Lighter Life Counselling

lotstoloose

Hi Everyone

Was hoping to ask a question about how useful the counselling is?

I lost 3 stone about 5 years ago on Cambridge, have tried lots since but just can't do it.

I am wondering if the counselling on lighter life is the way to go as I have lots of emotional issues with food.

I feel slightly skeptical as I understand why I comfort eat - when the kids stress me out etc. Is that the only thing the counselling concentrates on? Would really like to hear from people that found the counselling useful.

Thanks! Abi

I've found the counselling invaluable.

You're already half way there starting to recognise some of the issues you have with food but the counselling will teach you coping mechanisms too.

Plus the support you get from the other people in your group is fab. LL & CD aren't easy, but the group work really makes a difference. I look forward to my weigh in on Sat morning, not just to see any lbs off but to see how the others have got on too.

I think it's really important, which is why I pay for LL rather than one of the cheaper options. You get to look far more deeply into why you do things but also develop coping mechanisms. As with any of thesebthings the more you put into it the more you get out.

I also think that the group meeting is very beneficial to me, I know I need that support.
I've done VLCD buying from internet and you have to be very strong willed to go it alone, though some do have forums which can help with support.
I think councillors vary from what I've heard so see if you can find someone doing LL in your area and ask them for recommendation.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I agree with all the above comments. I too have tried the (much cheaper) meal replacements you can get online and also doing CD but I find having to go to a 'class' each week to be weighed, having an hours discussion with like minded people really helps me stay on track during the week.

One CD councillor I had used to deliver the packs to my home and when she called she left her car running whilst she threw the packs at me, quickly weighed me, grabbed my money and was gone - so no support there - hence I spent more time off the diet than actually sticking too it!

You also build up a repore (?sp) with the other members in your group which helps if you have had a tough week. I do however find the books quite difficult to read but hopefully the more units we cover in class the easier it will become.

My husband is doing CD which suits him as he isnt one to sit around discussing his weight problems but for me its def LL that will get me to my goal weight and maintain afterwards.

Back