Life after Exante?

Fiestywoman

I know that I am a long way off from this but something I have been thinking about for the last week or so.

Once you have gradually reintroduced food, do you think that you should be using all the low fat stuff, ww yoghurts, breads etc or actually just be using 'normal' products but be eating less of them?

I've read that the low fat products are chock full of sugar which ultimately may be counteractive in the long run.

Just interested in other folks opinions:)

yea i watched something on tele about diet foods such as WW brand being rather rubbish for you really!

I think shud i meet my goal il just use normal products but as many fresh ingredients as possible, Brown bread etc

Hi Feisty,

I know what you mean (I am months away) as the transition from not having to thing about food and then having to make conscious decisions and monitor yourself seems like a big task.

The fear for me is that I will rotate back onto food and then begin to put all the weight back on.

I guess that its going to be a case of eating little portions of really healthy food and constant weekly WI's.

But I think its better than the alternative lol!

Good Luck

Gareth

Thanks Gareth, I think we all need some luck here.

Don't know if you've heard of it or indeed have it, but the book Beck Diet Solution is a pretty good read and is good for referring to. A lot of it is good common sense but it is worth the six pounds it costs. I would recommend it.

Good luck to you too!

Im going to be calorie counting, using fresh veg, meat and fish and also making my portions smaller.

Thread has been moved from TS section due to the food references

I'm going to stick to low carb. I've got a few low carb cookbooks and they all recommend sticking to the "normal" range of food. I think when it comes to maintenance it will be a case of seeing what suits me best, if I feel that its not working then I will change it to see what does suit me. Maintenance will be for the rest of my life so I don't want to spend it being miserable but I sure as heck dont want to be the weight that I was.

Already planned my transition, although I'm a while away!! I will start to introduce WS days whilst continuing to lose weight, then switch to Atkins diet, but prob have a shake for breakfast, then slowly build food in so eventually when i eat " normally" I will be following the principles of a red day SW diet, so I can still have carbs but they are very limited. I think for me this will be more maintainable in the long run. I plan on cooking all meals from scratch, fresh soups etc. I have already cleaned my cupboards out of packets and tinned food (apart from baked beans) and my freezer just have meat, fish an veg in so that I'm not tempted throughout TS, but also when I do restock my cupboards it will be fresh stuff.

In my cupboards you can find:
- air
- shelves
- green tea
- peppermint tea
- exante bumper pack
And in my fridge, there are:
- glass shelves
- air
- light
No, I don't keep water or coke zero in the fridge. I don't like them cold.
That's sad, isn't it? :)

- air
- shelves
- green tea
- peppermint tea
- exante bumper pack
- glass shelves
- air
- light

You are currently the exante poster child Biggie ;) :D x

Last edited:
scotminx :D

For me it will be low carb. I recently read Neris & Indias idiot proof diet and the diet they use is more or less the Atkins but a bit more luxurious. I fancy that and the books help with the head stuff too.

Biggie said:
- air
- shelves
- green tea
- peppermint tea
- exante bumper pack
- glass shelves
- air
- light

Same!! I've nothing in cupboards aside from bumper pack, and fridge only has coke zero and lots of water!

I think in life after Exante it will be shake for breakfast, soup for lunch = two magic packets and a low carb meal in the evening. I think I may need that for a while, at least until I can maintain my target weight + or - seven pounds.
GSQ

I think in life after Exante it will be shake for breakfast, soup for lunch = two magic packets and a low carb meal in the evening. I think I may need that for a while, at least until I can maintain my target weight + or - seven pounds.
GSQ

Sounds like a very sensible plan GSQ, although I think the meal will need to be slightly higher calorie (but still healthy and low fat of course) so that you're not just doing WS as you'd keep losing. I think it will take a bit of time to figure out the balance that is right for us and I like the idea of maintaining target -/+ 7 pounds - seems very sensible! :)

I've only just started but I must admit I have been thinking about this.. What would fit into my lifestyle is probably fresh, healthy cooking. Not eating out so much - and making better choices when I do. Low carb possibly to start with but I don't think I could sustain that for a long period so moving into just lower calorie. I don't wish to count calories strictly but if I find I need to, then that will be ok. :)

I also plan to have a weight slightly above where I want to be that if I go above I tell myself very importantly that I have to do 'something' to stop things getting out of control. What that 'something' is, I'm not too sure at the moment.

Sounds like a very sensible plan GSQ, although I think the meal will need to be slightly higher calorie (but still healthy and low fat of course) so that you're not just doing WS as you'd keep losing. I think it will take a bit of time to figure out the balance that is right for us and I like the idea of maintaining target -/+ 7 pounds - seems very sensible! :)

I think I have learnt that I actually need far less calories than I thought, even with much more exercise. So may be my modified WS (two packets and a low carb dinner) will be maintaining. It seems that
+ or - seven pounds is unrealistic too -
might be better to have a half stone window - 10 to 10 and a half - so + or - 3 lbs. Just thinking at this stage. ;)
GSQ

I've been thinking about how i'm going to get on with it too...

I think just making informed choices in the future will be enough for me. Commit to exercise a few times a week and just be careful with food. I don't want to have to cut things out, just need to have smaller portions and stick monitor my weight.

I don't think I could cope with being restricted for the rest of my life. If I put on weight, i'll have to recognise it, accept it, realise why it's happened, and correct it.

Balance.

I think you're right messyfreckle about portion sizes, over the last few years as I've been gaining weight I think that my idea about whats a normal size meal has probably doubled! Yet another great thing about exante is that when I go back to food I'll be fuller much more quickly, I think if I tried to scoff as much in one go now as I could 3 weeks ago I'd be sick!
So for me I'm hoping to be able to maintain on a lower carb, smaller portion diet :)

I'm going to go for high protein and low carb with the occasional past dish. I'm also going to reduce my portion sizes, I used to eat huge portions!

Back