LighterLife success story in this weeks Woman's Own.....

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Geri, 14 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Geri

Geri Gold Member

well at least I'm assuming it's lighterlife! Dosn't actually mention lighterlife although Counselling sessions, soups, milkshakes and 4 litres of water a day kind of gives it away!! :D

Very inspirational - grab a copy, happy reading :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    OOooo , I will get that ! Love reading inspirational stories, thanks !

4. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    Yes thanks for the heads up - i'm a magazine junkie and also love the success stories.

5. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Your'e welcome :D

6. cheerydino

cheerydino Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Oh, thanks for letting us know! I will pick up a copy at lunchtime! I love the success stories!

7. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    There's also one in this weeks Grazia, which does mention LL but also mentions 2 women have died while on the diet, but that LL (naturally) say it wasn't the diet.

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    I think you have to look at why these people did die...it is just not that they were on a diet.

When your obese or morbidly obese you walk a fine line every day....

As your chances of getting a stroke, heart attack are very high and also are vunerable to diabetes, cancer and other crippling diseases along with damage ot hip and knee joints.

Once your BMI goes over 25 the risk of developing heart disease begins to increase there after.

Of course it is sad for anyone to die who is trying to do something about their weight.

If you are at all worried I would advice you read this report which might help put your mind at ease.

DR JOHN MARKS
    HOMEPAGE​

Carrying reports submitted on behalf of the VLCD European Industry Group
    to the
    SCOOP Working Group
    On
    Very-Low-Calorie Diets​

1998 to 2001
    consolidated 2001​

Hre is the link

http://www.geocities.com/jmarkscam/

http://www.geocities.com/jmarkscam/executive.html

Marks and Schrijver

The last link is the full report and the one above is the summary.

Love Mini xxx

9. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Ooops, didn't mean to open a can of worms, perhaps i worded it wrong. I am of the opinion that it was probably being overweight that was their proble, i (think) I only mentioned it in case someone rushed out and bought the magazine and was then terrified by what they read, i should have have explained myself better in my original reply. Sorry if it sounded like I was being negative (and let's face it, I haven't stopped the diet and am having a fantastic success with it so am the last person to knock it)
    will red the links tho ;-)
    kate

10. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    its ok, lilypad it didn't sound like that!

Mini just put that up there to reassure anyone who may have been worried!

incidently I'll bet they've not counted up how many people have died whilst following other diets as well....

anything a bit different just seems to arouse fear in people who have not done any research

mags
    xxx

Last edited: 14 February 2007
  11. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Since roughly a quarter of the population is on a diet at any given time, there will always be people who die whilst on a diet. When the diet is not controversial, there is no media mileage to be had in blaming the diet.

It's not just LL who reckon these deaths had nothing to do with the diet - the coroner agreed. However, there'd be no story in that, and nothing for Grazia to fill their pages with.

Edited to add: not aimed at you Kate, just a general comment.

12. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Now i feel really guilty!! I had done some research and knew of one of the deaths, but what `i read did indicate that it was the poor souls health that caused it, rather than the diet, I'm not being stroppy, but I really wish I'd thought before I typed, and am really sorry if I have worried anyone, but i truly believe there is nothing to worry about. Bugger me and my quick reply!
    kate

13. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Kate, you are so right! It's like someone taking drugs for a trial getting a headache, and then headache has to go into the side effects, even if the guinea pig would have had that headache regardless! Hope this doesn't escalate, but we all seem to be singing from the same song sheet!
    kate

14. cheerydino

cheerydino Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks Mini for the links. I will be reading it. I really want to carry on with LL as I am doing so well with my weight loss!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.