LipoTrim for MEN...

thanks so much all of you for this post and replies i am male and my auntie suggested the diet and site and wanted to hear from men on how they got on with it i am nervous and not yet started it yet but i am ready now to do this, think monday i will be heading to a pharmacy to do this. just a quick question can i start this as soon as i visit and what are the costs to get on this as only info i not been given thanks and well done all

Hey All,

I just started the Lipotrim programme today and have been looking around the web to find somewhere to share my experiences throughout the next 12 weeks.

I know it is going to be tough and I am certain I do not know what I have let myself in for, but it seems like this forum is the best place to keep each other motivated and working towards that target goal.

I used to be very active 10 years ago, Used to Row, Play footy, badminton and would have been around 13 1/2 Stone during my university years. 10 years on I am not up to 18 Stone and would love to get back down to the same weight as I was back then.

If anyone could give me some helpful tips (I haven't read through all 14 pages of these forums yet - trying to save some pages for during the week) I would greatly appreciate it!

Corrigan.

Hi people.

Another guy here in need of advice. I'm about to start lipotrim today (still not had breakfast!)

So I'm 6ft and weigh 80kg. Ok I'm not terribly overweight but wanna loose all of that excess fat I have around my waistline. Yes I used to go to the gym and done it the hard way but I have exams now making it very hard to find the time for work out.

So here is my question, the pharmacist said I can have one light meal per day. He's only putting me on the strict diet for a week and i want to make the most of it. I see that people split one of the sachets in half to make three meals per day. Just wanted to know everybody's thoughts. Does anyone have that one meal per day? Do you still lose the weight?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Seems quiet on here which is a shame, suppose it's probably a man thing, communication is not really our strong point!! Reading the threads on here really helped me get through last week so I intend to post my results.

I had my “last supper” of take away curry, wine and a goof port last Sunday and have not eaten since. I registered but could not log on to post. (Note to all - pass words are case sensitive, the site is quite clear on this, in my fuggled state I was less clear). Week one weigh in showed 10lb down which makes me very very happy.

Starting coincided with a dose of man-flue so my first week was tough but I kept my head down and got through it. I have doe Ligterlife and Cambridge in the past so new what was coming.

Shakes are passable, have not tried the bars or soup as my pharmacist does not stock them. Does anyone rate them?

I plan to do 10 weeks and hope to loose 4 stone. This takes me from a BMI of 32 down to about 26. Anything below that and I start to look ill.

Cheers all,

Mark

Noob!

Hey all, cheers for the thread and stuff, best place to get info on lipotrim. Just two questions here
1. Probably a stupid question but can you smoke on liptrim no??
2. What part of the body have people found loses the most weight?
Again, cheers lads!

Anybody else still on this thread? Seems to have dried up since October :(

Hi folks

I've browsed this lipotrim forum and found lots of postings by ladies, but I thought I'd start a thread to say how it goes for ***MEN*** who may be interested....

First of all, LipoTrim works !!!

I've not been clinically obese, but my BMI was 29 and I have struggled for the past 10years (I'm now 35) to lose the 3 stone that make me look bloated and keep my performance sluggish......

I found it particularly embarassing as I work in the medical profession as a BUPA consultant, and I always thought that when you see an overweight health professional, it doesn't inspire patient confidence in your knowledge of how the body works!!!

I have tried increased exercise programmes at the gym, reduced calorie diets, atkins, herbalife, slimfast and more!!! I never lost the weight i have lost and am losing with LipoTrim.

LipoTrim for Men consists of two large sachets to make up into a drink each day. I usually have half a sachet with water at breakfast, half a sachet at lunch and a full sachet with the family at tea time! (I did try the chicken soup sachet but I found it too unbearable to swallow!!!!!! It really is gross) However, I must say that the milkshake sachets are fantastic. You can shake them by hand, but I blend them in the mixer with some crushed ice, and they come out like a decent smoothie bar milkshake (choc, strawberry or vanilla).

As a complete meal replacement programme for the first period of weeks, it's a big change for your psychology, but hey, that's what I needed. Working long shifts in clinics, I found is was living on vending machines in corridors out of hours, canteen crisps, snacks, sausage rolls... and a takeaway on the way home after work at midnight. Little wonder I put on weight!

A few weeks into LipoTrim and I don't have much time to miss food! The shakes keep me FULL, even for a 12hour shift, and I happily walk past vending machines and boxes of chocolate offers from patients, etc, as I honestly dont have that constant craving for sugar boosts and comforts.

