Linda's JUDDD Diary...

What a nightmare time for you darl!! glad you got some meds to see you through til the op, hope they can get you in andget you sorted asap!! Hope you can have a fab time in Alton Tower hun and like everyone says don't focus on the weight at the moment, just eat as well as you can (its low fat for gallstones isn't it ? I think?)

big ((hugs)) hunny

xx

Morning, been a bit slack on here but that is because I haven't been dieting as such. Have found out that fasting is not good for gallstones either, so probably why I have felt so awful and had more bad attacks lately. Off to Alton Towers and Warwick Castle for 4 days next week so will be eating unhealthy, so will have to decide what to do when I get back as I dont want to pile all the weight I have lost back on, so am trying to be careful. Weighed on Wednesday morning after I came out of hospital and I weighed in at 13 stone 4lb, this morning I am 13 stone 2.4lb, so a slight loss but not been particularly good on the diet front, but haven't pigged out either. I am trying to just eat 3 meals a day and have lower calorie meals in the evening.... all I can do for now I guess....

Thanks for the well wishes, and yes Lelly, it is low fat for gallstones, although for me that really doesn't seem to make any difference as it seems to be the days I eat the less fat that it flares up more..... not an excuse to pig out tho.... take care every one xx

Morning, been a bit slack on here but that is because I haven't been dieting as such. Have found out that fasting is not good for gallstones either, so probably why I have felt so awful and had more bad attacks lately. Off to Alton Towers and Warwick Castle for 4 days next week so will be eating unhealthy, so will have to decide what to do when I get back as I dont want to pile all the weight I have lost back on, so am trying to be careful. Weighed on Wednesday morning after I came out of hospital and I weighed in at 13 stone 4lb, this morning I am 13 stone 2.4lb, so a slight loss but not been particularly good on the diet front, but haven't pigged out either. I am trying to just eat 3 meals a day and have lower calorie meals in the evening.... all I can do for now I guess....
Thanks for the well wishes, and yes Lelly, it is low fat for gallstones, although for me that really doesn't seem to make any difference as it seems to be the days I eat the less fat that it flares up more..... not an excuse to pig out tho.... take care every one xx

Hi Linda, I really hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your time at Alton Towers and Warwick Castle next week. Hope to hear from you soon. x

Not much to report. Weight is going down slowly but not dieting at moment. Just trying to eat carefully but I am sure our 4 days away will result in a gain. Have endoscopy booked for 3 December.

In a plus side I went to an Alice Cooper concert yesterday. Couldn't eat or drink with my make up on so that helped. Here is a piccie.

image-1144756695.jpg

Me and DH at concert. Never had my photo taken so much in my life.

Wow you both look amazing!! fantastic make-up, hope you had a fab time xx

Fantastic pic! If you did your own makeup, that's fabulous..

Hi Linda hope you are feeling a bit better hun x

Haven't been JUDDING for about 6 weeks now as it aggravates my gallstones. Doctor says it will as you release bile when you are hungry. But I have maintained despite being in hospital for 3 weeks again last week. I have an endoscopy on Monday if this cold that I picked up in hospital goes and my pre-op assessment next Friday. Hopefully the op won't be long after that. Wonder how much my gallstones weigh? Lol

Oops meant 3 days not 3 weeks.

Haven't been JUDDING for about 6 weeks now as it aggravates my gallstones. Doctor says it will as you release bile when you are hungry. But I have maintained despite being in hospital for 3 weeks again last week. I have an endoscopy on Monday if this cold that I picked up in hospital goes and my pre-op assessment next Friday. Hopefully the op won't be long after that. Wonder how much my gallstones weigh? Lol

Glad to have a wee update! Was wondering how you were getting on, I have fingers crossed for your op and a speedy recovery when it happens! Hugs x

I've been wondering how much a gallbladder weighs too. Having mine out on Tuesday. Getting nervous now! Hope you get yours out soon, living with the pain is awful :(

I've been wondering how much a gallbladder weighs too. Having mine out on Tuesday. Getting nervous now! Hope you get yours out soon, living with the pain is awful :(

Sorry if its a really obvious question...after you've had your gallbladder taken out, does your diet have to change drastically? I thought the gallbladder made bile, for digestion of fats?

hope the op goes well for both!

maccalenny said:
Sorry if its a really obvious question...after you've had your gallbladder taken out, does your diet have to change drastically? I thought the gallbladder made bile, for digestion of fats?

hope the op goes well for both!

I think some people struggle if they eat fatty stuff after (diarrhoea, lovely) so best to avoid...probably no bad thing!
I think it concentrates the bile to help with digestion of fat, rather than actually makes it, I think it's the liver that produces bile.
Not looking forward to it at all, only ever been in hosp to have a baby (oh and to be born myself :D ) but looking forward to not having the worry of the pain occuring as much as the pain itself :)

So after a pretty traumatic end to last year and beginning of this year I am determined to lose the rest of the weight. Still got around 2 stone to go and after doing a month of slim and save, I am back on JUDDD to lose some more. Am a serial weighed and I love seeing how much my weight fluctuates from day to day so will be posting it

Found you!

Morning Linda!

UP or DOWN?

Back