Linda's JUDDD Diary...

Wow. Well done. That is an excellent loss. How long have you been doing it for?

Thankyou :-D I've only been on it for two weeks. First week after 3 DDs of 50cals each day I only lost 1lb and almost gave up. This week no bread and lower carbs on UDs and only 2 DDs resulted in 3lbs loss. Although my UDs are so calorie heavy I wouldnt dare add up the cals. I'm going to plan my UDs whilst on my DD it gives me something to do other than obsessing about food all day.
How are you doing?

Morning L,

Sounds like a good plan.

I added up my calories (and probably missed some) for yesterday and they were way too many. I'm going to try to stay low carb and sensible calories, plus fitness today (Up) and then SS tomorrow and repeat.

Thursday -post DD - 177lb Official WI.
Friday - post UD - 177.2lb (+0.2lb)
Saturday - post DD 176.8 (-0.2lb)
Sunday - post UD - 178.2lb (+1.2lb)
Monday - post UD - 178.8lb (+1.8lb)

So not a bad gain for 2 UD. Have to say, my blood count is really low so have been taking iron stuff 3 times a day which has bunged me up a bit, so yesterday's low weight gain could be because I finally 'went' yesterday. Lol

Had fish and chips yesterday from the shop, 3 sausages in 2 large rolls, several angel slices and my normal breakfast, so ate a lot yesterday. Saturday was also a high calorie day too.

Today is a fast day, but will consume my 500 calories. Tassimo Costa Latte for breakfast, possibly berries and 0% Greek yoghurt for lunch and soup and sugar free jelly for dinner. Was thinking of maybe doing slimming world or weight watchers simple start on weekday eat days to try and keep the calories down. Carbs don't really affect me much, so cutting them out won't help. Saying that, Tuesday I think we are having lunch out as we won a voucher for lunch in a pub quiz last week, and I want the steak and ale pie and chips.

Hi L -- sorry about the functional issues. Is there any reason you're not doing VLCD packets on Down Days (for good nutrition)?

O do sometimes use the packs for down days, but 4 packs take you over on calories and 3 take you under on nutrition. I take a multivitamin instead and then can eat what I want on fast days too. Don't really like SNS meals anyway, and the bars are too high in calories for fast days.

O do sometimes use the packs for down days, but 4 packs take you over on calories and 3 take you under on nutrition. I take a multivitamin instead and then can eat what I want on fast days too. Don't really like SNS meals anyway, and the bars are too high in calories for fast days.

Makes sense.

Tuesday -post DD - 176lb (-1lb)

At last, going in the right direction. Off out for lunch with friends today, having steak and ale pie which will rack up the calories. Will eat less for tea tonight. Unfortunately my clothes aren't feeling any looser tho.

At last, going in the right direction. Off out for lunch with friends today, having steak and ale pie which will rack up the calories. Will eat less for tea tonight. Unfortunately my clothes aren't feeling any looser tho.

It takes time for your body to settle in -- enjoy your meal out.

Yay!!!! (Not after today tho. Lol)

Wednesday -post UD - 176.6lb (-0.4lb)

Woohoo still on a loss after an UD. So should definately lose tomorrow. Won't be able to sleep tonight with excitement.

Woohoo still on a loss after an UD. So should definately lose tomorrow. Won't be able to sleep tonight with excitement.

Congrats! :)

Thursday -post DD - 175.4lb (-1.6lb)

Woohoo a loss this week.

Really struggled yesterday on my fast day. Wondering if it was because my carbs were so high on Tuesday. Will try and keep them lower today. Was starving this morning. Wondering if TOTM is looming I always forget when it's due. Lol

Afternoon L!

I found if I stay "sugar free" and lower carb on Up Days, Down Days are easier.

You've already lost over 2 pounds this week! Well done!

Afternoon L! I found if I stay "sugar free" and lower carb on Up Days, Down Days are easier. You've already lost over 2 pounds this week! Well done!
my official weigh in shows I lost 1.6lb. Not quite the 2lb I have put on since starting this WOE.

Okay, so today I have binged. When I am really tired I just eat and eat until I could burst and then some more. Today is one of those days. Despite my head telling me that I don't need to eat I just carry on regardless. I am too ashamed to even list what I have eaten. Roll on my fast day tomorrow. I am going to need it badly.

Last edited:
Okay, so today I have binged. When I am really tired I just eat and eat until I could burst and then some more. Today is one of those days. Despite my head telling me that I don't need to eat I just carry on regardless. I am too ashamed to even pistol what I have eaten. Roll on my fast day tomorrow. I am going to need it badly.

Ahhh dont beat yourself up over it I'm exactly the same and I'm pretty sure most of everyone here is too. We all have those days. Unfortunately women are dictated by hormones, emotions, tiredness, stress, habit, need I go on! This all has an effect on us. men turn to drink or sex to relieve themselves of their issues and women turn to food. Bla...darn these feminine hormones.

Evening!

One day will not undo all the previous good ones. Although, it's not recommended in the JUDDD book -- people will do double down days to compensate for very UP - UP days.

Back