Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

Hi Lily,

I hope you had a lovely day. Did you watch the wedding on the tele, in person or not at all?

Lily I miss your updates..

Come on chick.. If your on plan or struggling let us know..

Ps I can't sleep again lol

Hi Lily,

I hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed all the excitement. I also wish you a wonderful first day of May! (A good month for a Lily, me thinks.)

I miss you too, you must have stole my life cos I'm here & you're not :(

No, still no life... :) Another quiet weekend.

I am struggling though. And all because I read yet another 'diet' book. :rolleyes: And now, dammit, I'm really torn and I don't know what to do. I know what I want to do, but I can't figure out whether that's just my food-deprived mind telling me that I want to do it, or whether it really is the right thing to do.

You see, I read 'You can be thin' by Marisa Peer. And if anyone here's ever read that book, you'll be able to guess what the problem is. I'm having a really hard time drinking Cambridge milkshakes now... Arrggh!

And the type of diet she recommends is one that I can definitely live with. It's basically low carb (though no dairy products) but there's no restriction on fruit. In many ways, calorie-wise it's what I'm already doing on 810. I've just worked out the calories for what I've had today and it's come out to around 950 calories (and that's including a banana tetra that really didn't sit very well (damn Marisa's hypnotic style of writing :mad:). And I'm not hungry (no surprises there).

But I can't jump off the Cambridge wagon again, can I? :confused: Not after everything I've said in the past, not after all the deep and meaningful chats I've had with myself about not changing horse midstream, that Cambridge is the only way I can get rid of weight quickly, etc.

Except, the truth is, I'm not shedding weight quickly on Cambridge, cos I'm just not sticking to it.

I honestly don't know what to do. :sigh: I can't decide whether I'm just fooling myself again - or whether Marisa's way of eating really is something I could do long term (because actually, I think it is. The addition of fruit makes it very manageable).

So much for being committed, eh? :rolleyes: But I am still committed to shedding weight - just not necessarily to doing it via Cambridge.

I have a good friend who's going to give me a really hard time about stopping Cambridge again - although it's partly her fault, because she's the one who wanted to buy me a session of hypnotherapy for my birthday, LOL.

And God knows what my CWPC will say, LOL. I've started and stopped Cambridge so many times it's like I'm caught in a revolving door.

Can anyone pick through what I've just said and tell me what I'm really thinking, LOL? Cos I don't think I can figure it out!

I am struggling though. And all because I read yet another 'diet' book. :rolleyes:

would u recommend this book Lily?

Except, the truth is, I'm not shedding weight quickly on Cambridge, cos I'm just not sticking to it.

This paragraph i can relate to since i came back off my cruise.. and the simply fact was i wasnt 100% like u are ment to be.. this may be the truth Lily.. and it's coming a light now?

But I am still committed to shedding weight - just not necessarily to doing it via Cambridge.

You will be committed Lily just like we all are hunnie.. maybe write down on paper what other method of weightloss you would consider following?

I think CC for me may put my mind at rest for now:confused:... well i sure hope so today ive eaten 793 kcals im im pleased with this low amount.:)

I hope you get the advice you need.. maybe some one like Melissa will be more helpful.!:)

Big hugs Lily x

would u recommend this book Lily?

Actually, yes I would. I thought I'd read just about everything, LOL, but this one had passed me by. It kind of ties all sorts of things up for me in a way that other authors haven't managed to do. It's kind of like Paul McKenna with a much better explanation, LOL - and not intuitive eating either (cos personally I think my intuition would require me to eat three times my own body weight in junk :)).

But it's not for anyone who's really going to struggle with the idea of giving up bread, pasta and milk related products for ever. Yes, forever. :)

I already know that those foods are trigger foods for me, so being persuaded not to eat them is a damn good idea.

You will be committed Lily just like we all are hunnie.. maybe write down on paper what other method of weightloss you would consider following?

Sage advice, my friend. I've always liked low carbing anyway and this is low carbing with bells on (well, fruit, anyway :)) but without the addition of cheese LOL.

I think CC for me may put my mind at rest for now:confused:... well i sure hope so today ive eaten 793 kcals im im pleased with this low amount.:)

Well done, Shanny! :happy096: Like I said, I've added up what I've eaten today too and it feels like a lot - but it added up to less than 1000 calories. And I could get to feel more normal again - eat out with my colleagues at work, have meals with my family, that sort of thing.

I hope you get the advice you need.. maybe some one like Marisa will be more helpful.!:)

Big hugs Lily x

Thanks hun x x Much appreciated. :hug99:

Lily i have a chat with two wonderful ladies on the CC board her name is The Mogg.. she started CCing last year she has between 600-900 calories a day.. and has lost 50 lbs in total..! she now weighs 185 lbs

shes only started exercising last week.. and is still going strong hun..!

You have lost 49 lbs already which a huge amount of weight to loose.. (just thought id share with ya) xx

Lily i have a chat with two wonderful ladies on the CC board her name is The Mogg.. she started CCing last year she has between 600-900 calories a day.. and has lost 50 lbs in total..! she now weighs 185 lbs

shes only started exercising last week.. and is still going strong hun..!

You have lost 49 lbs already which a huge amount of weight to loose.. (just thought id share with ya) xx
now im thinking y did i post this??
:479::8855::8855:

Lily carbs like pasta are trigger foods for me too (not to mention chocolate) have you read Only fat people skip breakfast by Lee Janolgy? thats a similar type of book.

