Lipotrim- A Mans Journey 2015

Thanks Mark getting on great- again it's the mental challenge rather than the physical! I'm so happy with the results and like you looking at another 6 weeks. I haven't said anything in work only my hubby and mummy have been told and if towards the end people do ask I'll tell but I faced so much negativity about the diet from people who were jealous last time that I really can't be bothered with that this time round!

Like you I wouldn't lose so quick normally and to be halfway to goal in such short timeframes is great and seeing how well others are doing is motivating!

Hi Joanie,

I have told no one in work either and only my wife and in laws know im on it. Havent told my family as i know they will be hegative about the "shake diet " and say it will all go back on when you eat again. It wont if habits are changed, my inspiration is pharmacy i go to the owner did lipo 3 years ago and lost 6 stone and he has managed to keep it off.

Yes I wouldn't lose so quick normally and its great to be halfway to goal in such short timeframes. I looked at few diarys before startng and there are some great success stories out there to inspire us :)

You seem to be going well and wouldnt have much more to lose. Well done.

Thanks Mark- just under a stone and a half and you are right you can keep it off. I did it before and kept it off for about 5 years then got pregnant and have struggled heath-wise since. I'm back on as I know it works and it will stay off as the time you use to re-evaluate your habits and cleanse your palate makes the difference as opposed to other programs. The speed helps keep motivation up, I want to get back in my avatar pic dress and know that I'm only a stone or so away as opposed to only 2 and a half weeks ago when I was over 3 stone away!

Thanks Mark- just under a stone and a half and you are right you can keep it off. I did it before and kept it off for about 5 years then got pregnant and have struggled heath-wise since. I'm back on as I know it works and it will stay off as the time you use to re-evaluate your habits and cleanse your palate makes the difference as opposed to other programs. The speed helps keep motivation up, I want to get back in my avatar pic dress and know that I'm only a stone or so away as opposed to only 2 and a half weeks ago when I was over 3 stone away!

Wow Joanie you are doing great you have a stone and half gone already in two weeks you are doing great :) Just wondering did you do the maintenance shakes after or how did you manage keeping weight off? Im planning them for couple of weeks after reefeed then switch to SW after to keep the weight down.

Mark- I did an elongated re-feed. I did each day for 4 days so stretched it for 4 weeks and used Tesco Ultraslim shakes to make up the shakes as I hated the maintenance options. I only factored in exercise from the week before re-feed and monitored closely. If I crept up after a bit of partying I would maybe do 2 shakes a day for a few days and a low carb meal. I also used a food diary and scales to be fully honest with my intake and watched for my food weaknesses- I learnt I can't have carbs with breakfast or lunch or I wig out on them all day, I learnt to find out my problems.

I also threw out all larger clothes so that I couldn't slip back into them- I refused to buy bigger and if I wanted to look good I had to nip any gains in the bud. However it all goes back to the re-feed, the longer you take slowly introducing foods one at a time the better. To be honest maintaining is as hard as losing as people don't understand why you are strict but everyday you have to be in control. If I didn't weigh in twice a week I'd slip then be afraid to weigh in and the spiral would begin, but it was all about learning how to keep it off...

Sorry for rambling but I think it's important to research nutrition and other diets prior to re-feed, I lean towards GI as I get the concept and the balance of filling food.

Hi Katie,

I know plan is to try stay on it now til mid April so only six more weigh ins to go :) Have my ups and downs on this and think of packing it in but i think its the weigh in results that keep me going. I would of took ages to lose this amount on a different diet.

Thats a first - me an inspiration :) How are you getting on? You have had great losses so far.

aww so glad you are sticking to it, you've worked so hard to this point to give up. I think ups and downs are there with any diet but what I like about LT is when it's a down you can't just think 'oh I'll just have a glass of wine or this bar of chocolate and add it to my syns then eat better tomorrow etc as you know one bit of food undos all the hard work and knocks us out of ketosis. It's strict but for me the strict approach works.

I got weighed today and lost 6lbs so ive 2st 3lbs gone in 4 weeks.

aww so glad you are sticking to it, you've worked so hard to this point to give up. I think ups and downs are there with any diet but what I like about LT is when it's a down you can't just think 'oh I'll just have a glass of wine or this bar of chocolate and add it to my syns then eat better tomorrow etc as you know one bit of food undos all the hard work and knocks us out of ketosis. It's strict but for me the strict approach works.

