LipoTrim for MEN...

phew made it through the weekend, was tough though!

I'm just about to start for the first time tomorrow. Very excited about it (esp having read some of the forum posts).

I had a heart attack the year before last and it's taken a while (and the realisation of how my weight is stopping me from doing so many things), but I'm finally taking the plunge. Fingers crossed! :)

Good for you pal, hope you have an easy journey.

I'm kicking off on Friday, have been to my local chemist today for the chat and weigh in. The scales tell no lies, I have a long way to go. Having tried almost every diet known to man I hope the strict no nonsence of Lipotrim does it for me.
I have a doctors appointment on Friday 1st thing just to be sure everything is OK, if I'm honest the Docs approval would go a long way :)
Its nice to have a place to come and communicate with others, any support received with open arms...

Let battle commence :massmoon:

Slick ;)

Good luck Slick
Lipotrim's austerity is what made it work for me so I hope your doctor approves. Some do and some don't - not sure why. My advice os to stick to it 100% and you won't go wrong.

Jon

Hi both my partner and I are both doing Lipotrim together. He is finding it quite hard coz of the use of fast food and over doing eating full stop. Both of us has tried different diets and nothing has worked because of the willpower you need as not to eat to much. As with lipotrim your meals/shakes are set out for you. we have emptied the house of food and we are taking his children out for meals til we can feel as tho we wont cheat when making food for them. Thanks guys for posting on this forum as it keeps my partner inspired. Keep it up.

Hi both my partner and I are both doing Lipotrim together. He is finding it quite hard coz of the use of fast food and over doing eating full stop. Both of us has tried different diets and nothing has worked because of the willpower you need as not to eat to much. As with lipotrim your meals/shakes are set out for you. we have emptied the house of food and we are taking his children out for meals til we can feel as tho we wont cheat when making food for them. Thanks guys for posting on this forum as it keeps my partner inspired. Keep it up.

Easy Mrs, I am here by the way.

Done our 1st week now, at weigh in tonight lost a 11lb.
Miss Slickjack lost 7lb

Its been bloody hard, Ive had the odd slip up this week so very happy with the losses.
Can not afford to be so naughty from now on.
Best shake for me has to be Strawberry.
We tried the Flap jacks, they are minging. Were keeping them for friends to try, the faces they pull with the taste are so funny LMAO.

I put all my shake mixes in to a single container/tub then measure with a 1/3 cup scoup for a single (womans) portion, it makes it easier to split my shakes. I'm having 4 singles a day rather than the 2 doubles, a double hit in one sitting can be too much.

Keeping the faith..... for now.

Slickjack :)

Just a bit of an update.

Finished lipotrim on 11April wieghing 14st 12lb, exactly 4st less than my start weight.

Now 14stone. A truly life changing experience for me.

Well done.I bet you feel so much better :) x

well done im just starting my 10 stone to lose journey but stuff like this makes me confident thanks to minimins we can all do it with confidence and support thanks all ;)

Hi All,

Thank you all for such postive comments on Lipotrim. I was beginning to panic reading all the negatives out there.

I started TFR on Friday (Today is Sunday) week 1, day 3 - bmi 33.1 weighing 14st 5lb and 36 years old, it was a struggle. I had some headaches which I discovered were relieved with black tea and also warmed me up. I was incredibly nauseous on day 2. Day 3 and No day could be harder than today! Today I had to go to work and with no energy I had to attend a cardiac arrest, I did my job but the sweat that came off me was unnatural and not relative to normal. Also today there was food everywhere but it was all frys and processed, I was craving apples and lettuce (Bizarre) but I think I psychologically want to change my habits to this at the end.

I'm a Paramedic and over the past while I have been struggling with my weight and trying to exercise, I found myself suffering joint and back pain a lot which is not good for my job. Diets failed, but I couldn't figure out how :cry:, I could eat healthy for ages but always craved chocolate or junk, my job dictates you eat when you can so convenience food was a regular option although without the ability to exercise without the associated suffering my weight continued to grow. I realised I am going to die a slow, painful and expensive death. I don't want to develop heart problems or any obesity related disease so I figured which was the cheaper option? Years of expensive medical bills or the cost of the Lipotrim diet for a short time by comparison.

