Lighterlife round 2.. 5 years later!

We're here indefinitely. We have 14 years to retirement so definitely no longer than that (and hopefully a lot less!!!). You've got to take jobs wherever they are at the moment, haven't you? :( I guess I'm drinking 5-6 litres a day - I have a sip bottle permanently attached to my hand! I don't go outside unless I have to (it's nearly 50 degrees at the moment) but AirCon is a bit of a killer too, dehydration-wise. The hardest thing is that the ONLY thing there is to do here is eat! No cinemas or parks or sports places. People either go out to eat or have meals or bbqs at home. Think LL here will be a bigger challenge than it was at home but I lost 70lbs last year and I've gained 40 of that back since I came to Riyadh in November (I'm an emotional eater and I've been SO miserable) but I'm determined to lose that 40 plus another 30. I can do it!!

Hey! Well done on your weight loss! Just keep going.. I'm on week 6 now and so far have lost about 22 lbs. I get weighed tomorrow though so next week is week 7.

Slenda- I want to do RTM but my mum is paying for LL and I can't expect her to carry on paying for another 12 weeks. I can't afford it myself either : ( thought doing WW would be ok after?

Hi Natasha
I do understand and it is expensive, but if your Mum is paying for you to do LL maybe she can help with RTM. It is still a built in part of the LL programme and don't forget, it gets cheaper as you go along because you reduce the packs.
My advice would be to do RTM if you can possibly manage it.
You'll notice that many returners to LL are people who didn't do RTM for whatever reason and now wish they had.
Good luck though whatever you decide.

SB, Natasha - I second that wholeheartedly. I'm one of those people who wishes she'd done RTM! I wasn't able to do it because of moving but I think that none of us is ready, after a long abstinence, to be thrown back into the scary world of food without the support of RTM. It's structured and helps us to think through every change and addition we make to our diets. I know I'm not attending classes this time but my LLC is being absolutely fantastic supporting me online and I have you guys too. I really think, Natasha, that you've come SO far that you'd feel like poo if you didn't follow RTM and you gained a lot of your weight back. Take it from one who knows!!

Yeah I understand but I can expect my mum to pay for another 12 weeks and I can't afford it either. If I stick to WW (and I mean REALLY) stick to it, I shouldn't put to much weight back on if I am still excerising etc?

Anyway I got weighed yesterday and I lost 7lbs! That's 2 stone 1 lb in 6 weeks! Wowzers!

Well done you -fantastic weight loss.

Absolutely AMAZING weight loss. You should be very, very proud of yourself. You obviously have the willpower to do whatever you want to do. Never forget that - LL has taught you that anything is possible if you want it enough.

Only lost 2.5 lbs this week but had my measurements taken and I've lost 6 inches off my waist in 7 weeks! 4 off my bust and 4.5 off my hips! That's 31lbs in 7 weeks it's amazing! Want to lose 20 more pound to get to 11stone then I'm at my target. Hopefully if I up my excersise I can do that in about 5 weeks! Hurrah!

Aarrghh I feel really hungry today.. Don't know why! This is week 8 for me. I haven't cheated at all but I'm
Really struggling today. Eeeekk

im the same natasha its only 1.45pm and ive already had 3 packs...... whats going on?

dont give in.... xx

It's so weird! This is the first time I've felt like I really want to eat!! it's so annoying.. Really noticing all the food smells and people eating in my office today. It's actually driving me mad! X

i know, i made my son a cheese n ham toastie for his lunch and the smell was overwhelming...... but definately not worth the 7lbs id probably gain coming out of ketosis! haha
he enjoyed it though and i devoured my fudge nut bar xx

ive been the same had some real strong urges to eat proper food, but luckily ive managed to distract myself! a meeting has just finished in our board room at work and 2 tray's of food have just been brought into our dept.......(so wish it wouldnt come in here) sandwiches, chicken bits, crisps etc etc ....i went and had a look , had a smell and stole a spring onion lol - doubt that will do me any damage? then went and had my veg soup yum x

Oh crap.. I ate a couple of plain prawns. Will this effect ketosis? Think I was just fed up and due on.. Whoops!!first and last time cheating! On the plus side I ate about 6 and felt really full! Never thought I'd feel guilty for eating 6 prawns that were probably only about 70 cals! Will have to do a excersise DVD tonight to work them off.. Naughty me!

That's alright then.. Well not alright but better than a bowl of chips I guess! Don't know what's come over me today. Hopefully I'll snap out of it by tomorrow! Hope your getting on ok chick! X

Just back from weigh in.. Lost 5lbs! That's 2 and a half stone in 8 weeks now! Wahoo! Going to LA tomorrow for 6 days with work. Taking my packs with me so fingers crossed everything goes to plan!

well done natasha your doing great enjoy LA x

Back