Linda's JUDDD Diary...

I dont think I took that many...... have found them so will commence them tomorrow.... thank you.

Didn't quite eat all that food yesterday after all. I wasn't too hungry after having a late breakfast so didn't have lunch until 2.30pm. Only had the roll with ham, no crisps or yorkie. Had dinner and a piece of cheesecake and then drank water at the pub, but did eat a small twirl around 11.30 last night as we won them in the pub quiz. Took some tablets last night and after having "gone" this morning I weigh quite a bit less.

SoSo.... Saturday Official WI 188.4lb
Sunday - Didn't weigh
Monday - Post 2 UP days (193.6lb) +5lb
Tuesday - Post DD (didn't eat at all) 190.4lb (-3.2lb) +1.8lb
Wednesday - Post UD 191.4lb (+1lb) +2.8lb
Thursday - Post DD 190.4lb (-1lb) +1.8lb
Friday - Post UD 188.4 (-1.8lb) so WI same as last Saturday. Not convinced I will loose anything on this DD tho after being thoroughly emptied out this morning because of the tablets.... we shall see tomorrow. So far just water and a coffee at my Mums....

Must admit I am feeling a bit down lately..... could be because of TOTM, I lose count of the weeks sometimes!!

Greeneyes11 said:
Didn't quite eat all that food yesterday after all. I wasn't too hungry after having a late breakfast so didn't have lunch until 2.30pm. Only had the roll with ham, no crisps or yorkie. Had dinner and a piece of cheesecake and then drank water at the pub, but did eat a small twirl around 11.30 last night as we won them in the pub quiz. Took some tablets last night and after having "gone" this morning I weigh quite a bit less.

SoSo.... Saturday Official WI 188.4lb
Sunday - Didn't weigh
Monday - Post 2 UP days (193.6lb) +5lb
Tuesday - Post DD (didn't eat at all) 190.4lb (-3.2lb) +1.8lb
Wednesday - Post UD 191.4lb (+1lb) +2.8lb
Thursday - Post DD 190.4lb (-1lb) +1.8lb
Friday - Post UD 188.4 (-1.8lb) so WI same as last Saturday. Not convinced I will loose anything on this DD tho after being thoroughly emptied out this morning because of the tablets.... we shall see tomorrow. So far just water and a coffee at my Mums....

Must admit I am feeling a bit down lately..... could be because of TOTM, I lose count of the weeks sometimes!!

Ooh, glad the tablets worked! And congrats on a loss, whether its poop or fat its still nice to see te scales go down! Also really well done for ur food yesterday, wish i could be reatrained and say no to stuff or stop when im full. That is one of my big downfalls.
Sorry ur feeling a bit crap love. Sure totm has something to do with it (i really suffer) but dieting can also do that to u. Admittedly i feel the mist emotionally stable on juddd as opposed to any other diet ive done, but trying to lose weight and lead a happy normal life is difficult and a tough balancing act. You just have to say chin up, boobs out and tomorrow is another day!

When I did CD 3 years ago and lost 5 stone, my head was totally screwed by the end of it, I was depressed all the way through, I never had the ketosis happiness and ended up sitting on the sofa for nearly 5 months of my life...... dont really want to go there again and JUDDD isn't screwing with my head too much.....

Greeneyes11 said:
When I did CD 3 years ago and lost 5 stone, my head was totally screwed by the end of it, I was depressed all the way through, I never had the ketosis happiness and ended up sitting on the sofa for nearly 5 months of my life...... dont really want to go there again and JUDDD isn't screwing with my head too much.....

Yes i got that with CD, i think it takes a very special strong person not to let that diet mess with ur head. Im on anti-depressents anyway as ubfortunately its an illness that runs in every woman in mums side of family, and i did not needed the added strain of that diet. Never felt so up and down in my life! Also, i joke about this now but when i came off the diet i remember someone giving me a salad with tomatoes in it and i just freaked out! Was so ridiculous.
If i think about it logically, when i get down since eing on juddd it is because i have stuffed up majorly and done a 4000cal binge! I know its down to me but i still partly blame cd and other diets having deprived me of everything for so long!

Caroline_Louise said:
Yes i got that with CD, i think it takes a very special strong person not to let that diet mess with ur head. Im on anti-depressents anyway as ubfortunately its an illness that runs in every woman in mums side of family, and i did not needed the added strain of that diet. Never felt so up and down in my life! Also, i joke about this now but when i came off the diet i remember someone giving me a salad with tomatoes in it and i just freaked out! Was so ridiculous.
If i think about it logically, when i get down since eing on juddd it is because i have stuffed up majorly and done a 4000cal binge! I know its down to me but i still partly blame cd and other diets having deprived me of everything for so long!

