Lighetrlife to Atkins

Tasha73

Hello all,

I have been on the LL program for 3 weeks but have had the dickiest of tummies (with all the chronic side effects) since the start and had no weightloss in the 2nd week (which the LLC counsellor attributed to this)
I'm starting to think that I am allergic to the packs and am considering switching to Atkins. If I ploght straight into the Atkins will I gain what i have lost on LL or will my weight continue to fall?

All your help/advice or even opinions would be very helpful :)

I've never done lighterlife Tasha, but I'd suggest if you want to do atkins make sure you are prepared for it in advance be cleaning out your cupboards of illegal stuff and such. Then I'd read up on it thoroughly and buy the stuff you need to eat. Like most Diets it's all about preparation and planning.

I'd be happy to answer any questions though.

Thanks for your reply Jim - I have checked out this site and you're obviously the "Daddy" (meant in a ghetto way!) so your advice is invaluable.

I did do the Atkins (or the more extreme form of it where there where no carbs at all) about 10 years ago and lost lots of weight. However I did not maintian this afterwards and went back to my old ways. I really am focused on changing my life now and my relationship with food and turning this into a life plan.

So I am well aware of the do's and don'ts. Just worried that a change from a VLCD immediately onto the Atkins might actually make me put on weight initially :-s its all very confusing!

Yes, it may initially Tasha, but I'm sure if you stick with it on induction, then you'll be fine. I can't imagine a no carb diet, but Atkins suited me perfectly.

Jim, just to let you know that my tunmmy has settled down now and I think I will stick to LL foundation for the full 14 weeks. I will however definitely go onto the Atkins as my maintenance plan (starting with induction). I'll be keeping my eye on this forum and coming back to pester you/pick your brains in a few months time :)

Sue, no worries Hun.

Back