Linkypie's journey...a new start?

Well having read everyone elses's diaries, I thought I'd better start one of my own....

I started LL in Feb 2005 and for various reasons that I now know were excuses I stopped and transferred to CD in April 2005 having lost nearly 3 stone....I have messed about with CD and SW and WW and Paul Mck and any other diet you can think of, and now am heavier then I was in February 2005 and feeling 10000000000000% worse about myself.

Haven't weighed myself but believe I am about 18 stone.....:(

Trying to sort out a new CDC and am going to see Paul McK in September as I still think what he has to say and do will help me on my quest.

I have to do this, mainly for me, but also for my family, I want to be an active mother and an active wife....I also want to be happy when I look in the mirror.....

Sorry for rambling...I look forward to catching up with you all soon....

Linkypie
xx

Hi Linkypie

sorry to hear you sounding so down on yourself. I know how you feel, 4 years ago I dropped from 18 stone to 14, the compliments flowed and the complacency set in. 4 years later I realised 2 stone had crept back and there was plenty more keen to return as well! So, I started, 5 weeks ago, a cal controlled diet. I decided this time would be the last time but if that was going to be true I would have to do things differently. So first of all I joined Fat Happens website (which is rubbish compared with this) which led me to Russiandoll, who led me to Minimins. Then I joined a Gym and started swimming every day. Finally I have learnt to be less weight/scales obsessed. 5 weeks on, 12lbs have gone and although that is not the huge loss you might see on a VLCD it is sustainable, which is what I need. I am as focussed today as I was 5 weeks ago and I feel able to enjoy food without overeating. I have been out for meals, had barbeques and visited friends but I am under control and that is the difference. If I fancy a biscuit I have it, I count it in, write it down and move on. It does not turn into half a packet because it no longer feels forbidden and naughty. It's just a flaming biscuit - no biggie!
Sorry, I am going on a bit but I would love you to see that all you have to do is decide to do it and then do it - it's all up to you, if want a different life then change and you will get a different life. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Morning Linkypie,nice to see u posting on the site girl.
Hows things been for u been a long time since we last chatted,have u sorted out your msn so we can have a chat.Well done for taking the first step again,u can do this hun and there is so much support on this site its amazing,looking forward to chatting 2 u, take care,love Roch xxx

Am going to reinstall it tomorrow so we will be able to chat again then...

Hi Linkypie, its great to see you around! Your mind seems to be in the right place and I'm sure you'll be able to crack it! :)

Hey mate

You know it doesn't matter what plan you're doing, we're behind you all the way. You can do this - you have the commitment, and the ability, and you have all of our support ;)

Well,

Have had lots of crap happening and done lots of thinking and the result...

There isn't a CDC that is easily accessible to me at the mo...but thank you to the two of you that have tried to help me....and I think that if it was difficult/a chore to go to my CDC it would just be another excuse not to do it!

So I am going to join the gym, and eat healthily and see what Mr Mckenna can do for (If D_Q ever lets him go of course:p )

Linkypie
xx

You will have a fight on your hands if you think D_Q will let go of her hold on PMcK:eek:

Good luck with whatever weightloss programme you choose.

Well,

Have had lots of crap happening and done lots of thinking and the result...

There isn't a CDC that is easily accessible to me at the mo...but thank you to the two of you that have tried to help me....and I think that if it was difficult/a chore to go to my CDC it would just be another excuse not to do it!

So I am going to join the gym, and eat healthily and see what Mr Mckenna can do for (If D_Q ever lets him go of course:p )

Linkypie
xx

Hi Linkypie,

You know you are not alone on this weight loss journey and the secret is to find something that suits you and that you are happy with, that is the main thing.

It is a journey of self-discovery and we all have had slips and hit walls and put life on hold, the fact that you are here now shows you have the courage and determination to succeed.

WE all need support and a place where we can let off steam and not feel we have to be perfect or that we are being judged.

On my journey I can see I am my own worst critic and 'she' is the tough nut I have to crack.:rolleyes:

Hi Linypink!!!!

Hope you find what works best for you. Good luck with the Paul McK thing, I think you might have a struggle with DQ (I'd advise shin pads and shoulder pads like an American footballer if you want to get to him past DQ!!!) - says she'll share him, but I suspect it will be a bit like the Terrys Orange adverts with Dawn French when she can't quite use the share word. LOL!!!

Good luck

Evening all,

Well things are on the up! DH has just found out he's got the promotion he's going for.....and I've found a CDC that is convenient for me and am hoping that my doc will sign the form off so I can start in the middle of September (Have got nights coming up and can't get a GP appointment till then).

So fingers crossed I can start CD again and finally crack this weight thing!

Hope you are all doing well....look forward to catching up

Linkypie
xx

Me too...even if i am working the night before.....:(

gonna try and catch some zzz's whilst at work.....bit naughty but I won;t tell if you don' t!:p

Hi girl how u doing,well done for making the commitment ti get back on to vlcd and for finding a cdc near u thats half the battle.Tried to catch u on msn the other day but when i responded to your message it said u had logged off,will try and catch u tomorrow on msn so we can have a chat,take care xxx

Will only be on in the morning babe, as am at work tomorrow afternoon, if not tomorrow will catch up on monday!

Back