Life long dreams.....

Sugarloaf85

As well as reaching our target weights (yeah!) does anyone have any life long dreams they'd like to share?

Mine is to do a masters within acute nursing.
X

Currently 14st 7lbs. 2lbs until I'm 1/2 way there! Woop!

I've always wanted to do something with myself that helps others. I've never wanted to go down the nursing route though. I'm currently in a customer service job, but I'm toying with the idea at the minute to become a weight loss coach (if they exist?!?) and help others when I have helped myself. I would also love to write a book, and I'm already planning on telling a 'success story' when I've shifted the lard!

Oh that would be such a fab job. You should defo look into it, would be able to help so many other people. Customer service skills would be a great skill to have in that as well!

Sunderland hospital has a weight loss ward, it must be a great place to work cause there's never any jobs come up!! Ha ha! I've been looking out of interest. X

I think it would be a fantastic opportunity but I need to look into it further when I'm in a better position!

Weight loss coaches do exist. They're generally freelance self employed though. The ones in hospitals are NHS dietician s and its a 4 year degree course. That's what my daughter does. Well worth it though as the NHS pay the tuition fees :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Weight loss coaches do exist. They're generally freelance self employed though. The ones in hospitals are NHS dietician s and its a 4 year degree course. That's what my daughter does. Well worth it though as the NHS pay the tuition fees :)

Ooh that's good to know. It's something I'm definitely considering retraining as at some point. My current job ties me to London (nearly the entire industry is here) so I'm toying with the idea of doing something totally different in about 10 years time just to be able to relocate!

Thanks for that! Something for me to bear in mind! :)

I got a little bursary from the nhs when I did nursing as well as the fees paid for. I think they might do it for other health professional courses too with any luck :) go for it girls!!! Xx

Back