Lindsey's I quit sugar diary

Re: Lindsey's back!!! cc'ing and quitting sugar diary

Sounds like you're well into the swing of things again :)

Bread was a success... but it was just white strong flour, can't get wholemeal ones to work... so OH is having refined flour, but no sugar, not sure if it's actually any better for him, but he loved the bread so yay me!!!

Arranged a meeting at local lady only gym, where you go and complete a 40 min circuit on the machines. Prices start at £26.99 per month... is this good? I'm rubbish at knowing these things. I decided to do it because the baby jogging keeps leading to injury, plus weather probably going to go rubbish soon. So figure if I get slimmer over the autumn and winter, then should be able to go back to couch to 5k in the spring... fingers crossed!!!

Today I have eateded:
Breakfast: two back bacon and mushroom microwaved with butter.
Lunch: ham salad and mayonnaise.
Dinner: pork loin, veg and cheese sauce (double cream and cheese)
Snack: Peperami.

How's every one else doing today? Xxx

I think that sounds decent, lots charge around 35 a month and some even more. 27 sounds reasonable. I joined a PureGym and they're a very cheap 18 a month but I've never seen any other chains or independents as cheap as that before or since.

Thanks Caroline, been so long since I had a gym membership I couldn't remember and so few put prices on their website!!!

Had mackerel for breakfast, which was yummy, but now can't decide if I have a fish bone stuck in my throat or if one has scratched me and if that's what I'm feeling... Damn it!!!

How's everyone elses day so far? xxx

Why do gyms lie?!?! They lie right to your face!!! Gym is awesome, but it's £32.99 p/m if you sign up for 12 months, £37.99 p/m for a 6 month contract or £40.99 for one month at a time... the £26.99 p/m is for students... LIES LIES LIES!!! Is it just me or is this big money?!?!

Due to being cheeky they are letting me have a month trial for £26.99... if I like it I will be cheeky again and see if they will let me have a cheaper rate if I pay them up front... they might let me if they want my money badly enough!!!

If not I'll go back to the council gym... but only if people promise not to talk to me once my face becomes familiar!!! I hate people talking to me when I'm all fat and sweaty!!!

Munchies today:
Breakfast: mackerel, spinach and mushrooms.
Lunch: 3 bacon rashers with salad and mayonnaise.
Dinner: experimental salmon with an oriental flavour, mixed veg and mayonnaise.

How has everyone else's day been? Xxx

They absolutely do lie. I hate all those secret extras they pile on or things they don't tell you. Makes me so mad.
You did right trying to get the price down, it never hurts to be cheeky. Those prices are pretty steep though.

Food sounds Yum. How's the throat?

Hate when they do that! I think they need to make things clearer. Those prices are ridiculous and it's what's stopping me joining one here, should be 37 a month but I'd get corporate discount to bring it to 32. Either way, it's expensive. Too expensive. Check out PureGym, see if there's one near you, 18 a month for hassle free, 24 hour access.

I looked at all the budget gyms recommended on moneysavingexpert and none of them are near. I know I'll never make 12 months, my ADHD tendencies will kick in way before then and I'll be stuck paying for something I won't use... I don't like wasting money!!!

Throat is still sore, but hope it's just scratched, we'll see tomorrow. X

Hello out there!!! Didnt update yesterday, busy busy busy getting ready for this weekend. The year of 30th birthdays starts today... party in a cowshed on a farm and camping for accommodation... I hope I'm thin enough to still fit in my sleeping bag!!! Hope you all have lovely fun weekends xxx

It has been a busy few days, party and camping was great fun. Didn't drink or smoke and stuck to diet, wahoo!!!

Got a pre-sentence report due next week... really need to get cracking on it, hoping to break most of it tomorrow!

Out for dinner with work people tonight, but happy to have meat and either veg or salad.

I've stolen my mum's food processor, which has been awesome!!! Homemade coleslaw and chocolate/coconut/peanut fudge... mmmmmmmmmm!!! Gonna have a bash at a low carb cheesecake soon.

How's everyone else?

Ooh those foodwares sound tasty! Were they?

Everything hurts and I have no upper body strength!!!

Gym induction is done, I do love this gym, even if it is expensive. So much nicer than the council gym that I used to go to, I think the female only thing really helps too!!! So I have a programme of strength training, hoping if I build my muscles over the autumn and winter then I can get back to running in the spring... and hopefully stop injuring myself!!!

Fudge stuff def helps with chocolate cravings... but I won't lie it is not the same as a Cadbury starbar!!!!!!!!!

How's everyone else? xxx

Everything hurts!!!! Stupid gym induction!!!!

Hoping to do my first session tomorrow morning... as long as I'm not needed at court... so fingers crossed that the youth of oxfordshire are behaving themselves tonight!!!

Today's food:
Breakfast: mackerel and Philadelphia.
Lunch: bacon with scrambled egg and mushrooms and onion.
Dinner: sugar free prawn Thai green curry... mmmmmmmmmmm

How's everyone else? Xxx

Legs still hurt, quick, someone say something encouraging to get my bum to the gym!!!

Well, I didn't go to the gym... my muscles were still really sore from induction and some how I managed to Google up some research that supported me being lazy... so first gym session will now be tomorrow after work... don't let me forget to take gym stuff to work!!!

Yesterday drove down to mum's near Brighton. I'd managed to get a bargain on a sofa bed that matches current suite, couldn't let that opportunity pass me by!!! Moving into a bigger house is going to be so good, but I'm dreading trying to fill it with furniture... I'm gonna be sooooooooooo broke!!!

Stayed at mum's so last night went to pub to watch my bro' s band play, they are so good!!! I drove, so not had alcohol for a while now, thinking I'm going to wait until my birthday before I drink again, give the weight loss a good chance.

About to dig into a low carb roast... yummy yummy yum yum!!! Xxx

You really are back!!!!!! Fantastic, you always put a smile on my face :)

How often are you planning on going to the gym?

You really are back!!!!!! Fantastic, you always put a smile on my face :)

Aww thanks Shazzabir... I really am back, but man is it quiet on here now... How's things with you? Have you got a diary? I need to catch up, lol!!! xxx

How often are you planning on going to the gym?

Hi Caz, I've been googling strength training and think I'm gonna treat the gym the same as couch to 5k... So planning to do at least three times a week, making sure I have a rest day in between sessions so my muscles can heal.

So I did go on Monday and as long as I don't get stuck in traffic on my way back from prison visit today, I'll be there this evening.

How's your gyming going now you're back at school? xxx

Back