I was sold by the promise I would no longer crave junk food and I can re-train myself how to eat properly. I'm not afraid of exercise as I was once a cross country runner and I still do weight training but I am dreaming of the day I can run pain free and be light enough to carry myself without discomfort.

I am getting married next year and I want to be slim enough to be proud of my body again. I know my weight is uncomfortable for my Fiance too and I want to be a fit dad, not a fat dad.

You guys are an inspiration and have helped me so much already, there is nothing wrong with this diet but the commitment required is huge, and will power - will power :) ...

Will I be able to re-train my eating habits and avoid junk food? and the maintenance will be a year which is encouraging, they won't desert me so long as I stick with it...

Anyways tomorrow's day 4 and I've no doubt I'll stick with it and not cheat, I really wanna see what feeling and looking fantastic is all about!

Cheers guys!

Hi Damo
Great post - and what you've gone through is totally normal on LT. Stick to it though - it really does get better. It sounds as though your head is in the right place; this is a change for LIFE and while being on TFR is a temporary thing, a new attitude to the way you approach food is for ever, if you want to really change your body. It does work if you stick to it 100%, and being away from food completely gives you the opportunity to start again in your relationship with it. When I started refeeding (in Feb 2009) I found I liked completely different things. I vividly remember eating broccoli and thinking how tasty it was.
I have now (at last) accepted that I will have to be careful for ever, but having loathed and blamed food for years, I am now really appreciating it again, but have maintained my weight for 18 months and counting.

Stick at it, and good luck

Jon

Guys, stick with it. Do use your time in TFR to reflect on your relationship with food. How, why, when and what you eat are all the questions you need to put to yourself. Also consider what plan you will follow after TFR. IMO successful maintenance is achievable by changing eating habits. Research a number of plans, choose one that suits you and your lifestyle. Good luck all.
P.S. Hi Jon, hope you are doing well. did you ever have the surgery?

Yup! Had the first bit of liposuction on 1st July, so was trussed up and a bit tender for a week, but am fine now. I've got to go back and see the consultant in August to discuss the next stage (which should include some skin removal once all of the swelling has gone down and it's all properly healed). She is VERY strict and told me that my weight must not vary AT ALL. Harsh, but what I need I think.

Jon

Cheers Jon And Molly, and I never ate broccoli but boy am I looking forward to trying it :D. I'll be so glad when I break the addiction to food, still craving but it does seem to be getting easier... normal even.

That's great advice Molly, cheers, I will use this time to think of other healthier options and plan better, funny thing is I started yesterday with taking water with me to work and a wash bag with mouth wash & roll on, wouldn't be a stretch to carry a healthy food bag either?? or a nose bag ;) but that's the cravings talking.

Thanks again guys, you are fantastic for all the work you have done, if I can only do a tiny bit of what you have I'll be ecstatic... plus it's only one day I have to get through isn't it :p

Ok Guys, day 6 of TFR and hunger pangs are as strong as day 1... in bits. Sticking 100% to it with lots of water. Have temp sensation of fullness following each shake but it passes quickly and I'm starving. I thought hunger pangs leave after about day 3?? Any tips or advice... struggling here!!

Are you in ketosis? You should be, and that should minimise the hunger pangs. I felt empty all the time but that was not really the same as hunger. Stick with it - I guess today is weigh day so that should hive you a boost. Let us know ....

Jon

Good luck for weigh in. Sip water through the day rather than glug down a load at a time. I believe sipping water helps with the hunger. It will get easier! You come to realise just how much time we spend around blooming food! So you need to divert yourself. Keep busy, maybe start a new hobby, catch up on chores etc.
Set yourself mini goals and little rewards for reaching them. Get a jar and stick a couple of quid in it for every pound you lose. Then you'll have a nice treat to look forward to when you reach goal.

Thanks Jon and Molly, I am in ketosis but I think I went in late or slowly? not sure. I suppose it's just been very hard the past couple of days as I was surrounded by food and people cooking and eating food in front of me. Seems obvious to jus leave when this is happening but I don't think the elevator went all the way to the top floor while I was around food, also have been tired... so here it is, when food is being prepared and eaten I'll do the housework or just leave the room (Cool tip). By the time I'm thin I'll prob have OCD hee hee :D oh and rich (Thanks Molly) Can't wait.

This one day at a time is working but ur advice is priceless, cheers.

Weigh day is tomorrow, so fingers crossed ;)

Weigh

Back