Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

As this is my diary, I'm allowed to whinge and moan a little bit, aren't I? Just a little bit - to get stuff out there, yeah?

Okay. Look away, those of you who are sensitive...

You have been warned... :rolleyes:

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING CONSTIPATED!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...oooww-owww....

:cry:

I don't think it's because I don't drink enough - I guzzle loads. If I take the soluble fibre stuff or psyllium husks, it only seems to make things worse not better. So I'm in this stupid position where there are only 2 ways of forcing the issue (yes, pun intended) and that's to eat lots of chocolate or apricots (works every time of course :sigh:) or take Dulcolax. Either way, my poor botty doesn't love me at all. :(

It's pants (LOL, the puns keep coming). In my search for a solution, I've just come across a post where someone says that drinking peppermint tea three times a day helps them. So I'm on the brink of hurtling down to the supermarket to get some. Is that desperate, or what?

Arrrghh!

Well, it feels better to have got that out if nothing else (yes, that was another play on words...) :rolleyes:

You know Lily I know this isn't wise advice but id go for the dried prunes/ apricot honestly that will soon flood your toilet??

Hope u go verrryy soon xx

LOL. I hit the apricots - with some success. My drug of choice would've been chocolate, naturally, but I decided not to go there this time. :)

I now also have 3 brands of peppermint tea to try. I'll take a box to work and drink peppermint tea and water all day instead of de-caff coffee and water. Gotta say I don't particularly like it (the peppermint tea), but maybe I could learn to love it LOL.

And if it helps, well it'll be worth it.

Hi Lily,

I am glad that you did not go for the chocolate solution for your internal pollution (poetry?). I hope it all works out okay. ;)

Argh. I know what you mean. I've been taking 9(!) physillium husks a day, and I still only go about twice a week. Really annoying!!

hey lily, im taking lactolose on a daily basis these days due to the same problem, i drink 5 litres most days and the physillam started as a wonderment and then had the opposite effect, my stomach was rock solid ( and not the pretty flat abs rock hard variety )
bodyweight in sweetcorn and broccoli helps sometimes ( sheer volume does it i think, lol )

hope youve gotten it sorted

hey lily, im taking lactolose on a daily basis these days due to the same problem, i drink 5 litres most days and the physillam started as a wonderment and then had the opposite effect, my stomach was rock solid ( and not the pretty flat abs rock hard variety )
bodyweight in sweetcorn and broccoli helps sometimes ( sheer volume does it i think, lol )

hope youve gotten it sorted

LOL - that's kind of what it did to me. When I took psyllium husks, they seemed to work and to start with I thought, "Hey - great! A solution!" then found myself in agony about 2 days later. I don't know whether I've just wrecked my innards after years of on-off dieting, from WW to Atkins. Probably. I did take lactulose for a while, so maybe I'll start it up again.

I know what you mean about volume too - funny how it all 'moves on' the moment you start troughing down all the foods you're not supposed to be eating. :rolleyes: I swear it's one of the reasons I fall off the wagon on a regular basis - half the time I don't even realise I'm constipated until I've gone an all-out binge and I suddenly find myself in need of the loo double quick... :sigh:

Far too much information, sorry. But it might help someone. Anyway, plenty of Christmas presents wrapped and posted off today (my new euphemism for :sick0019::D:D) so it's all good. And I've had 3 cups of peppermint tea too, so we'll see, LOL.

I've had another STS at weigh-in this week but my CDC was surprisingly gentle with me. Maybe all her other clients succumbed to Easter Lindt bunnies...

:eek: I probably shouldn't have done it, but I just looked up my original diary here, the one I started writing back in 2008.

This is from 28 April 2008 (so 3 years ago tomorrow!)

I thought it was high time I kept a diary so that I could keep myself motivated long enough to lose the next couple of stones or so.

I can honestly say I wish I'd discovered this diet years ago, having tried every other diet under the sun--you name it, I've probably tried it. I can count calories, points, fat units, carbs... but until now, couldn't ever seem to lose more than a stone or two without losing the plot.

So far, I've lost more than five stones. I've shrunk out of size 24 clothes (which I'll admit now were getting tight) to clothes in a size 14 to 16. It feels wonderful. I never thought I'd get back to being to a more 'normal' size again. I'd all but given up.

But just recently, I think having lost so much already has kind of worked against me. Because I'm so much smaller than I was, I've kind of rested on my laurels a bit too much lately. I've been picking at food for a few weeks now, things on the AAM list (the protein bits, not vegetables and salad, LOL). Then slowly but surely, other things started getting into my mouth. The odd glass of wine. Slices of pizza... And then a couple of days ago, I fell well and truly off the wagon and went on an all-out binge. I didn't even want the stuff I was shovelling into my gob. It was the most bizarre experience--and I hated myself for doing it, but I couldn't seem to stop until I was ready to burst.

The shock of doing this after sticking to the diet pretty much 100% for six months made me realise a couple of things. Firstly, I really do want to get to my goal weight of 10 stones 6 pounds. As of today, that's 31 pounds away. In five weeks time, I'm going on holiday to Cornwall. By then I want to have lost at least 14 pounds of that 31 pounds.

