Life changing Moment tonight

mancitymark

I know most posters on here are ladies, and you ladies are going to see the word “Football” pop up in this post in a few sentences time. But please bear with me because this will apply at some stage to you!
I have had a life changing moment......
I used to play football when I was younger, gave up aged 36 because my weight had ballooned, my knees, not helped by the weight were knackered and then I had heart trouble aged 40.
As you know I am 1lb off a 3 stone loss with 2 stone to go, I have also been going to the gym and exercising on the treadmill (running) and also the cross trainer. I was booking in at reception tonight to go to the gym and an old friend tapped on my shoulder and asked if I fancied a kick about, he was one player short in a 6 a side game of football. I agreed and followed him into the hall; I asked him how long they play for and gulped at the 60 minute answer. I nearly had a stroke when I saw the other 11 players were in their 30`s (I am nearly 52).
My life changing moment came after 59 minutes when I realised I was still running, fitness level up and above at least 40% of the others and although not the best player I was not the worst.... by far!
I got back to the car and I must admit shed a tear, I felt as good and as fit as I did 20 years ago.
I have Lipotrim and the Gym to thank but tonight I got hit with a big stick of reality on just how my life has changed already and how it will continue to change when I shed the last 2 stone. Never ever in a month of Sundays did I ever think I would run again, let alone play football without letting myself down and looking a complete fat Pratt.
This ladies is going to be you, it won’t be football, it will be something that you used to do or something you thought you would never do again. It might even be getting into those tight jeans again or that little black dress, it may be swimming in the sea with the kids, something that is important to you, but I do know that we all will have moments of reality and will have to pinch ourselves!!

Keep at it everyone, it really is worth it.
:D

A very nice read, Thank you, it's great to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel or should i say life at the end, go get that last two stone, you know you can do it

blooming brilliant ! So pleased for you

thats great,you must have felt so good!!! just hope you are not too stiff tomorrow lol

:party0038: Go Marky go!! :party0038: Man City might scout you yet! Chuffed for ya!

Tears in my eyes mark..
Iv said it in another post and i'll say it again :party0019::party0019::party0019:YOU THE MAN :)

So HAPPY for you Mark... huge achievment :)

Thank you all ... without this forum I would still be 18 stone and still sat on the sofa with a Kebab... and kidding myself my weight issue was in my Genes. .. x

brilliant post again Mark, really inspirational :) x

Congratulations on your game of football, and many congratulations on the weight loss so far, you are doing marvellous. Good luck with the remainder of your journey.

Brilliant story!!!

While on holiday i noticed that the hill to the beach we went up in April, was SO MUCH easier to climb!!!! Weird that i used to carry an extra 3 stone up that hill!!! And by next April when i go i WILL be carry another 3 stone less!!! (More i hope!!!)

Well done!!!

Your an inspiration!!!

X

well done, glad to see your enthusiastic again.

Mark, thanks so much for sharing that... we have a couple of things in common... our age and one pound short of 3 stone loss lol I am soooo glad that the moment hit you like it did, and that you enjoyed something that obviously has made you feel years younger. Please keep us posted :D xx

Back