I plan to CD for a few more weeks then work up the plans and then calorie count but keep it low GI, as I think it is the way forward for me, and I know that I'll probably have to low carb for life, but I just need the kick start that CD will give me.
Good luck with whatever you decide

Lily whatever you decide to do it has to be right for you and no one else. I understand how you feel. The last time I changed back to cd it took me day's to make up my mind because I kept thinking what people might say or think.

I felt like I was letting people down who had encouraged me to change to SW.

I did change for abit but in my head I wasn't ready and ended up going potty in the supermarket and thinking I could eat loads because it was allowed on SW. That was my own fault and nothing to do with the diet itself.

Don't struggle on just give it a go :) :)

Morning Lily!

I read that book last summer, it worked for me, but old habits crept in. I did feel better eating 'clean' but some of the things she said didn't sit well with me, like how she said bread is glue, then in another part of the book she says she still enjoys hot bread from the oven ??? Just little things. If it works for you that's amazing, I wish it had lasted for me. I even tried soy milk & yoghurts, bleurgh!!

Hope you have a great day Lily

Morning Lily!

I read that book last summer, it worked for me, but old habits crept in. I did feel better eating 'clean' but some of the things she said didn't sit well with me, like how she said bread is glue, then in another part of the book she says she still enjoys hot bread from the oven ??? Just little things. If it works for you that's amazing, I wish it had lasted for me. I even tried soy milk & yoghurts, bleurgh!!

Hope you have a great day Lily

LOL, yes - there are a few inconsistencies aren't there? I couldn't help noticing those too - I am of course a trained investigator :D:D, so I would, wouldn't I? But I think she covers herself by saying that her way of eating works if you do it most of the time and save the other stuff for high days and holidays.

It's really difficult. Like Sarah says, it's getting past the 'what will other people think if I change what I'm doing yet again?' thing. I've got until Wednesday to try to reach some decisions, so in the interim, I'm giving it a whirl. It's weird, but at the moment I don't have any desire to eat glue or mucus :D (which is a mixed blessing when it comes to Cambridge cos the shakes are full of milk :rolleyes:). I had scrambled egg for breakfast, some fruit and nuts for lunch and am planning on having stir-fried chicken for tea.

But am I just in the novelty phase - is that why I think I can do this? Past experience would say that it is - and that very shortly I'm going to crash and burn... again. And then there's a part of me that's saying, "Well, of course you'll crash and burn if you think you're going to crash and burn..." and yes, I really do need to be careful about what I say to myself, don't I?

Pffff.

Last edited:
At least I'm eating low carb, right? If I do decide on Cambridge, it should be a fairly painless leap back.

Enough of that - some of the good stuff. Regardless of what I end up doing, some of the things Marisa says ring true for me.

Like this

You will always have another day to eat cakes, chocolate and biscuits but you only have a certain amount of time to wear the things you want to wear and do the things you want to do. When you are ninety you can eat as many chocolates and crisps as you want to but it will be too late to wear tight jeans, fitted tops, shorts and anything else you are longing to fit into.

It will also be too late to do many of the activities you might be putting off as you wait to get thinner – things like running, dancing, cycling and skiing. Putting some restrictions on yourself is not going to take anything away from you; it’s actually going to give you so much more back. You won’t feel deprived because you will be so focused on all the benefits coming your way.

That really got to me. I won't get to 90 if I carry on the way I'm going. I might not make it to 60. :eek: And the idea that I'm wasting so much time here is really painful. I'm already too old to wear crop tops and hot pants, LOL (not that I'm sure the world would ever have been ready for that, even if I was slim ;) :D).

Do I really want to look back on this time in a few years and think, "Lily, you idiot! Why did you keep screwing up???"

And then there was this:

If you want to change your actions you must begin by changing your thoughts. As John Drained said, ‘We first make our habits and then our habits make us.’ If your habit of action is eating chocolate and your habit of thought is chocolate cheers me up and makes everything better you have to give up the thought habit as well as the action habit if you want to reach and stay at your ideal weight. Of course, thoughts don’t start off as ingrained habits but once an idea has been accepted it tends to stick. The longer it is held the more it tends to become a fixed habit of thinking. Moreover, people on diets only focus on giving up the action while still believing the same thoughts, which is why they resume overeating and regain the weight.

No wonder I've never been able to give up chocolate! There's only so long you can resist the stuff if you maintain the belief that it's magical stuff that can pick you up when you're down. Cos until now, I've been damn sure it could!

But of course it can't, can it? Not long term. It might make me feel better for 5 minutes, and that'll be that.

All this only serves to heighten my belief that successful slimming is all in the mind... :sigh:

Last edited:
Todays intake is good chuck.. Have u guessed / counted the calories on it all?

I adore free mainly grapes lol x

Hi Shanny :D

Just under 700 so far. About to go and cook my stir-fry, so maybe another 300 ish to add to that? Not bad though, eh?

Hi Shanny :D

Just under 700 so far. About to go and cook my stir-fry, so maybe another 300 ish to add to that? Not bad though, eh?
Yeah course very good.. I had a stir fry yesterday.

Nice and low over all. How do u feel then ? X

Last edited:
Sounds good to me Lilly :) enjoy your tea and as Shanny said let us know how you are doing.

I read the bit about putting things off and not being able to wear things when your older.

I too never had a Kylie bum so sadly couldn't carry off gold hotpants :D but I am 42 now and I have never been out wearing just a vest top or strappy dress without a shrug. That's kind of sad really. Thanks for the post though it's food for thought (so to speak) ;)

Back