I'm under no illusions that it's going to be easy. Losing weight never is. It doesn't help that I have an exam in two and a half weeks (May 13) so I've got to spend a lot of time with my nose in a book trying not to remember that I used to revise with a bucket of Maltesers in front of me . But hey, who needs Maltesers when you can have a size 12 body? Cos I've never been a size 12 in the whole of my adult life (I'm 38). Wouldn't that be something?

So I've gone back to basics. Nothing but shakes, lots of water, black coffee and tea. And so far, so good. Today seems to be going okay too. I'm hoping that once I get through day 3 again my head will be back in the game. It actually helps that I've had some--ahem--constipation issues just lately. I did a bit of research on the old internet and realised that the cause was probably too much protein (from picking at the AAM foods). That'll teach me to go mad on chicken... .

I'm planning on checking in here regularly to keep tabs on myself, LOL. Today I'd already lost 3lbs of the water weight I put on after the binge (only another 4lbs to go to get me back to the lowest weight I've been in 11 years ).

Just gotta keep reminding myself that I really want this--and that it will be worth it in the end!

I weighed 177 pounds that day. And I remember getting down to 168 pounds again before I went on holiday. :eek:

And that was that...

Right. No more messing about. 810 with no cheats tomorrow!!!

I weighed 177 pounds that day. And I remember getting down to 168 pounds again before I went on holiday. :eek:

And that was that...

Right. No more messing about. 810 with no cheats tomorrow!!!

But actually - it has helped to dig this post back up. Because now I remember that it wasn't just the holiday that sent me off track - it was the exam. Because I failed it. :( And I know it's no excuse, but I took the decision to come off the diet and eat whatever I wanted just to get me through that time (cos it was a very very black time in my life). I'd done my back in as well (mowing the lawn of all things) and it hurt like hell to bend over a book.

God. For the longest time, I've thought it was the holiday that screwed me up, cos somehow I managed to edit the other cr*p out of my memory.

This might sound odd - but I'm oddly reassured by this revelation. :)

it is amazing how minds block things out

i had myself convinced i had done 5 months solid the first time round but looking at an old diary there was a cheesecake fiasco one day when i convinced myself that if i just ate the cheese bit and not the biscuit then i would be ok, suffice to say i wasnt

it is amazing how minds block things out

i had myself convinced i had done 5 months solid the first time round but looking at an old diary there was a cheesecake fiasco one day when i convinced myself that if i just ate the cheese bit and not the biscuit then i would be ok, suffice to say i wasnt

Sounds like the sort of thing I'd try to tell myself too. :) Oh well, as Beck would tell us to say. :D

Sounds like the sort of thing I'd try to tell myself too. :) Oh well, as Beck would tell us to say. :D

ive just started reading the beck book, am hoping it helps as i tell myself the most amazing amount of pure crap, lol

sumayyah said:
ive just started reading the beck book, am hoping it helps as i tell myself the most amazing amount of pure crap, lol

Must be all that lactulose, eh? ;) ;)

Seriously, yep - same here. I'm going to start reading it again myself!

Off to bed now. Still feeling quite stunned that I blocked out all those memories...

N'night all x

Hi Claire and Lily,

I liked reading your post from 2008. That was the year I did LL and you could have been speaking for me. I did make it to goal (and was my lowest weight in 13 years -- maybe longer)... stay there a bit, then slowly started regaining.

Now, with the help of Beck and CD810, I am slowly getting back to goal. I do not think I would still be working at it without Beck. There have been a lot of reasons to "give up", but I Beck is helping.

Those ARCs are useful -- because you can make them your own, so they speak the truth.

Good Luck and CREDIT to you both!

Heres to a 100% 810 day lovely Lily :)

I'm not feeling very lovely right now. I've just finished scrubbing the toilets...

Mustn't grumble. I'm at home this morning because I've got a meeting in Westminster this afternoon and my office is an hour's drive from where I live in the opposite direction. So I'm working from home this morning (the toilet scrubbing being an incidental part of that, LOL. Got more reading to be getting on with in a moment).

And before you ask, my meeting has nothing to do with the wedding, though I expect I might have to pick my way around the people camped on the pavement. Fun fun fun :D

One chocolate orange bar and one peppermint tea down...

Yes, most supermarkets will have peppermint tea. I'm not sure if it's working yet, LOL - cos yesterday I'd still got Dulcolax in my system. :) I'll keep you posted.

And I am actually starting to quite like it, weirdly enough. Maybe I've never given it enough of a go, before.

does it taste like tea or minty toothpaste rinse water backwash?

Mrs Lampard said:
Aw Lily, Sorry to hear you were scrubbing the toilet, although based on your previous posts I'm assuming this is a "Yahooo!" moment?! :D lol. I hope you have a fab day!! xx

:8855: PMSL. No, the 2 events weren't connected, LOL. Just ordinary bathroom maintenance. :)

Back