Lily's 261st attempt at sticking to a plan - JUDDD!!

Lily

Gold Member
I just worked it out.:eek:

If I've been dieting on and off since I was 12 (when I wasn't actually fat, doh!), then I've been dieting for 30 years. Eek. And if I, on average, try to get started or restarted on a diet plan every six weeks or so, that means that I've made somewhere in the region of 260 dieting attempts. FFS. :eek:

So, you know what they say. 261's a charm. :D So bring on the 261st attempt! :8855:

I've been looking at and playing half-heartedly with JUDDD since April. In fact, since April, I've looked at all sorts of things, particularly in the intermittent fasting arena. In that time, I have proved to myself that I can fast for a whole 24 hours, that I can actually do several days of JUDDDing in a row (though alas, I've not managed weeks just yet) and that carbs aren't the evil I'd started to believe they were (don't get me wrong, they aren't good, exactly - but it's possible to eat some and not grow a second head. Yes, I too was surprised. :D).

I've also done a tiny stint of Cambridge SS-ing (ha, it's not gone especially well but I haven't continued to gain weight whilst messing up on SS, so I'll take that as a bonus). In fact, my CWPC is under the illusion that I'm SS-ing even as I write and I'm not about to shatter that illusion. I'm cautiously optimistic that I can lose a couple of pounds a week doing JUDDD and using Cambridge products on DDs. I'll probably tell her the truth eventually but for now, I'm keeping my options open. That might sound odd but anyone who's suffered the agonising crawl of shame back to Cambridge will understand why I'm not waving bye-bye to my CWPC just yet...

Today should be day 4 - in fact, let's call it Day 4, despite the fact that I blew my DDs on both Saturday and yesterday. Astonishingly, I've still managed to lose 3lbs since Saturday so, with that reprieve, I'm planning on doing a whole lot better from now on. Hence this diary - I need to start being more accountable to myself. :copon:

I need to - no - I want to do this. Parts of me have started to hurt even more than usual. My right ankle hurts pretty much all the time and my left knee doesn't like stairs. Not good. :( I've got to find other means of dealing with stress, with being constantly tired, find ways of making myself feel better that don't include troughing myself stupid. And so, I'm committing to giving JUDDD a proper go. It's infinitely do-able. I'm told that after the first couple of weeks, after the SIRT1 gene kicks in, that it's a very forgiving plan, that it can actually heal messed-about metabolisms (and surely mine is thoroughly messed-about). I'm looking forward to finding out whether it's true.

I'm not going to be so hard-core on my next DD (tomorrow) - I'm going to allow myself to have up to 800 calories if I need them - and carry on having slightly higher cal DDs for the first couple of weeks, then gradually lower them back down again. My JUDDD buddds tell me that that's perfectly acceptable and is actually the way many of them managed to get going on this WOE. Well, if it's good enough for them... :D

In the meantime, I still have 837 calories left to eat today. :) You've gotta love UDs!

Good luck and I genuinely hope you get along with Juddd, I personally love it am into week 4 and find my DD's relatively easy, I am on aDD today its 4.30 , I have had several cups tea/coffee 2 slices of thin ham and a poached egg and not the least bit hungry and boy am I usually greedy pig!! Also finding I am getting fuller much quicker on my UP days too. This Diet is not suited to everyone but if you can cope with the DD's then you will be fine :)

Lily said:
I just worked it out.:eek:

If I've been dieting on and off since I was 12 (when I wasn't actually fat, doh!), then I've been dieting for 30 years. Eek. And if I, on average, try to get started or restarted on a diet plan every six weeks or so, that means that I've made somewhere in the region of 260 dieting attempts. FFS. :eek:

So, you know what they say. 261's a charm. :D So bring on the 261st attempt! :8855:

I've been looking at and playing half-heartedly with JUDDD since April. In fact, since April, I've looked at all sorts of things, particularly in the intermittent fasting arena. In that time, I have proved to myself that I can fast for a whole 24 hours, that I can actually do several days of JUDDDing in a row (though alas, I've not managed weeks just yet) and that carbs aren't the evil I'd started to believe they were (don't get me wrong, they aren't good, exactly - but it's possible to eat some and not grow a second head. Yes, I too was surprised. :D).

I've also done a tiny stint of Cambridge SS-ing (ha, it's not gone especially well but I haven't continued to gain weight whilst messing up on SS, so I'll take that as a bonus). In fact, my CWPC is under the illusion that I'm SS-ing even as I write and I'm not about to shatter that illusion. I'm cautiously optimistic that I can lose a couple of pounds a week doing JUDDD and using Cambridge products on DDs. I'll probably tell her the truth eventually but for now, I'm keeping my options open. That might sound odd but anyone who's suffered the agonising crawl of shame back to Cambridge will understand why I'm not waving bye-bye to my CWPC just yet...

