Linda's JUDDD Diary...

Paulinegin said:
Keep phoning the doctor's Linda and get yourself sorted, love. Doctors' appointment systems are, at best, bizarre and, at worst, dangerous :(

P x

I Remember my papa (who goes to the quack once in a blue moon) saying over the phone 'surely you have something sooner, i could be dead by then !' He has a way with words ;-)
Xxx

Last edited:
Caroline_Louise said:
I Remember my papa (who goes to the quack once in a blue moon) saying over the phone 'surely you have something sooner, i could be dead by then !' He has a way with words ;-)
Xxx

Brilliant :-D I love your dad x

Well stuck to 2nd DD okay, just had shakes and a slim and save macaroni cheese, which I had cooked badly and the macaroni was still crunchie..... went to grandsons birthday party and ate nothing, resisted the chocolate cake too (mainly because thats what triggered my last very bad gallstone attack), and this worked out well because I was really wanting the orange polenta cake my son cooked at school, but because everyone ate birthday cake we didn't touch that and will have it after dinner tonight, so that was excellent timing.

Today I was surprised to have hardly lost any weight, especially after the 3lb on Monday.....

Saturday 183.2lb (post DD -0.8lb)
Sunday 184.8lb (post UD +1.6lb) +1.6lb
Monday 184.8lb (post UD +0) +1.6lb
Tuesday 181.8lb (post DD - 3lb) -1.4lb
Wednesday 181.4lb (post DD -0.4lb) -1.8lb

Am thinking that today is going to be an UP UP day, we have lamb casserole with pearl barley and dumplings for dinner and then the orange polenta cake for dessert, will just try and be careful the rest of the day..... definately carb overload. Poor body wont know whats hit it after the low carb from the last 2 days.... lol

Have a great day everyone.

Mmmmm caaaaake! Sounds like a fab day :)

Everything going well, had a really UP UP day yesterday, had a large bowl of porridge, made with oats and oat bran, then for lunch I had a fish finger sandwich and a raisin and biscuit Yorkie, then for dinner a bowl and a half of lamb stew with dumpling, had 1 and a half dumplings too followed by the Orange Polenta cake, plus around 4 or 5 coffees with full fat milk.... not even gonna try and count the calories, but to my amazement this morning I have only put on 0.2lb.... wow!!!!

So today I am sticking to my slim and save again, forgot to buy veg so will have the vegetable soup for dinner tonight, love that anyway, plus my usual latte shake as I can have it hot in two drinks and a vanilla caramel shake which is also yummy hot and in a mix a mousse.... then at the pub tonight I will have my usual 2 bottles of sparkling water....... As the scales are down from last Saturday already, I am assuming I will have a loss this Saturday as 2 DDD til then..... really excited this week for my WI. I also got comfortably into my size 16 jeans today, they are a small 16 and I dont have a muffin top anymore, so am going to mark 3 of my goals off of my list....

Thursday 181.6lb (post UD +0.2lb) -1.6lb

Hey Linda, fish finger sandwich!! You sure know how to live, me darlin' :D

Craving one now .... ;)

P x

I used to love fish finger sandwiches and havent had one for ages, so after the others had their dinner the night before, I saved 4 in the fridge for myself and threatened them with death if they touched them..... lol. Very yummy it was too....

Corr, thats one of my all time fave sarnies! With mayo, ketchup and some crunchy iceburg in a floury white bap *dribbles*

How u feeling anyway pet? I must say this week since starting my new eating plan i have felt so much better :) x

How u feeling anyway pet? I must say this week since starting my new eating plan i have felt so much better :) x

Not feeling too bad, pain has gone away, but slept blimmin awful last night, DH guessed that when I was so wide awake this morning.... lol. Never mind eventually I will be so exhausted I will crash!! ha ha.

Hoping to go to Thorpe Park again on Saturday, that should wear me out nicely....

Greeneyes11 said:
Not feeling too bad, pain has gone away, but slept blimmin awful last night, DH guessed that when I was so wide awake this morning.... lol. Never mind eventually I will be so exhausted I will crash!! ha ha.

Hoping to go to Thorpe Park again on Saturday, that should wear me out nicely....

Haha you love that place dontcha!?

Soz u had a crap night. It truly sucks when u dont sleep but touch wood i have had 2 really good sleeps (for me) this week so hopefully it is diet related and will improve :) Glad u have been feeling better though. Did u get a doc appt in the end?

Did u get a doc appt in the end?

Haven't got a Docs appointment yet, will ring back Monday and if the worst comes to the worst will ring Tuesday morning for an appointment with whoever is free.....

I love Thorpe Park coz it is the nearest place with super duper rollercoasters etc, if I lived nearer to Alton Towers I think that would be my favourite... and we have Merlin Passes so doesn't cost us anything to get in except our lunch, so around £40 for all 5 of us for the day (+ petrol I guess). Think we have had our moneys worth of the passes this year, espesh as we are going to Alton Towers for 3 days during half term, and maybe Warwick Castle the day before that.... lol

Your numbers are looking great Linda ;) Keep on at those docs hun sometimes the only way to get what you need is to be a pain in the you know what !

Pleased with the scales today, definately on track for a loss this week. Not feeling too good this morning, felt a bit rotten yesterday evening whilst out, and if it wasnt WI day tomorrow would probably have a bit to eat but wont because of WI.... but can eat tomorrow anyway, so all is good.

Friday 180.4lb (post DD - 1.2lb) -2.8lb

So pleased to be further into the 12s today.... and wore my new size 14 dress/top last night and it fit perfectly.....

Off to watch my grandsons Harvest Festival this morning... wish the weather would hurry up and brighten up, according to the weather forecast it should be sunny here by now but it is still windy and raining.

Good work LL, loving the positive 'tude! Well worth staying on track til ur wi tomoz, im sorry ur nkt feeling tiptop.

Bloody raining here too yet my iphone weather app is still stubbornly showing a piccy if the sun. Useless! I was so looking fed to a big 2/3hr hike/run over the hills nr me today. Balls! Oh well, maybe it'll brighten up.

Enjoy harvest festival and tell me if kids still sing," i have bought a can of beans (etc) to put on the harvest table." Used to love that shiz :-D x

So not what I expected today, how can I lose no weight on a DD, especially when I put some on on an UP day. Stuck to under 500 calories, no slim and save bars either, just chilli and cauliflower and broccoli, and a red berry mix a mousse, plus 2 rice cakes 20g light philli and 2 slices of thin ham and a hartleys 10 cal jelly, definately under 500 cals so what is this all about.

Friday 180.4lb (post DD - 1.2lb) -2.8lb
Saturday 180.4lb (post DD -0) -2.8lb

Good weight loss for the week tho, just disappointed, so having a mini 2 chunk caramel with my coffee.... ha ha.

Had a bit of bad news yesterday my
grand daughter broke her arm , exactly the same as my son did when he was 4, 5 years ago, (and had to go to their wedding in his posh suit with his arm in a cast) both bones in lower arm broken so it looks like a nice "v" shape.... she is off to theatre first thing this morning as no anaethestist would put a 14 month old to sleep last night. Praying they will fix it without having to open her arm up....

Hope everyone else lost more than me..... have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Lord sorry to hear about ur granddaughter L, scary horrid stuff. Will cross my fingers and toes over here.
U r doing excellently with ur weight so don't dwell on the disappointments, keep going-u can do it!!
Xx

Really sorry to hear about your Granddaughter, Linda.

Try not to be disappointed about not losing after a DD - I have had times when I have gained after a DD and lost after an UD! Keep your eye on the long term trend. You're doing well - how's your gallbladder pain been?

Back