Lighter life hair loss yes or no??

lucieluv

hi there guys!

I have been on lighterlife now for 11 days and its going well, but i cannot stop worrying about the hair loss thing!
i have read a lot about people losing hair but i really want to hear from people who have NOT lost their hair or does this really happen to everyone??

thanks guys
lucie xx

It's happening to me. It seems like loads, but it can't be that bad as no one has noticed and I haven't really noticed a difference

You might start losing your hair once you stop LL.
The main reason is that our bodies are getting used to all the vitamins and microelements which is imposible to replace and get recommended amount in a normal diet. It's sort of shock to the system once you are back to eating normaly- but you can avoid it by actualy getting right vitamins and minerals supplements.
If you follow this tip you should be fine. x

I am still in abstinence (but on a longer than average journey). It's really not anything to be worried about. It might look drastic, but it really hasn't noticed on me x

thanks guys!!

I suppose a bit of hair thinning is better and healthier than being overweight! you guys have done brill....an inspiration to me xx

I am one of the people who worry aswell lucie ~ I have had phases of hair thickening and shedding but nothing too drastic after 5 months.

I have, however, spoken to my GP about supplements for post abstinence.
I don't want to lose my hair, so have sought advice from a medical professional to stop me worrying! :)

hi there guys!

I have been on lighterlife now for 11 days and its going well, but i cannot stop worrying about the hair loss thing!
i have read a lot about people losing hair but i really want to hear from people who have NOT lost their hair or does this really happen to everyone??

thanks guys
lucie xx
Well yes , sorry, I had hair loss,thinning, I also lost over SIX STONE.... and my hair grew back.

It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

oh ladye, let me know what supplements he recommended please!

I have lost quite a lot of hair, but for me it has left my hair silky and easy to dry and straighten, used to take me hours! I have thin hair, but lots of it so losing it hasn't worried me too much. I think it goes back to normal afterwards, however I'd like mine to stay how it is now! hehe

What it is, is when you go into ketosis, the body restricts itself to essential functions, reserving energy to see out what it perceives is a "drought".

Normally, every day we shed lots and lots of hair. But this is not essential. SO the body saves its energy and you do not shed as you normally do.

When food is reintroduced, the body relaxes and resumes normal functions. SO you will often see loads of hair going at once. But dont worry - its the hair you would have shed daily without notice.

sOme people will lose it while in abstinance but usually you see it when food comes back into our lives.

You may notice on the diet it slows down in growth as well, as does the hair on your legs. Which is a bonus. lol

It will grow back. Don't worry! :)

It is a very small price to pay. ;)

Some you win, some you lose - but it grows back.
It's not a big problem for most people and it's a small temporary price to pay compared with the benefits.
Why worry about something that may not happen?

hi
i didn't think i had lost any til about 2 months after rtm when i tried to plait my hair and realised i only had half the amount i used to!

i was shocked - but the realised i hadn't realised and no one else had so it actually wasn't the end of the world!

small price to pay for stones off!

- and it is growing back, hair looks a bit mad on top where new is growing, but only when i stand with the light behind me - i have a little halo effsct going on , lol!

daisy x

What it is, is when you go into ketosis, the body restricts itself to essential functions, reserving energy to see out what it perceives is a "drought".

Normally, every day we shed lots and lots of hair. But this is not essential. SO the body saves its energy and you do not shed as you normally do.

When food is reintroduced, the body relaxes and resumes normal functions. SO you will often see loads of hair going at once. But dont worry - its the hair you would have shed daily without notice.

sOme people will lose it while in abstinance but usually you see it when food comes back into our lives.

You may notice on the diet it slows down in growth as well, as does the hair on your legs. Which is a bonus. lol

It will grow back. Don't worry! :)

It is a very small price to pay. ;)
Grrreat photos ! well done you look fantastic

My hair has never been the same since LL nearly 4 years on and I still have thin patches x

I don't know of anyone who's gone bald through LL - but lots of peole have gone
thin !
:p .............bald ! xx

I have "shed" rather alot of hair to say the least. I am fortunate that I had alot of thick hair. I used to get it thinned every 6-8 weeks but have not done so since October 17th and still don't need it doing. In fact I have a hair appt tomorrow morning and she is not going to give me a cut, just highlights.

I finished abstinence on Nov 3rd last year and I did notice an incredible amount of shedding which has started to slow right down in the last couple of weeks.

I have alot less hair than I used to have but it hasn't been a problem for me due to having so much to start with and as Gemma pointed out, it is much quicker & easier to dry and straighten!

It is a small price to pay for the weightloss so no complaints here! I would have gone bald if I had to! It will grow back!

Kat xx

Skin, Hair and Nails Formula Vitamins

Hi Lucieluv

This is something that really scares me too - especially as my hair is quite thin already.

I had been reading around on the Internet and found that some people talk about taking the above (produced by Holland and Barretts) while on LL.

I personally don't know if these are allowed but its something I am considering finding out about from my LLC, just in case as it were.

I know the LL booklet talks about the possibility of getting vitamin poisoning fom taking vitamins while on the packs (though that is probably only in extreme cases) so I wouldn't just start taking anything without checking that it is medically ok.

That's my five pence's worth.

Do let me know if you find out anything worth knowing!

Thanks

Shelley:kitty:

Back