Lipotrim 2009! Lots of New Members - Shall we do an Intro Thead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I joined LT today, I hope I can stick to it, I have the will power of a nat, which is why I thought this would be perfect as it is what it is so I have no alternatives.

11 sachets of chocolate, 10 of chicken soup - yummy

Off to read the things you can add to make it taste better forum.

If anyone's from the area I'd be interested in meeting for black coffee.

Lyns x

Hiya - just back from (liquid:p) lunch.

Stef, have accepted your friend thingumy - hope i've done it right! As for exercise, not really. Been brisk-walking to and from work 4 times a day this week but other than that, nothing that you'd notice.

Hopefully in a few weeks i'll have the courage and the warmer weather to dig out my swimsuit and go for a swim a few nights a week.

Oh, and Lucy - 11lbs so far? Wow:D!

Zx
yeah, that's what the scales are saying but I bet they're out by a few pounds!

Being realistic, I'd be overjoyed with losing 7 this week, cos it took me a month at weightwatchers to see that kind of loss, but every day I do this diet I feel more confident that I'm gonna see it through

not started exercise yet, they advise not to for a few weeks til your body gets used to running on the diet, I also have blood sugar 'issues' so I'll have to take it easy at first, been on the low side all week as it is

Hi All! I am just into my third week on LT, and had been going quite well on it. However, I was just in with the doctor for an unrelated visit and mentioned about LT.....and she was very negative! She said I would definitely put back on all the weight and more again. Now I am all demoralised :(
Do you guys know people who did the diet and managed to keep the weight off after?!
Need a pick me up!
Hiya beebee!

if you're sensible, there's no reason why you should put the weight back on, the reason I decided on this diet was because my best friend lost 6 stone on it and has so far kept it off for 10 years. Believe me, she doesn't just eat rabbit food now either, she can put away a full chinese meal in under 60 seconds (and I'm talking soup, ribs, seaweed, chow mein, prawn crackers and dim sum) she'll just eat sensibly the next day to make up for it and exercise normally.

I feel that some doctors have that attitude cos they don't believe we deserve to have an easy run when trying to lose weight, like we should be punished for being overweight by only eating lettuce and only losing a pound a week. Just ignore them and hope they too develop a weight problem and have to live with the day to day stigma we get. If they already have a weight problem, they're probably jealous that you've got the strength to do something about it.

As for whether you've got the willpower, when you're hungry, drink water, everyone says it but that's cos it's true, it does work! When you're considering ordering a pizza, get on the net and look at the clothes shops and imagine the clothes you're gonna buy. I've gone so far as to stick a photo of my face onto various outfits to see how i'll look when I'm thin, it's great motivation!

xx

Hey guys!! :)

I'm new here so thought i'd come on in and introduce meself!

Im 21 years old, female from Plymouth,UK, a uni student in my final year and it's time for a well needed life change!! Started lipotrim yesterday (27th jan) and im just done with day two, and i feel fanbloodytastic!! This is definatly something i am going to stick with - i cant wait for my 1st weigh in, but i am avoiding my home scales like they are death!! lol

I've got 105lbs to lose, and i am hoping this can be done by the end of june 2009 :) I say bring it on!!!!

I've read some posts, and you guys all seem great and friendly! So hopefully i'll be welcomed with open arms! hehe

Speak to you all soon :)

hey summer girl, linsiloo n beebee welcome to lipotrim and the forum! its all exciting on the first week isnt it?? wher all in the same boat at the moment on are first weeks. whens ur first weigh ins? mines friday ( day early as chemist shuts on satday) cnt wait!! hope ur all doin ok and like lucy said, if ur hungry, drink water!!! x x

My first weigh in is monday .... im feeling quite excited! lol Im just hoping i lose something!!!!!!! :)

Good luck for you weigh in on friday, be sure to post in here let us all know how you got on :D xxx

Hey summergurl!!

Welcome and best of luck!!

My first weigh in is on tuesday, i started the same day as you!!
Keep posting here :D it helps your through alot of things!!

1st week done

Hi all, new to this forum and finding it a great motivation reading everyones success stories.

Ive just had my wk1 WI and have lost 10lbs!

Im so happy with that and every day is getting easier.

So here are my stats:

Wk1:-10lbs:D

Just a note to Beebee:
I did WW 2 years ago and lost 3stone but put it all back on again and more due to going back to my old eating habits. I did LT 1 year ago and lost 2.5stone but put very little back on as i changed my bad eating habits and tried to eat low fat and exercise afterwards. Its not LT that makes you put the weight back on its going back to your old ways. Use this time to think about the healthy changes you want to make to your diet and see it as a lifestyle change for the long term. Dont listen to negative people - you know you can do it!!

Well done sweetcake thats great!!! And i hear restarting is harder so even better for doing well!!

Welcome to the forum :D

Thanks for the welcome chellywellyboot!

Its definately been much harder to get up and running 2nd time around.
Ive had a couple of false starts but kept going this time cos i know it works.
Im gonna try and stick with it for the next 8weeks at least.

Yep definatly! If you feel yousrself faulter just get on here, there seems to always be some one online, so get on here and distract yourself from food :D

welcome sweet cakes :D good luck xx

I'm glad we all have the same struggles

I'm glad that 'Tryingmybest' mentioned the difficulty of cooking, as I am experiencing that too.... I'm on day five of slimming, and I'm still cooking for my boyfriend each evening. Yesterday we went shopping and he had a KFC, which was a little insensitive:(
While I don't feel hungry, I'm finding it hard not to taste food to check its cooked. I keep attempting to taste food, before my my brain clicks into gear.

My food dreams continue! Last night I was eating a tin of roses and refusing to share them, I was mortified I'd broken my diet and woke up all upset til I realised it was a dream, really hope I stop doing this soon it's freaking me out!!

I've had food dreams - I end up waking with my heart racing and I feel really disapointed that I cheated on my diet, until I realise that I haven't eaten anything....

I'm struggling to drink 2 litres a day. Does this mean I will lose less weight? My first weigh-in is Saturday. I stood on my own scales today (day 5) and I have only lost half a pound. Could this be right??? surely I should lose more as my calorie intake is so much lower it used to be:jelous:

Ketosis can take up to 4 days to set in!
Dont cheat and weigh yourself!
And definatley try to drink more than 2 litres a day!!

I'm glad that 'Tryingmybest' mentioned the difficulty of cooking, as I am experiencing that too.... I'm on day five of slimming, and I'm still cooking for my boyfriend each evening. Yesterday we went shopping and he had a KFC, which was a little insensitive:(
While I don't feel hungry, I'm finding it hard not to taste food to check its cooked. I keep attempting to taste food, before my my brain clicks into gear.

Simple solution smallsteps ... don't cook for him! if he is insensitive to buy kfc when you are around then bite back and tell him cuz you are not eating you have no reason to enter the kitchen (enless its for water) so if he wants food, cook it himself!!

My boyfriend completly understands, im quite lucky really cuz he is behind me 100%. Tell your chap he needs to think of you a bit more when he is around you when it comes to food.

But hey, be strong!! Don't give in!!!!

It will be worth it in the end!! :happy036:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back