Lipotrim GL and Minimins

irish molly

Maintaing LT loss on GL
Lipotrim, GL and Minimins have been my saviours in the past year.
Just one year ago I began a journey that seemed impossible. I took it a day and a week at a time, setting myself small achievable goals.
I began at 294lbs or 21st.
I finished at 179lbs or 12 st 11lbs. (About my average adult weight)
I was a size 26/28
I'm now a size 14/16.
I have lost over 39% body fat and a total of 60.5 inches.
I started Lipotrim thinking I'd stick it for about six weeks. 26 weeks later I had lost 87lbs and 53.5ins.
I switched to GL hoping to lay down a good eating plan to maintain those losses and maybe lose a bit more.
24 weeks later I have maintained my LT loss and added another 28lbs and 7 inches to the total. I could have lost at a faster rate on GL if I followed it more strictly and had an exercise plan but I was in no hurry as GL is my plan for life.
Posting on Minimins and checking the progress of everyone on here was by far and away the key to the whole thing. When your resolve starts to weaken and you pop on here and either seek support or read that others are feeling the same then you gain the courage to battle on.
Thank you Lipotrim
Thank you GL esp Patrick Holford and Nigel Denby.
Most of all thank you Minimins for this site and all the fab people who post on here daily, weekly or just now and then.
You make the world a better place.

Last edited:
Now that is an inspirational post. You should post it in the success story section Molly so that new visitors here can read it - that's where I got the encouragement to start my LT journey!

Well done on going the distance, and good luck with the rest of your life as a slim and healthy person. :)

Well done love. You're an inspiration. After 2 and a half weeks oN lipotrim. I'm now at your starting weight of just under 300 lbs. So your story was perfect timing for me. Thank you for sharing your wonderful journey!

For sure, I will post in the success section too. Stick with TFr 100% and do a lot of hard thinking about why you got to where you are. TFR will help break a lot of bad habits and cleanse your palate of all the tastes you had for high sugar and high carbs. Restrict these when you go into maintenance or it may become a slippery slope.
the weeks and months on your journey will fly by. Set small goals as you go along to keep you motivated.

That is a beautiful but tough journey you have made and reached your destination. Reading peoples journals is a great help as they do without realising take you through the inner changes in mind, body and spirit aswell as the various emotions that pop up and a sometimes tempting to fall prey but don't.

Thank-you once again and I also hope to hit my target in the near future and I must say I feel happier each day and so should everyone else be whether it's 1lb or 20lbs you lose in a wk its a tiny step closer to a inner happier and healthier you.

That is a beautiful but tough journey you have made and reached your destination. Reading peoples journals is a great help as they do without realising take you through the inner changes in mind, body and spirit aswell as the various emotions that pop up and a sometimes tempting to fall prey but don't.

Thank-you once again and I also hope to hit my target in the near future and I must say I feel happier each day and so should everyone else be whether it's 1lb or 20lbs you lose in a wk its a tiny step closer to a inner happier and healthier you.

Thanks for the kind words. You are so right about the inner changes that take place. If we do not change our mindset about our attitudes to food then TFR or any other diet will be a waste of time.
TFR is a tough route to follow and it would be a shame to waste that effort by not having a good hard look at ourselves and trying to identify what our food issues are.
Good luck with the rest of your journey. Remember every pound counts, it's all going in the right direction!!!

I've been following your progress and think you've done amazingly well. A great inspiration for all of us.
I have decided after reading your losses to go and do GL too. I bought a copy of Patrick Holfords GL Bible and couldn't wait to read it. I think that its going to take a while to get used to it, but am looking forward to eating again in December!
Have you put any pics on?
Thanks for such a motivational story :)
Emma x

Thanks Emma. Read Holford to understand the whole science bit behind GL. To put it into practice, just cut back severely on potato,pasta,rice and bread.
Click on the albums link and there are some pics there.

Thanks Molly!
Realised I've looked at your pics already, you look fabulous! :)
Emma x

Emma, thanks for the nice compliment.

GL? What is this GL you speak of??

GL is the glycaemic load plan. There is a forum on here about it. It is an eating plan based on keeping your blood sugars level.

Back