I'm on Anti Ds too (we have so much in common CL!!) and have been for years (also along with most of the women in my family - starts after having children!) and CD made me feel awful for 5 months but I don't think I realised how bad until recently - since on JUDDDD I feel great... But my friends inform me that's how most people feel lol! :) xx

yoga84 said:
I'm on Anti Ds too (we have so much in common CL!!) and have been for years (also along with most of the women in my family - starts after having children!) and CD made me feel awful for 5 months but I don't think I realised how bad until recently - since on JUDDDD I feel great... But my friends inform me that's how most people feel lol! :) xx

I was going to 'like' this but then it seemed inappropriate given the subject! But so many women seem to be on ad's. I used to be really embarrassed about it but now its just a fact really and i realise theres no shame to it. We are who we are :) x

Caroline_Louise said:
I was going to 'like' this but then it seemed inappropriate given the subject! But so many women seem to be on ad's. I used to be really embarrassed about it but now its just a fact really and i realise theres no shame to it. We are who we are :) x

I totally agree... It's the strongest people not the weakest who get depressed because they carry on pushing themselves long after weaker people would have given up! That's why in the end we break... But we are stronger than ever for the experience :)

I had Post natal depression after baby number 7, didn't have it before that though, but my 18 year old daughter has had to have Anti Ds occasionally too....

yoga84 said:
I totally agree... It's the strongest people not the weakest who get depressed because they carry on pushing themselves long after weaker people would have given up! That's why in the end we break... But we are stronger than ever for the experience :)

I know SO many women who are or have been on them at some point, scary thinking of the crap you'd get prescriibed a few years ago

When I did CD 3 years ago and lost 5 stone, my head was totally screwed by the end of it, I was depressed all the way through, I never had the ketosis happiness and ended up sitting on the sofa for nearly 5 months of my life.

Yes i got that with CD, i think it takes a very special strong person not to let that diet mess with ur head. Im on anti-depressents anyway as ubfortunately its an illness that runs in every woman in mums side of family, and i did not needed the added strain of that diet. Never felt so up and down in my life! Also, i joke about this now but when i came off the diet i remember someone giving me a salad with tomatoes in it and i just freaked out!

CD made me feel awful for 5 months but I don't think I realised how bad until recently

Sounds like a pretty dangerous "diet plan" to me :(

P x

Paulinegin said:
Sounds like a pretty dangerous "diet plan" to me :(

P x

I think it's mentally very damaging... You just don't realise at the time :-( Not only the depression it appears to make worse... when you come to eat real food again it's so difficult not to have hang ups and make wrong choices because you just have no idea what to eat anymore :-(

But thankfully we discovered the Joy of JUDDDD (now there's the name of a best seller... Has a familiar ring to it lol!) ;-)

Have to admit I've had some mood swings since starting JUDDDD and did last time. I am prone to them tho and hoping they'll pass so not blaming the diet per se. I'm also spotty and my hair is greasier then usual. I am guessing it's a shift in my body chemistry which will eventually level out. Losing and gaining weight, the foods we eat affect us mentally as well as physically.

So I'm perservering and asking the hubby to bare with me. I've told him he'll benefit when I'm fit n slim hehe

halfangelhalftart said:
Have to admit I've had some mood swings since starting JUDDDD and did last time. I am prone to them tho and hoping they'll pass so not blaming the diet per se. I'm also spotty and my hair is greasier then usual. I am guessing it's a shift in my body chemistry which will eventually level out. Losing and gaining weight, the foods we eat affect us mentally as well as physically.

So I'm perservering and asking the hubby to bare with me. I've told him he'll benefit when I'm fit n slim hehe

I'm sure he still thinks you are as gorgeous as ever :) xx

He spent his day off hunting down the John Taylor (Duran Duran) autobiography for me so I think there's still some love there ??

Ooooh hope he found it for you....

So Saturday Official WI 187.6lb loss of 0.8lb
Sunday - 191.6lb (+ 4lb) - strange as I didn't eat much over 2000 calories and have drunk no alcohol.
Monday - 190.4lb (-1.2lb) +2.8lb (very strange but it is TOTM so body all over the place)

Have decided this week to change it around a bit, I am not even losing a pound a week, despite cutting back my UD calories to around 2000 this week. Will be doing DD Monday and Tuesday, UD Wednesday and DD Thursday and Friday with UD Saturday and Sunday. It works for me this way. If after 2 weeks of this the weight is still not moving, I am going to CD for the 5 days during the week and just have Saturday and Sunday as UDs.... so let the week commence and see how this works.

hey hun towards the end of my first stint on CD I did weekends off and still managed to loose just not as quick xxxx

Noooooo. just thinking of not eating again tomorrow is freaking me out... just goes to show how much of dieting is to do with the mind!!

This is very true lucky for me i have two clean weeks ahead and im skint so hopefully i can stay focused xxx

Back