I have not felt tired, faint or weak on LipoTrim as a busy bloke..... when I have a 'tea break' and feel i deserve something from the cafeteria (or starbucks with the family at weekends!) there is plenty to choose from in the way of black coffees, espresso, or just a bottle of water.

I went into Ketosis quickly on day 3 (confirmed by urinalaysis, but obvious because of sour whey smelly breath - controlled by frequent listerine mouth rinses!!!)

At first, during social events in the first week especially, the 'smell' of a home cooked dinner would make me feel hungry, but once in Ketosis, I was pretty chilled with it all.

In summary,

-I am on track to lose one and a half stone in my first month (I'm looking to lose two and a half stone in total).

-I enjoy getting the weekly supplies from my pharmacist colleague as she weighs me and gives me a good 'pep talk' and verbalises the progress I've made as a 3rd party. For me, the consultation that is included free by supplying pharmacists is the strength of this program. Pick your local pharmacy supplier carefully!!!!!!! You will need a good mentor.

-by going 'cold turkey' on all food, i have shown myself - by refusing so much junk food from the health centre cafe (ironic isn't it!!??) colleagues, friends and patient gifts - exactly where i am eating all the wrong foods.

-i am already prepared to go on to the LipoTrim maintenance program in due course with a desire for healthy (non-fried) protein intake with my 5-a-day, along with rejection of sugary carbs, stodgy breads, crisps, pastries, etc, that tire me out and make me fat!

-the ketosis does make me have a 'shorter fuse' as a bloke, also because i'm not getting the comfort from my comfort-foods too. But that's all part of the retraining process after bad habits of 10years. I'd rather be a bit kranky for a few weeks whilst keeping positive about my weight-loss, than lead myself into type ii diabetes, obesity, hypercholesterolaemia and cardiac disease in the decade to come !!!

-the £48/week cost sounds steep, but is much cheaper than the junk i used to buy in addition to my own grocery costs day by day.

I Hope my experience helps any other chap thinking of lipotrim!

---
ps: i do have a couple of cups of coffee per day with a bit of skimmed milk in. this appears to have made NO difference to the usual weight loss of lipotrim clients which is happening for me too. The sachets of milkshake are made from skimmed milk powder in part anyway, and I personally think that a splash more of skimmed milk in some coffee won't upset the apple cart too much. (but that's mainly because i can't stand black coffee!!!) However, that's only my opinion, not that of Lipotrim.

Wow I'm in almost the exact same position! I'm a medical registrar who does on-calls during weekdays and ENTIRE weekends from Sat-Monday! On-call eating was a very comforting thing that is SO NEEDED during stressful days.

Well I can say that I do add low-fat milk to my coffee too. I don't truly think that takes you out of ketosis. After all, its only a VERY minimal amount of calories, and if you take LT into account of having calories on its own, I don't truly think it makes a difference. But anyway that is just speaking from personal experience :/

Oh btw, I've known quite a few other doctors who tried it and failed. It was especially during on-call hours where they just HAD to order that Indian takeaway! LOL

Good to know there are quite a few other guys on here too :)

24 hours to go!!!

Supplies at the ready for 2nd time around. Done TFR about a year ago and have since gained it all as i decided to skip maintenance :mad:. Really lookin forward to gettin back in the groove and support from all the guys on here, there really r some great success stories. Well done to one & all!

Hi Guys and Girls...

I am a 25 (nearly 26 end of Jan) guy who wants to lose about 7 stone. Just because i feel like **** on a daily basis. This post has reassured me that this diet will work for me.

Will i ever be able to come off this diet?!? Not that i will probably want to but i am just wondering :D

Good luck with Lipotrim TomTom86!

When you have lost your 7 stone you have to follow refeed and which is about gradually increasing your carb intake.

If you look on the thread below it will explain it to you why refeeding is so important.

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-re...lacement-without-excessive-weight-regain.html

Men in general lose a lot quicker than women so it will probably only take you about five to six months at most to lose your weight if you stick with it.

24 hours to go!!!

Supplies at the ready for 2nd time around. Done TFR about a year ago and have since gained it all as i decided to skip maintenance :mad:. Really lookin forward to gettin back in the groove and support from all the guys on here, there really r some great success stories. Well done to one & all!

Welcome Hammer and good luck with your new start on LT...You did it before you can do it again!

Good luck we are all rooting for you!!

Hi all i was on this diet last june and lost 3 stone i had a break and am ready to lose the rest of what i need to lose i havent gained any since coming off so i know when i reach my goal it is off for good ;)

Back