Today should be day 4 - in fact, let's call it Day 4, despite the fact that I blew my DDs on both Saturday and yesterday. Astonishingly, I've still managed to lose 3lbs since Saturday so, with that reprieve, I'm planning on doing a whole lot better from now on. Hence this diary - I need to start being more accountable to myself. :copon:

I need to - no - I want to do this. Parts of me have started to hurt even more than usual. My right ankle hurts pretty much all the time and my left knee doesn't like stairs. Not good. :( I've got to find other means of dealing with stress, with being constantly tired, find ways of making myself feel better that don't include troughing myself stupid. And so, I'm committing to giving JUDDD a proper go. It's infinitely do-able. I'm told that after the first couple of weeks, after the SIRT1 gene kicks in, that it's a very forgiving plan, that it can actually heal messed-about metabolisms (and surely mine is thoroughly messed-about). I'm looking forward to finding out whether it's true.

I'm not going to be so hard-core on my next DD (tomorrow) - I'm going to allow myself to have up to 800 calories if I need them - and carry on having slightly higher cal DDs for the first couple of weeks, then gradually lower them back down again. My JUDDD buddds tell me that that's perfectly acceptable and is actually the way many of them managed to get going on this WOE. Well, if it's good enough for them... :D

In the meantime, I still have 837 calories left to eat today. :) You've gotta love UDs!

Lily. I officially adore you.

I'm teetering on the brink of a fully fledged leap into JUDDD given mel and you have made a successful transition. My only concern was the up days unleashing my binge mechanism!

I'm still watching ;) waiting, anticipating. If you drop a couple of pounds a week...I'm in!

By the way what do your jUDDering friends say about fitness. Do you offset it, can you do it on DDs and does it impact on weight loss?

Hi Lily and welcome to JUDDD. Good luck on your 261st and last diet!!!

Hope your DD goes well tomorrow x

I exercise when I feel like it and when I have time. It's more appropriate to do on Up days as energy should be higher!

gentoo/aptenny

I'm teetering on the brink of a fully fledged leap into JUDDD given mel and you have made a successful transition. My only concern was the up days unleashing my binge mechanism!
Hi sorry to hijack Lillys thread but just wanted to give my perspective on your worries, I am in my 4th week of Juddd and I have no off switch when it comes to food, however I am finding my DD's increasingly easier and my UP days I am finding that I am fuller much quicker and actually can't finish my meals. This is in no way intentional as I love this diet because I can eat what I like on my UPs , so you may think you will binge and may eat more on your first few UPs but its temporary it actually appears to have the opposite effect
:)

Hi sorry to hijack Lillys thread but just wanted to give my perspective on your worries, I am in my 4th week of Juddd and I have no off switch when it comes to food, however I am finding my DD's increasingly easier and my UP days I am finding that I am fuller much quicker and actually can't finish my meals. This is in no way intentional as I love this diet because I can eat what I like on my UPs , so you may think you will binge and may eat more on your first few UPs but its temporary it actually appears to have the opposite effect
:)

I echo that! Could not agree more about the opposite effect it has on you in terms of your eating.

bajoleth said:
Hi sorry to hijack Lillys thread but just wanted to give my perspective on your worries, I am in my 4th week of Juddd and I have no off switch when it comes to food, however I am finding my DD's increasingly easier and my UP days I am finding that I am fuller much quicker and actually can't finish my meals. This is in no way intentional as I love this diet because I can eat what I like on my UPs , so you may think you will binge and may eat more on your first few UPs but its temporary it actually appears to have the opposite effect :)

That's so good to know as I am Like you

Have a good DD today x

Good luck Lily. I hope this is your very last diet, I will be keeping track of your diary with great interest
XxX

hello lilly!

How is the DD going...?

Ok, so I confess that I may be trying out the idea of a down day since I am supposed to be doing low/carb/slim and save...I have a headache and feel Blurgh already, so I hope you are doing ok!

Evening! :cool:

Hi Lily and welcome to JUDDD. Good luck on your 261st and last diet!!!

Hope your DD goes well tomorrow x

Aw, thanks Karenlou. It did (go well). More on that in a mo...

Lily. I officially adore you.

Aw. Double aw. Really? :eek:

I'm still watching ;) waiting, anticipating. If you drop a couple of pounds a week...I'm in!

No pressure, eh? ;) I'll see what I can do...

By the way what do your jUDDering friends say about fitness. Do you offset it, can you do it on DDs and does it impact on weight loss?

