Lipotrim Guys. May wanna read this.

MYK_22

Right, i know a lot of you are trying to stick to this by the letter. And are a bit worried about how much water to mix with shakes etc. So, taken DIRECTLY from the lipotrim website....

Female Sachets

Remember: It is essential to have 3 female portions of Lipotrim each day. This can be 3 sachets (choose any flavour combination from vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or chicken soup) or 2 sachets plus 1 flapjack (choose from peanut or coconut flavours). Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water with each flapjack to compensate for not having a sachet.

1. As a drink - Add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to at least 8 fluid ounces (just less than half a pint - 227ml) of cold water. Mix well using an electric blender or suitable whisk. If a hot drink is preferred, add hot water and mix as above. Drink within 15 minutes of mixing.
  2. As a mousse - Chocolate or Vanilla - add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to approx 2 fluid ounces (56ml) of cold water in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth. You will find by experiment/experience how much water to use to produce your desired consistency. Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water when taking the formula as a mousse to compensate for the smaller volume of water used. Eat the mousse immediately after mixing.
Male Sachets

Remember: It is essential to have 2 male portions of Lipotrim each day. Men have higher nutritional needs than women and therefore require 2 of the larger, male sachets (choose any flavour combination from vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or chicken soup). If three meals are desired request one sachet plus 2 flapjacks (choose from peanut or coconut flavours). Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water with each flapjack to compensate for a smaller volume of water.

1. As a drink - Add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to at least 15 fluid ounces (3/4 of a pint - 426ml ) of cold water. Mix well using an electric blender or suitable whisk. If a hot drink is preferred, add hot water and mix as above. Drink within 15 minutes of mixing.
  2. As a mousse - Chocolate or Vanilla - add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to about 4 fluid ounces (113ml) of cold water in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth. You will find by experiment/experience how much water to use to produce your desired consistency. Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water when taking the formula as a mousse, to compensate for the smaller volume of water used. Eat the mousse immediately after mixing.

• Add coffee to the vanilla or chocolate drinks to give them a different flavour.
  • Experiment and vary the amount of water you use as this will change the taste and texture.
  • Mix with ice cubes in a blender and make a smoothie.
  • You must use a blender or a shaker to mix the drinks properly.

What I did find interesting was the following from the lipotrim site. This may interest some of you who are currently taking the soups...

DO NOT USE salt, pepper, curry powder or anything else with the soup . These can affect the ketosis process and lead to increases in fluid retention and blood pressure.

Each to their own on what you do with the shakes, but just thought that it may be worth mentioning if any of you are doing it. I'm currently taking fat burners and am not noticing any negative effects, but if any of you are then that may be the reason.

Other bits of information to save people asking are...

While using the Lipotrim formula as a Total Food Replacement, only the following beverages are allowed:

• Tap water
  • Bottled water (soda water, still or carbonated, but not flavoured)
  • Coffee (black only, with or without caffeine as usual practice)
  • Leaf tea (black only)
Water

Do not use Lipotrim as a Total Food Replacement without consuming at least 3-4 litres of water per day. This is in addition to the water used to make the formulas.
The foods we would normally eat are made up of large amounts of water so you will not be getting an adequate amount of water unless you purposefully drink it. Water must be consumed in small, but frequent servings throughout the day. A glass of water before and after a Lipotrim serving is also recommended.

Alcohol and Diet Drinks

Strictly no alcohol or diet drinks. These will disrupt the ketosis process and affect your weight loss.

Tea & Coffee

You can continue with your normal caffeine beverages as long as you take them without milk and sugar. Only tablet sweeteners are permitted, not spoonable powders. Take care to keep your caffeine intake at the same level as before dieting to prevent caffeine withdrawal or palpitations caused by an increase in the amount of caffeine consumed. Caffeinated drinks do not count towards your daily water intake.

Herbal Teas

These are permitted only if they are a pure leaf extract and do not contain flowers, berries, fruits etc. Examples of permitted teas are - Peppermint, Assam, Drjeeling, Green tea, Nettle, Earl Grey

Exercise is good for all the usual reasons.

Exercise can be carried out as desired, but it is recommended that you take it easy for the first week or so of dieting due to glycogen and water shifts which may make you feel tired and lethargic .
When exertion is to be done, it is essential to hydrate prior to the exertion. This is in addition to the recommended daily fluid intake of 3-4 litres per day.
Many patients are overweight because for whatever reason their mobility is limited, obesity in itself can limit mobility. Exercise is important in a healthy lifestyle but not essential when following the Lipotrim Programme.

• Regular exercise will make your body healthier, both inside and out.
  • Exercising whilst on the Lipotrim Programme may improve muscle tone and reduce the appearance of loose skin.
  • Getting into the habit of exercising now will help you maintain your new weight later.
  • If an exercise regime is to be followed, we recommend taking body measurements. Then you can monitor inch loss as well as weight loss. Another way to see the results of your efforts!

Temporary discomforts

You may experience some discomfort in the first few days of the diet. These are temporary and are reduced by ensuring your fluid intake is adequate.

Headaches may occur due to insufficient fluid intake, change in caffeine intake or carbohydrate withdrawal.

Increasing water intake should lessen these symptoms.

You may also take your usual painkiller, such as aspirin or paracetamol as long as it is in tablet form, not liquid or capsules.

