Lipotrim and night out question

Kaci002

Hi all
I just wanted some advice - I am in full swing on Lipotrim and plan to finish and refeed early Nov providing all going to plan with weight loss. I have a night out planned in mid October, its not a normal night but more a special night which has been arranged for months, it is a drinks night only no food - my dilema is, should I refeed the week leading up to it then have a few drinks on the night with the plan to get back on LT for another few weeks straight after - or should I just continue to do LT and just have a couple of vodka and diet cokes on the evening, which I know may turn into realistically 5 or 6 drinks even if I am being careful.
Just not sure what to do as I know after refeed its harder to get back on it - however I have done LT some time ago and not planning properly has been my downfall so what to get it right this time. I know some may say go out and not drink but its my birthday and a big night so hard to stay on water! Thanks all xx:)

Hi Kaci, if it was me I would weigh up what is more important to me in the long run....one boozy night out which could lead to major junk food temptation......or my long term goal. My best friend said to me once "You never had a pick on you 'til you started drinking!" so that was a real eye-opener! You really could have a great night on sparkling water & your bubbly personality!! That's just my opinion however but do what you feel will be best for you xxx

Hi Shivie
Thanks for your reply.
I know what you are saying, my weight loss goal now is more important to me than anything, plus as you say drinking could lead to temptation - uuurrmm its a dificult one, I hope I would be strong enough to give alcohol a miss - I dont actually drink much at all but its only because everyone is out for my birthday.
Kaci

From the start of the evening tell your friends or family who you are out with that you are on medication and that under no circumstances can you have a drink because it could knock you out. That way you won’t feel out of place drinking water and your friends will discourage you from drinking because they wouldn’t want that on their conscience

It’s a lie and we shouldn’t lie, but it’s a white one and just think how better you will feel in the morning after knowing you made the right choice not to blow it!

Hi Shivie
Thanks for your reply.
I know what you are saying, my weight loss goal now is more important to me than anything, plus as you say drinking could lead to temptation - uuurrmm its a dificult one, I hope I would be strong enough to give alcohol a miss - I dont actually drink much at all but its only because everyone is out for my birthday.
Kaci

I know it's a tricky one honey, and sorry if I sounded a bit bossy there...don't mean to! ;) It's totally your decision. If it's just because you're concerned about what everyone will think, a glass of sparkling water looks just like a voddy & 7up!!

From the start of the evening tell your friends or family who you are out with that you are on medication and that under no circumstances can you have a drink because it could knock you out. That way you won’t feel out of place drinking water and your friends will discourage you from drinking because they wouldn’t want that on their conscience

It’s a lie and we shouldn’t lie, but it’s a white one and just think how better you will feel in the morning after knowing you made the right choice not to blow it!

:eek: I agree! There is no point getting into the diet discussion. When I was on LT before that was I did ......bad kidney infection :eek: cos you will prob have to say why you are on tablets. Also drinking plenty of water makes sense with that illness!! Honestly totally not worth it to break your diet now with the end so close......;)

This is kinda strange and I admire all the positive posts, but I have a slightly different view. I too have a birthday at the end of october and I think i will be ready for refeed, I have chosen to have a seafood only meal and 2 glasses of wine mixed with lots of tonic, I know that by allowing myself this in the future it means I have no reason to give up in the mean time.

I am treating it as my allowance for reaching a goal, knowing that if I have not shifted all my weight I am back on by the monday, NOOO food carbs at all, they are taken up by the wine (unless i change to a very long GIN)
If it does trigger a binge of BAD stuff then its my own fault , and it will only be myself that I let down. for these reasons I am determined NOT to give in,

I think if you plan exactly what you are going to allow yourself then I think you will be ok,

Part of the reason to not eat (beyond throwing yourself out of ketosis) is so that you don't remember the delicious, delicious taste of food. With alcohol it's not really the taste so much as the effect. I'd personally just go out and have a few drinks - calorie-wise it won't be that much (as you'll easily get drunk on a relatively empty stomach) and I don't think it should result in cravings. I'm in a similar situation and while I'm skipping the meal I'm quite tempted to go out for the drinks. At the end of the day, you're the one who's most aware of your self-control within your diet.

With alcohol it's not really the taste so much as the effect. I'd personally just go out and have a few drinks - calorie-wise it won't be that much (as you'll easily get drunk on a relatively empty stomach) and I don't think it should result in cravings. .

Its not getting drunk you need worry about drinking in ketosis is VERY dangerous. You absolutely shouldnt do it....

Whatever you do don't drink if you are still in Ketosis!!!!! Its very dangerous..... carbs will kick you out of it if you know you WILL have a drink!!!!

Be carefull hun!!! You would still lose prob on re-feed.... Then enjoy your night and get back on it!!! x

Hiya,
There are many to and for arguments here and I respect everyones view. This is only my opinion.

Drinking in ketosis is dangerous as you are already putting pressure on your body systems eg. liver to breakdown fat. Drinking alcohol is pure sugar and not only will get you very drunk, very quickly, but will most likely make you very sick as in pueking the night away.

If you are lucky enough for the above not to happen, you'll be drunk on one drink forget what you had after that and all willpower will be dissolved, resulting in eating.

The carbs, liquid or otherwise will have you out of ketosis and and craving sugar like an addict.

Remember the importance of eating protein only when refeeding, there is good reason for this.

On the phychological side, lipotrim is a diet you must commit too and get away from using food/drink as an award for any goal. Yes, enjoy food, but not as a treat for good behaviour or goals reached.

Sorry If I sound arrogant but this is a subject I feel strongly about as I never, ever want to do TFR again, it's not worth ruining all the good work over one night.
Ask yourself, would that be a treat. whatever you decide, I hope will be okay.
Losit

Hi all
Thanks again for all your really helpful replies, I think I will go out and just drink sprarkling - if I have the willpower to stay on this diet then I must have the willpower to not drink.
It must be a dilema all Ltrimmers get to at some point while on the diet, I plan to be off TFR by end of November as I dont want to hit my goal weight on it but hit 1 stone over with the plan to lose the final stone with healthy eating and exercise, plus I want my body to be fully adjusted to food before xmas. So I guess for me the idea of not drinking or going out for meals for anther few months is dooable - it must be trickey if you are on the TFR program for much longer as some people are, upmost respect for the people who stick at it long term. xxx

Hey Kaci,
That's great to hear, we can keep in touch, I've a 3 day work event to get through this week and I'm determined to continue with my plan of another week and a month of refeed.
Well done you, you can be proud of yourself. Also, If you have any doubts, read the thread on 'DRINKING' in the main forum. Alcohol when in ketosis has very bad effects on health.
Go You.

Back