LighterLife success story in this weeks Woman's Own.....

Geri

Gold Member
well at least I'm assuming it's lighterlife! Dosn't actually mention lighterlife although Counselling sessions, soups, milkshakes and 4 litres of water a day kind of gives it away!! :D

Very inspirational - grab a copy, happy reading :p

Oh, thanks for letting us know! I will pick up a copy at lunchtime! I love the success stories!

I think you have to look at why these people did die...it is just not that they were on a diet.

When your obese or morbidly obese you walk a fine line every day....

As your chances of getting a stroke, heart attack are very high and also are vunerable to diabetes, cancer and other crippling diseases along with damage ot hip and knee joints.

Once your BMI goes over 25 the risk of developing heart disease begins to increase there after.

Of course it is sad for anyone to die who is trying to do something about their weight.

If you are at all worried I would advice you read this report which might help put your mind at ease.

DR JOHN MARKS
HOMEPAGE​

Carrying reports submitted on behalf of the VLCD European Industry Group
to the
SCOOP Working Group
On
Very-Low-Calorie Diets​

1998 to 2001
consolidated 2001​

Hre is the link

http://www.geocities.com/jmarkscam/

http://www.geocities.com/jmarkscam/executive.html

Marks and Schrijver

The last link is the full report and the one above is the summary.

Love Mini xxx

Ooops, didn't mean to open a can of worms, perhaps i worded it wrong. I am of the opinion that it was probably being overweight that was their proble, i (think) I only mentioned it in case someone rushed out and bought the magazine and was then terrified by what they read, i should have have explained myself better in my original reply. Sorry if it sounded like I was being negative (and let's face it, I haven't stopped the diet and am having a fantastic success with it so am the last person to knock it)
will red the links tho ;-)
kate

its ok, lilypad it didn't sound like that!

Mini just put that up there to reassure anyone who may have been worried!

incidently I'll bet they've not counted up how many people have died whilst following other diets as well....

anything a bit different just seems to arouse fear in people who have not done any research

mags
xxx

Last edited:
Since roughly a quarter of the population is on a diet at any given time, there will always be people who die whilst on a diet. When the diet is not controversial, there is no media mileage to be had in blaming the diet.

It's not just LL who reckon these deaths had nothing to do with the diet - the coroner agreed. However, there'd be no story in that, and nothing for Grazia to fill their pages with.

Edited to add: not aimed at you Kate, just a general comment.

Now i feel really guilty!! I had done some research and knew of one of the deaths, but what `i read did indicate that it was the poor souls health that caused it, rather than the diet, I'm not being stroppy, but I really wish I'd thought before I typed, and am really sorry if I have worried anyone, but i truly believe there is nothing to worry about. Bugger me and my quick reply!
kate

I think you have to look at why these people did die...it is just not that they were on a diet.

When your obese or morbidly obese you walk a fine line every day....

As your chances of getting a stroke, heart attack are very high and also are vunerable to diabetes, cancer and other crippling diseases along with damage ot hip and knee joints.

Once your BMI goes over 25 the risk of developing heart disease begins to increase there after.

Of course it is sad for anyone to die who is trying to do something about their weight.

If you are at all worried I would advice you read this report which might help put your mind at ease.

DR JOHN MARKS
HOMEPAGE​

Carrying reports submitted on behalf of the VLCD European Industry Group
to the
SCOOP Working Group
On
Very-Low-Calorie Diets​

1998 to 2001
consolidated 2001​

Hre is the link

http://www.geocities.com/jmarkscam/

http://www.geocities.com/jmarkscam/executive.html

Marks and Schrijver

The last link is the full report and the one above is the summary.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini for the links. I will be reading it. I really want to carry on with LL as I am doing so well with my weight loss!

Back