I got weighed today and lost 6lbs so ive 2st 3lbs gone in 4 weeks.

Hi Katie,

Great result 6lbs in a week, thats a big loss you have had so far well done. Yes i like the strictness of it - im an all or nothing type guy :) Are you doing any excercise while on this?

Mark- I did an elongated re-feed. I did each day for 4 days so stretched it for 4 weeks and used Tesco Ultraslim shakes to make up the shakes as I hated the maintenance options. I only factored in exercise from the week before re-feed and monitored closely. If I crept up after a bit of partying I would maybe do 2 shakes a day for a few days and a low carb meal. I also used a food diary and scales to be fully honest with my intake and watched for my food weaknesses- I learnt I can't have carbs with breakfast or lunch or I wig out on them all day, I learnt to find out my problems.

I also threw out all larger clothes so that I couldn't slip back into them- I refused to buy bigger and if I wanted to look good I had to nip any gains in the bud. However it all goes back to the re-feed, the longer you take slowly introducing foods one at a time the better. To be honest maintaining is as hard as losing as people don't understand why you are strict but everyday you have to be in control. If I didn't weigh in twice a week I'd slip then be afraid to weigh in and the spiral would begin, but it was all about learning how to keep it off...

Sorry for rambling but I think it's important to research nutrition and other diets prior to re-feed, I lean towards GI as I get the concept and the balance of filling food.

Hi Joanie,

Thanks for info, dont think it was a ramble all made sense to me :) Good idea about getting rid of the larger clothes i have a lot of fat man shirts that will need to go :) Yah this diet has really made me think about my eating habits and i think ill keep a food diary like you suggest along with weigh in to keep it under control when im done. Nervous about coming off this as i like the strictness of it but will be nice to chew again and get rid of the Keto breath :)

I think it is nerve-racking totally as we have to take full control, that's why I elongated the re-feed to allow me to slowly take control and build confidence in my choices.

Fat clothes are such a security blanket - it's like that red string diet that was the craze for a while, you don't weigh your self but if it gets tight you know you need to do something...

I think planning is what will make the transition easier and I suppose developing our own strict regime until we feel we can relax.

I think it is nerve-racking totally as we have to take full control, that's why I elongated the re-feed to allow me to slowly take control and build confidence in my choices.

Fat clothes are such a security blanket - it's like that red string diet that was the craze for a while, you don't weigh your self but if it gets tight you know you need to do something...

I think planning is what will make the transition easier and I suppose developing our own strict regime until we feel we can relax.

Yah slow and steady is way to go :) i think if we have the disipline to do this we should be able to have the disipline to maintain and take action if it starts to creep up again. I never want to let it get so bad again. Im determined to do this right :) When you planning on finishing up?

Mark it's my wee ones birthday Easter week and have a reunion on the Friday so will do a 5 days re-feed that week then back on. My targets have me back on until 25/4 but it all depends on the progress then and if I feel I can go on...

Sorry if you've already said on this thread but what's your timeframe?

Mark it's my wee ones birthday Easter week and have a reunion on the Friday so will do a 5 days re-feed that week then back on. My targets have me back on until 25/4 but it all depends on the progress then and if I feel I can go on...

Sorry if you've already said on this thread but what's your timeframe?

Hi Joanie,

I'm aiming to do refeed from 11th April onwards by that stage i will of done 12 weeks straight of TFR. If i can average weight loss of 5lb a week i will be down to BMI of 25 at that stage.

I have my little girls birthday 21st March so will be avoiding the temptation that day and freezing slice of cake for when im done :)

I know the pscological thing is big part of this diet so just want to keep going as long as i can and get as close to goal as possible.

Lots of temptation for you Easter week so with the party and reunion but sure have few vodkas and ya will be grand :)

Hi Joanie,

I'm aiming to do refeed from 11th April onwards by that stage i will of done 12 weeks straight of TFR. If i can average weight loss of 5lb a week i will be down to BMI of 25 at that stage.

I have my little girls birthday 21st March so will be avoiding the temptation that day and freezing slice of cake for when im done :)

I know the pscological thing is big part of this diet so just want to keep going as long as i can and get as close to goal as possible.

Lots of temptation for you Easter week so with the party and reunion but sure have few vodkas and ya will be grand :)

Yeah a couple of vodkas will be had on the Friday- and I'll have some food at her party but otherwise it'll be strict re-feed. I never thought of freezing the cake, I might see how that works out. Fair play resisting on the 27th, I'd find that very tough!

