Lighter Life, Bad health?

luke g

Banned
Hi, ive een seeing really bad reports from the lighter life diet recently and see that it cut you down to 400 calories a day and burns fluids from your kidneys, and people are also losing hair form this and stuff? is any1 else getting the bad results

Hi
I did LL in 2003 for 7 months solid and can honestly say that my hair/skin/nails were the best they have ever been.
My blood pressure was A1 - I felt fantastic, obviously I realise that this may not be the same for everyone, but for me - everything improved no-end. My doctor was aware of what I was doing - he was more than happy to sign my health form - it is even a plan that is recommended in alot of surgeries for people who have alot of weight to lose.

Hmm.. intresting, its just ive seen loads of reports in the news, and i also heard there under investigation becuase of 1 women dieing?

you lose hair when you start eating again because it doesn't fall out at all when you're doing the diet. It's perfectly normal given the ketosis you've been through and my hair is now completely fine. It's never looked 'thin'. It was just the case that more than normal was coming out for a couple of months.
As for your kidneys, if you drink the recommended amount of water there shouldn't be any problems at all.
You get more vitamins and minerals on this diet than you would when eating normally. It's changed my life. One year on I'm healthier than ever. I can exercise properly and go running every day. My joints don't hurt any more. My eczma has gone.
So yes, there are horror stories, but if you do it properly, the rewards to your health are only positive. Surely it's got to be better than being morbidly obese?

Hmm.. intresting, its just ive seen loads of reports in the news, and i also heard there under investigation becuase of 1 women dieing?

Nah. Wrong. Ever tried the spam diet? That doesn't work either :rolleyes:

You don't happen to be related to Luke Herbalife do you? Funny how herbalife spammers tend to be called Luke :confused: Oh well, easy name to spell I suppose ;)

She died because she drank 4 litres of water within an hour. You're recommended to drink two and a half litres over the day.

So she didn't die because of Lighter Life at all.

well I don't know about that - not heard it myself.
I would say that smoking is far worse for you than a short period of VLCD that ulimately can only aid in health benefits - cuts obesity - less money spent in the nhs with treating overweight patients with illnesses that may not necessarily be present in normal weight people - cut in diabetes - bla bla bla -whilst we still see cigarettes widely sold................

thanks for the warning KD. I'll get off my high horse and stop ranting now! Can't be doing with scaremongering.
Those of us who've done it know it works and are reaping the rewards!!

thanks for the warning KD. I'll get off my high horse and stop ranting now! Can't be doing with scaremongering.
Those of us who've done it know it works and are reaping the rewards!!

Yep....and thanks ;)

Lolololololol

I was going to go to bed - laughing so much I have to saty up and calm down now.............

omg yeah....................
does it work do ya think ?
spam spam spam spam spam

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Spam, oh spam
Sat in the cupboard imitating ham
Some people prefer their granary with jam
but I like you with butter and HP sauce
I can't find the tin-opener and now I'm cross
Here's some peanut butter I'll have it with cheese
but the toaster is broken and I'm at a loss
Oh sod it, I'll open some tuna instead
but the tin-opener's still awol and so is the bread!

Soz couldn't resist posting my poem lol. You'd think Spam School would teach them how to spell properly and construct simple sentences.:D

that's exactly what I thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless

Yes the spam diet probs would work,

Excellent :clap: Do you sell it?

and as for luke herbalife?

Yeah, you would have liked him. I banned him yesterday. It was the spelling...just not good enough for minimins I'm afraid.

Don't suppose you know anything about this Herbalife diet do you?

KD trots off to read more posts by luke g

The way I look at it there are a lot of unhealthy people starting LighterLife due their raised BMI's.

You have to weigh up the slight risks you get with any VLCD and the risks of having a BMI 30+. Personally I wouldn't necessarily contemplate LL if my BMI was not over 30.

And you wouldn't be able to either Mr C. BMI <30 you have to use LL Lite which is a low cal diet rather than the vlcd variety.

Personally I love LL, it's transformed me in a few short months, something that nothing else has been able to do over the past 20 years. Feel fit & healthy, BP dropped firmly into healthy range and asthma seems to have disappeared.

Go away Luke, nothing to see here for you.

Back