Exercise? Don't use rude words like that in my diary! :D :D

I exercise when I feel like it and when I have time. It's more appropriate to do on Up days as energy should be higher!

gentoo/aptenny

Thanks for chipping in, gentoo. :) Much appreciated. About off-setting - some people do but it's probably best not to get into that mindset IMHO. Bit like eating all your extra WW exercise points, I guess. But that's probably just me!

I echo that! Could not agree more about the opposite effect it has on you in terms of your eating.

Hi cantakenomore - looking forward to that effect! Although today's been pretty easy, actually, so I really mustn't grumble!

That's so good to know as I am Like you

Kept your quote in just so I could say hi, Katiebaby! Hope you're having a good day (I'll try to have a mooch around other threads here over the next few days!).

Have a good DD today x

I did. I DID! :D No idea why today was the day I finally cracked it, but I've had 492 calories. Yay!

Good luck Lily. I hope this is your very last diet, I will be keeping track of your diary with great interest
XxX

Thanks MrsC999 x x

hello lilly!

How is the DD going...?

Ok, so I confess that I may be trying out the idea of a down day since I am supposed to be doing low/carb/slim and save...I have a headache and feel Blurgh already, so I hope you are doing ok!

I am (though I got a headache too. Probably haven't drunk enough today (me, not you)). It's all good though. :)

I can't actually believe how much easier it's been today. But then I've kept busy and I've done my darndest to stay positive about it all and I think that's helped a lot. And tomorrow's an UD - yee haaa!

Onwards and downwards!

Yay well done, its a lovely feeling successfully getting to the end of a DD isn't it x
Have a lovely UP tomorrow :)

Lily said:
Evening! :cool:

Aw, thanks Karenlou. It did (go well). More on that in a mo...

Aw. Double aw. Really? :eek:

No pressure, eh? ;) I'll see what I can do...

Exercise? Don't use rude words like that in my diary! :D :D

Thanks for chipping in, gentoo. :) Much appreciated. About off-setting - some people do but it's probably best not to get into that mindset IMHO. Bit like eating all your extra WW exercise points, I guess. But that's probably just me!

Hi cantakenomore - looking forward to that effect! Although today's been pretty easy, actually, so I really mustn't grumble!

Kept your quote in just so I could say hi, Katiebaby! Hope you're having a good day (I'll try to have a mooch around other threads here over the next few days!).

I did. I DID! :D No idea why today was the day I finally cracked it, but I've had 492 calories. Yay!

Thanks MrsC999 x x

I am (though I got a headache too. Probably haven't drunk enough today (me, not you)). It's all good though. :)

I can't actually believe how much easier it's been today. But then I've kept busy and I've done my darndest to stay positive about it all and I think that's helped a lot. And tomorrow's an UD - yee haaa!

Onwards and downwards!

Soooo good!

Hi lily *waves madly* I look forward to reading your journey :)

Hi lily *waves madly* I look forward to reading your journey :)

:wavey: *waves madly back* Hi Katiebaby!

Just a quick post cos I'm at work and therefore supposed to be working (ha!)

I was down another 2 pounds on my scales this morning. :D. Not an official weigh in, but thought I'd mention it... :)

Hey Lily i understand your at work but shanny will wait around until you can do a 'BIG' update... cuz that is 5 lbs loss in total...(amazing young lady) whoop whoop.:D Is it a DD today? xx

Hi Lily,

Found your new diary!!! Congrats on your 261st!!!
Although, I truly do not think of this a diet, but as a change in how I live my life.

I plan to lose weight (at least 20 but more likely 30 pounds) and, perhaps, eventually even out the Ups and Downs.

However, I know very "Beck-like" if when I am at goal and maintaining I have an UP day, then it will be followed by Down Day.
I think it is a very workable way of keeping over all consumption in check.

It is an UP day for me, too.

I find that I am not out to binge like crazy, probably because I could.

I want to eat healthier for the most part, that said... I did have come curly fries (baked not fried).

I have a headache, too -- and my water has been okay. I think it is the weather.

:wavey: *waves madly back* Hi Katiebaby!

Just a quick post cos I'm at work and therefore supposed to be working (ha!)

I was down another 2 pounds on my scales this morning. :D. Not an official weigh in, but thought I'd mention it... :)

tsk, tsk. Stop scale hopping. Weigh once a week. Get your Beck out, Lily. It'll help. Sooner or later the scale will not be your friend and then will you find it hard to stay the course?

Hey Lily i understand your at work but shanny will wait around until you can do a 'BIG' update... cuz that is 5 lbs loss in total...(amazing young lady) whoop whoop.:D Is it a DD today? xx

I think she's Up today, as am I.

Mel

Back