I think a few of us will be re-feeding in and around similar times so it'll be good to keep track of each other and keep us all on the skinny and narrow!! Plus with a well thought out re-feed we may still lose some weight, I know I did last time.

Hi Katie,

Great result 6lbs in a week, thats a big loss you have had so far well done. Yes i like the strictness of it - im an all or nothing type guy :) Are you doing any excercise while on this?

im an all or nothing type girl so I no what you mean lol. Yes I just started with it last week, doing swimming and an exercise dvd .. Also purchased a spin bike eeekk. Feel so much better though. Do you exercise?

Good of luck with weigh in tomorrow :)

Yeah a couple of vodkas will be had on the Friday- and I'll have some food at her party but otherwise it'll be strict re-feed. I never thought of freezing the cake, I might see how that works out. Fair play resisting on the 27th, I'd find that very tough!

I think a few of us will be re-feeding in and around similar times so it'll be good to keep track of each other and keep us all on the skinny and narrow!! Plus with a well thought out re-feed we may still lose some weight, I know I did last time.

oh definately freeze it so you dont miss out, i still have my little girls christening cake its nearly 2 years old, chocolate biscuit cake mmmmmmmmmm :) Im a sucker for punishment so will resist temptation on 21st and enjoy the smells of food :) Yah will be good to get back to eating and keep track of the healthy eating together.

im an all or nothing type girl so I no what you mean lol. Yes I just started with it last week, doing swimming and an exercise dvd .. Also purchased a spin bike eeekk. Feel so much better though. Do you exercise?

Good of luck with weigh in tomorrow :)

Yes doing small bit of exercise alright, started back swimming twice a week and am also doing couch to 5k plan big difference in my running with weight dropped so far its much easier. I have my weigh changed to Fridays now as i get caught late in work for meetings. :(

Plan is if i can keep my running up im going to buy myself a treadmill for at home in the summer time. Have one in mind that is on special offer but need to get the weight down and stick to training plan before i can reward myself with that.

Fair play to you with the spin bike :)

How did you get on today Mark?

Yes doing small bit of exercise alright, started back swimming twice a week and am also doing couch to 5k plan big difference in my running with weight dropped so far its much easier. I have my weigh changed to Fridays now as i get caught late in work for meetings. :(

Plan is if i can keep my running up im going to buy myself a treadmill for at home in the summer time. Have one in mind that is on special offer but need to get the weight down and stick to training plan before i can reward myself with that.

Fair play to you with the spin bike :)

swimming is great isn't it :) I wouldn't be able to run at all at the moment, too heavy but go you on the couch to 5k, I bet it's hard. You should reward yourself with the treadmill anyway, the amount of money you'll have saved on junk food and alcohol will have paid for it. Thats why I bought the spin bike as I'd saved a fair bit on junk food and alcohol

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow :)

swimming is great isn't it :) I wouldn't be able to run at all at the moment, too heavy but go you on the couch to 5k, I bet it's hard. You should reward yourself with the treadmill anyway, the amount of money you'll have saved on junk food and alcohol will have paid for it. Thats why I bought the spin bike as I'd saved a fair bit on junk food and alcohol

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow :)

Yah couch to 5k is not too bad bad it builds you up slowly each week. Im on week 4 now which is 3 mins run, 1.5 mins walk and 5 mins run repeated twice. Managed 3.5k last night in 30 mins so im getting there. At start i could hardly run for a minute :)

Treadmill is dependant on me getting weight down and maintaining the running. If i can stick to routine of healthy eating and training then i get the treadmill. Fair play to you with the spin bike. Would love to join spinning class but at moment im too concious of my size to go join a class. Just back from weigh in and lost 6lbs this week so now down to 13st 10lbs. Will post stats now.

Hi All,

Here are my latest stats lost 6 lb this week so total loss so far is 44lbs. I am now on week 8 day 1 and have stayed 100% throughout. I have now lost 3 stones and 2lbs :). I have resisted breaking so far and hope to keep going until mid April if i can. Hope you are all getting on well.

DATEKGSTONESPOUNDSLOSS IB
16/01/15106.716.11235START
23/01/15102.51622411
30/01/1599.515.092186
6/2/201597.515.042144
13/2/1595.214.132095
20/2/1591.714.062027
27/2/1589.314.021975
6/3/20158713.101916

Wow that's amazing!! 20Kg gone that's like 4 sacks of spuds!!

Back