LIGHTERLIFE/cambridge SLOW LOSES ANYONE ????

You will do great, just try not to worry. And if you have a slow week don't break abstinance or you might risk missing out on the big weight loss you were due for soon ;)

Hi I know shadow Ive had a bad week I think its hormones TOTM??
Feeling great today I hope it lasts.
Thanks HUN
xxc

Doing a VLCD you will lose the maximum you safely can each week.

If you are sticking to the programme 100% then there is no way that you can lose more weight doing another higher calorie diet than if you were on a VLCD.

You may feel that your losses are slow but they are dictated by what you body can lose so you are doing this the fastest way possible so I hope keeping this in mind this helps :)

Doing a VLCD you will lose the maximum you safely can each week.

If you are sticking to the programme 100% then there is no way that you can lose more weight doing another higher calorie diet than if you were on a VLCD.

You may feel that your losses are slow but they are dictated by what you body can lose so you are doing this the fastest way possible so I hope keeping this in mind this helps :)

Thanks chicken
I lost 3lbs again last night so Im pleased with that
xxc

Looks to me like you are a pretty steady loser. Watch out for a monthly pattern in your losses connected with your menstrual cycle, and prepare yourself for the fact that some weeks might be a bit less and then others really good to make up for it. It's the over all loss that counts at the end of the day.

Well done on 3 lb this week!

Looks to me like you are a pretty steady loser. Watch out for a monthly pattern in your losses connected with your menstrual cycle, and prepare yourself for the fact that some weeks might be a bit less and then others really good to make up for it. It's the over all loss that counts at the end of the day.

Well done on 3 lb this week!

Hi Shadow
Thanks alot Ive been thinking 3lbs is great and Ive done gr8 so far,just when I hear someones eaten and lost loads I get those jelous twinges lol :eek: sorry
With TOTM im not sure when it is as I have the coil and I feel it was last week as I was moooooooooooooody and I felt sh*t I felt much better yesterday so maybe that was my TOTM?
Thanks for your support and kind words it means alot to me
XXC:D :) ;)

We are all here to support one another so no need for thanks.

The best way to see fluctuations in your weight loss due to your monthly cycle (if you have one) is keep your record book up to date and be aware of any patterns.

People in my group who have been through the menopause are still finding they have a pattern where they are retaining fluid due to hormonal changes on a monthly basis which was quite a surprise to them.

If you can stick to abstinance on a moody day then you are doing great and should be proud of yourself.

Glad you feel better now! x

We are all here to support one another so no need for thanks.

The best way to see fluctuations in your weight loss due to your monthly cycle (if you have one) is keep your record book up to date and be aware of any patterns.

People in my group who have been through the menopause are still finding they have a pattern where they are retaining fluid due to hormonal changes on a monthly basis which was quite a surprise to them.

If you can stick to abstinance on a moody day then you are doing great and should be proud of yourself.

Glad you feel better now! x

Yes my mum said she had fluctuations and shes 5 years past menopause shae lost 4 stone in the last year on WW but maintained on every 6th weigh-in.
xxc

Your losses are brilliant, really consistent. The fact that you have felt so fed up but carried on is great inspiration to those of us who tend to give up easily. Keep up the fab work!!

Your losses are brilliant, really consistent. The fact that you have felt so fed up but carried on is great inspiration to those of us who tend to give up easily. Keep up the fab work!!

thanks Nat you have done fab too how are you today??
xxc

I think you are doing fantastic!!

I'm one of those people who doesn't compare myself to how others do, I know that I am giving 100%, and if only 2 pounds wants to fall off of me, then so be it. I've lost a hell of a lot more on CD in 4 weeks than I ever did doing other diets, and I have the most fab hair and skin lol (yep I'm vain about my hair lol)

I think you are doing fantastic!!

I'm one of those people who doesn't compare myself to how others do, I know that I am giving 100%, and if only 2 pounds wants to fall off of me, then so be it. I've lost a hell of a lot more on CD in 4 weeks than I ever did doing other diets, and I have the most fab hair and skin lol (yep I'm vain about my hair lol)

Your right Lisa I shouldnt compare and I will have to stop~~~~~~God this LL thing maybe working lol
Well done hun on your losses :D havent the 4 weeks flown havent they ~~~fly by the next 4 :)
Good luck with week 5 :D
xxc

I'm good thanks I'lldoit, spoke to a new CDC today and arranged to meet next tues so will be starting ss that day! Can't wait to get going again. Our kids are all going away this w/end which means oh and I can go for a nice meal out as a farewell!

I'm good thanks I'lldoit, spoke to a new CDC today and arranged to meet next tues so will be starting ss that day! Can't wait to get going again. Our kids are all going away this w/end which means oh and I can go for a nice meal out as a farewell!

Well done you nat weekend with no kids whatzzzzzzzzz that LOL !!
I started LL the week before my Birthday so my OH took me out the weekend before the meal and I really enjoyed it as it was like my last supper for 100 days :)

I did CD last yeasr and lost loads I regained due to a house move but I have got back on track on SSing so it can be done .Join the 2stone for Crimbo Challenge
Good Luck Hun I will be reading and willing you on.
Have a fab meal out
XXC

Have just posted on that thread! First night without kids in 9 years so very excited lol.:D

How come you made the change to LL from CD? No criticism intended, just wondered?

Last edited:
Your right Lisa I shouldnt compare and I will have to stop~~~~~~God this LL thing maybe working lol
Well done hun on your losses :D havent the 4 weeks flown havent they ~~~fly by the next 4 :)
Good luck with week 5 :D
xxc

They sure did fly by ...
I am occupying my time in different ways now, so I think not being bored helps.

Have just posted on that thread! First night without kids in 9 years so very excited lol.:D

How come you made the change to LL from CD? No criticism intended, just wondered?

Hi Nat
I lost 2st 9lbs on Cd last year in 9 weeks went out work night moved house was only 1st 4lbs from goal and I got complacient and regained it ALL +5LBS:eek: So I tried for 8 months to restart CD and failed after every day 1 or 2 and I was so depressed and angry with myself that I thought this works but i need a new direction,my niece did LL and lost 5 stone in 3 months on it and I found MINIS and got loads of advice on LL,and I phoned up and here I am now.I know CD works but I have yoyed for 18 years and I need to learn how not to regain.
I dont mind you asking me anything :)
XXC

wow!! Thank you for the calculation, TASHY100. Mine works out about 2.8lbs a week. However I worked out the calories required based on what I weigh now, as opposed to what I used to consistently weigh 3 weeks ago!

Here is the website where you can work out what calories are required for you personally depending on age and weight and lifestyle

women:
Howstuffworks

men:
Howstuffworks

p.s. is it just me, not only with the issue of slow loss, but I find the weeks go by slowly!

I am in my 6th week on LL and have lost 3lbs per week since week 2, except last week when I lost 2 (note I didn't say only 2, 2 is still a great loss in my mind) my counsellor suggested its because I am slightly poorly sick (have snotty cold) and the body retains water then too.

mags

Back