LighterLife - a diet designed for women.

mikey

Silver Member
Over the last few days, I have come to realise that LighterLife is a diet designed for women :).

Why have I come to this conclusion, well it is all to do with the food offered on this diet.

There are about 7 different options of sweet bars and 6 different options of shakes - making a total of 13 different sweet things. Unfortunately there are only 4 savouries.

Why is this?

Why is it that those of us that favour savoury are not looked after properly?

I am the sort of person that would eat ham or cured sausage rather than chocolate, and cheese rather than desert. Melon is not a starter it is a bloody dessert!

I am a total meat lover (like many men I know) and the absence of any meat is the worst thing on the diet. Even the one meaty thing on the whole menu (chicken) is bland, doesn't taste of chicken and isn't even made of anything close to chicken.

I understand that they (LL) need to cater for vegetarians, but come on guys, most of us are not veggies - at least give us soemthing made from dead animal?

Things I'd like to see -

1) a biltong bar (or something similar like jerky)

2) some form of meat sausage like a pepperoni made with meat and the other stuff they need to add to make it nutritionally complete

3) Beef and tomato soup

4) Lobster bisque or clam chowder

5) oxtail

6) Celery or asparagas

7) Mulligatawny (or perhaps chicken tikka or madras flavour)

8) Chicken and sweetcorn

The list goes on. - How diffficult can it be to even things up a little for those of us that do not have to eat sweet stuff day in and day out?

What do the rest of you think?

What would you like to see?

Are all women sweet-toothed?

How many men are sweet toothed?

Cheers
Mike

(8 weeks in and damn bored with the food but sticking with it as the end justifies the means!)

I think CD do a much wider range, and I'm sure LL could accommodate this too. Being a vegetarian, I thought it was fab as I could have everything and anything for a change (look at WW options foods and there's hardly any veggie stuff and LOADS of meat stuff).

Interesting thought......but wasn't it designed by a man originally?

Sweetcorn is high carb so I doubt they'd include that with the chicken. I only really used the soups as crisps anyway. I've always been a savoury person (rice, pasta, nuts, crisps etc) but I found it ok.

Can I just say, Mikey, I find your comments TOTALLY patronising, uninformed and quite frankly offensive.

You have made an enormous assumption that the diet is aimed at women because it mainly offers sweet flavoured foods.

You may be unaware of this (you are obviously living in the dark ages), but it's actually 2008.

Grow up.

Got to agree to be honest- just cos im a woman that means I like the tast of sweet things!?
thats a very bold statement to make considering its based on absolutly no evidence at all.
I would much rather have something savory- I have never had a sweet tooth.
My problem with food is because of big portions of savory food not over eating "cheese cake" and melon!
Anyway... the flavours you have listed are ridiculous! The whole point of this diet is to take food out of the equation and that is probably why the flavours are so basic.
I really wish you would have worded whatever your trying to say a bit better!

In all fairness it is aimed at women. Though i dont agree with most of Mikes comments, the diet is aimed at women.

But then are most diets?

what evidence is there to show its completly aimed at women?

I am sure that LL would welcome comments on ideas for future products. The world would be a strange place if we all liked the same things.

I don't think you can generalise that women like sweet things while men like savoury. It is back to the blue/pink situation

LL is great whether a male or a female uses it

Irene xx

Oooh Mikey now look what you have done :)

In a way I have to agree, I very seldom have a sweet one, I prefer savoury by miles.
And also I am a meat lover.

Don't think you should generalise about it being for women though I know a good few men who are sweet toothed.

Another savory one here, the only sweet one I ever have is Choccie and I am not a chocolate lover. Give me an old fashioned steak and kidney pie that will do me.

Thats a good idea steak and kidney shake.:D

As a bloke doing cambridge i have found only one soup i like and thats chicken and mushroom, shake wise choc, choc mint, banana, and strawberry. I know plenty of blokes who have done or are doing Cd or LL untill such time as they bribg out a pizza or kebab flavour shake, soup guess were dtuck with it.

Me.

Yeh thats what im on about. I distance myself from Mikeys comments but the oiriginal direction that the diet is aimed at the women is true.

My gf is also on the diet and the stuff they get and the treatment they get is on another level to the stuff the males get.

Ooh heated debate!
I admire your gumption to say what you really think Mikey. At the end of the day most diets are aimed at women and I know my LLC said that male referrals are significantly lower than ones from the ladies. It doesn't mean to say it is aimed at any group specifically, just all of us with extra baggage.

I do admit to having a sweet tooth, which I got in this mess with in the first place, but pallets change and now I am a chicken soup fiend. I would think after 8 weeks I'd be trying to eat wallpaper, so go for it Mikey and suggest some ideas, which hopefully LL will take up.

For the sweeter tooth, I would like to raise you an apricot version of the cranberry bar please!

:gimi:

:eatdrink023:Roast beef flavour would float my boat!!! defo a savoury girl!!! xxx

For me all I know is the diet works superbly for boys or girls....

And long may it so

Mike

Can I just say, Mikey, I find your comments TOTALLY patronising, uninformed and quite frankly offensive.

You have made an enormous assumption that the diet is aimed at women because it mainly offers sweet flavoured foods.

You may be unaware of this (you are obviously living in the dark ages), but it's actually 2008.

Grow up.

Don't be so ridiculous - Where is your sense of humour?

People on this board get offended by the slightest thing and to say your comments are OTT is an understatement.

Get a life and join in the fun

I think CD do a much wider range, and I'm sure LL could accommodate this too. Being a vegetarian, I thought it was fab as I could have everything and anything for a change (look at WW options foods and there's hardly any veggie stuff and LOADS of meat stuff).

Interesting thought......but wasn't it designed by a man originally?

Sweetcorn is high carb so I doubt they'd include that with the chicken. I only really used the soups as crisps anyway. I've always been a savoury person (rice, pasta, nuts, crisps etc) but I found it ok.

Sweetcorn is only high carb when you have a lot of it:)

Kellie=];528565 said:
Got to agree to be honest- just cos im a woman that means I like the tast of sweet things!?
thats a very bold statement to make considering its based on absolutly no evidence at all.
I would much rather have something savory- I have never had a sweet tooth.
My problem with food is because of big portions of savory food not over eating "cheese cake" and melon!
Anyway... the flavours you have listed are ridiculous! The whole point of this diet is to take food out of the equation and that is probably why the flavours are so basic.
I really wish you would have worded whatever your trying to say a bit better!

Did the smiley face mean anything to you ?

Oooh Mikey now look what you have done :)

In a way I have to agree, I very seldom have a sweet one, I prefer savoury by miles.
And also I am a meat lover.

Don't think you should generalise about it being for women though I know a good few men who are sweet toothed.

I wanted to generate healthy debate - I knew that the tongue in cheek message would get people to look - it worked.

For those that lost their sense of humour when they started dieting, please get it back it is soooo very boring to be harangued by a bunch of PC women !

Damn I've gone and done it again!:):):):) (in case you missed it there is a smiley face or two)

Back