Lime or any flavour mousse

redsters baby

Hi

Some really lovely desserts here. My fave is the roulade, I have been adding chocolate options to it and its yummy.

I make up this Lime or other flavour mousse most nights. Syn value of 1.5 for the jelly.

3 egg whites
Artifical Sweetner
1 packer sf hartleys jelly(i love lime)
2 mullerlight vanilla with chocolate sprinkles

• Make up jelly using half recommended water, allow to cool

• Whisk egg whites until stiff, add sweetner to taste

• Fold in mullerlight yoghurts to egg white mixtures

• Add the jelly and mix

• Allow to chill

It turns into a lovely jelly with a mousse layer.

Ooh, will have to try making that - sounds yummy!

I have a recipe for a lemon mousse, which i've made a couple of times. And its syn-FREE :D

Grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
8 level tbsp canderel
3 eggs separated
2 tbsp hot water
1 sachet gelatine
6oz very low fat fromage frais / quark / natural yoghurt
1 egg white
pinch of salt

1. Put grated lemon rind and juice in a bowl with canderel and egg yolks. Stand over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk for about 10- 15 minutes, until a custard-y consistency.

2. Pour hot water into a basin and sprinkle over gelatine - stand in a saucepan of simmmering water until gelatine has dissolved.

3. Stir dissolved gelatine into lemon custard mix and leave until beginning to set. Fold the fromage frais / quark / yoghurt into the setting lemon mixture

Am gonna have a go at this later-have only ever made it with ff but loving quark at the moment and have loads so will use quark :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

emmster said:
Ooh, will have to try making that - sounds yummy!

I have a recipe for a lemon mousse, which i've made a couple of times. And its syn-FREE :D

8 level tbsp canderel
3 eggs separated
2 tbsp hot water
1 sachet gelatine
6oz very low fat fromage frais / quark / natural yoghurt
1 egg white
pinch of salt

1. Put grated lemon rind and juice in a bowl with canderel and egg yolks. Stand over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk for about 10- 15 minutes, until a custard-y consistency.

2. Pour hot water into a basin and sprinkle over gelatine - stand in a saucepan of simmmering water until gelatine has dissolved.

3. Stir dissolved gelatine into lemon custard mix and leave until beginning to set. Fold the fromage frais / quark / yoghurt into the setting lemon mixture

Sorry if I'm being dull, but when do I need to add the egg whites?

This is a very similar recipe to yours on this one you add the egg whites at step 4, just before putting them into the dishes

Lemon Mousse

(Syn Free)
Ingredients;
8 level tbsp canderel
3 eggs separated
2 tbsp hot water
1 sachet gelatine
6oz very low fat fromage frais
1 egg white
pinch of salt OR cream of tartar
Method;
1. Put grated lemon rind and juice in a bowl with canderel and egg yolks. Stand over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until lemon in colour (10- 15 minutes)
3. Stir dissolved gelatine into lemon custard mix and leave until beginning to set. Fold the fromage frais into the setting lemon mixture .
4. Whisk the 4 egg whites with the salt or cream of tartar until peaking and fold the setting lemon mixture in with a metal spoon.
5. Pour into a mousse dish and refridgerate for 2 - 3 hours.
There you go - free lemon mousse - perfect for dinner parties or scoffing on your own!

Back