posher lidls than us in plymouth karion lol. ours do crab sticks instead! hehe!

Crab sticks?? Never seen crab sticks in Lidl:eek:

The lobster was around lots of Lidls though Karen, as a load of us on another forum have been buying them for a few months now.

I buy a lot in Lidls. Always get my olive oil there as it's so cheap. Some things aren't as good as elsewhere. Other things are better. It's just getting to know what's what really as it's just makes we don't know.

Very often it's the top notch stuff from elsewhere in Europe though. Lot of good stuff there.

yes i totally agree! i find a lot of their stuff is much better but imagine it is a top brand in other countries. theres a few things i wont buy in there. found something 6 legged and dead in a packet of crumpets once lol.

when my little one was in nappies i used to buy their £5 pack of 72 nappies and they were every bit as good as pampers.

very good for meats, cheese and as u say, oils.

i'd steer well clear of their eggs though. i bought them once and they tasted fishy...litrally.

im pretty sure i still have mine and its the most recent one. can check for you if u like. we had new carpet done so put all books in the loft but i can dig it out tomorrow. im not doing SW so u can have it
that's really kind if it isnt too much trouble to dig it out?

Back