Bowel movements will be less frequent on the diet than on ordinary food and this is quite natural. However, if you tend to suffer from discomfort due to constipation drink even more water in the first instance. If problems persist, then you may need a fibre supplement or senna.

It is also quite common to feel tired or lethargic within the first week of using Lipotrim. This is whilst your body gets used to burning energy from stores rather than from food and should pass once you are in ketosis.

All of the above are normal and only temporary as your body adjusts to the new regime.

I HAVE BEEN REQUESTED BY THE MODERATOR TO CHANGE THE DETAILS OF THIS TO ONLY 2 LITRES OF WATER PER DAY. THE REASON FOR CHANGE IS DUE TO THE CARIER BAG THAT COMES WITH THE PRODUCT SAYING "2 LITRES OF WATER PER DAY" UNFORTUNETLY I CANNOT COMMENT ON THIS BUT THE INFORMATION ABOVE IS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE LIPOTRIM WEBSITE. IT IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME BUT FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS WHEN READING. MY REASONING FOR WHAT I HAVE SAID ABOVE - AND BEING QUOTED ON THE WEBSITE IS BELOW. BUT PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I HAVE BEEN REQUESTED TO CHANGE IT. MY REASONING:

Sorry. But I'm not changing what I said. I dont have the carrier bag anymore, but in general we are told to drink at least 2 litres of water a day. Looking at the lipotrim website they state 3-4 litres a day. It seems silly that drinking 2 litres a day when on a normal health diet you drink 2 litres and on this your water intake is reduced. 3 pints of water could be dangerous. I exercise for an hour a day and drink 5+ litres of water a day. Lipotrim recomend on the carrier bag something that I dont think is correct. Ask your pharmacist if you can drink 3-4 litres of water a day. I know a lot of people that drink this ammount and nothing happens negatively. I dont feel i should ammend anything. Check the link here..

http://www.lipotrimprestwich.co.uk/more-information/drinking.html

Water

Do not use Lipotrim as a Total Food Replacement without consuming at least 3-4 litres of water per day. This is in addition to the water used to make the formulas.
The foods we would normally eat are made up of large amounts of water so you will not be getting an adequate amount of water unless you purposefully drink it. Water must be consumed in small, but frequent servings throughout the day. A glass of water before and after a Lipotrim serving is also recommended.

So, 3-4 litres is recomended.

As said, I don't feel I should ammend my post as I'm quoting from the lipotrim site. This shouldnt be a problem and is not confusing anyone. If people want to drink less they will. But 3-4 litres makes up for the food that we dont eat, along with the recomended water intake for a day. On a side note increasing water intake is necessary to remove fat. It helps liver and kidneys function correctly and as such help removing fat.

Another source...

**Link Removed Due To Not Knowing If Allowed To Post**

I could go on sourcing quotes and articles. But at the end of the day the website does clearly state it. Some people drink more some less. As long as its spaced out over the course of the day it isnt a problem. A healthy liver and kidney can process approximately 1litre per hour. Under cutting that and telling people to drink 500ml per hour would still allow people to drink 4 litres over 8 hours no problem and not have ANY difficulties.

Water is proven to be an effective fat burner. It is easy to drink, if drank cold it needs to be warmed up before it can be processed and as such that requires calories as well.

It seems strange asking me to amend what I have said because it isn't directly in line with the lipotrim carrier bag. The site says 3-4 litres a day. Maybe it should say 2-4 litres a day. But 3-4 is not a problem. You said yourself that the carrier actually says at least 2 litres. That doesnt mean that drinking more is bad for you.

Sorry. Unless you edit my post I'm not going to unfortunetly.

Mike.

Last edited:
Good post sir!

Thanks Myk nice to be reminded, as even on my second week I have forgoten I could take soda water, have a good week.

The thing that most interested me was that they say NOTHING in the soups. But I know some people here like it and don't have any negative effects as far as I can see..

The thing that most interested me was that they say NOTHING in the soups. But I know some people here like it and don't have any negative effects as far as I can see..

I don't think it has any noticable effects, the reason they say nothing in soups is they want to cleanse your palette of all old tastes.:)

Yeah, I dont think it will have any effect either. I'm on fat burners which contain very high ammounts of thermogenic compounds including hot peppers. Theyre zero carbs and zero calories. Been using them since monday and started this last saturday. You'll see by my weigh in results tommorow that they arent having any negative effects. Just thought it was worth posting so that people can read the exact recomendations that lipotrim say. IMO. Stick to what ya know, if you put pepper/chilli/curry in your soup and no bad effects then keep at it ! :D

Great post!
I've had a soup every night for the last 10 weeks and added fresh ground black pepper - I don't think my weight loss has been affected!

I was a bit confused when i read it to be honest. Mind you. After googling, in 1tbsp of white pepper their is 5g of carbs...

Just glad i dont have soup though :D

I understand the bit about cleansing our palettes of all old tastes, but surely once we re-feed and start to have balanced meals again then are we never to have black pepper or a curry.

p.s. Curries aren't always unhealthy - its how they are made that alters that dynamic

For everyone that has read this can you please read the amendment that I have made to the first post due to moderator requests and as not to confuse people.

Hope this helps.

This is all very confusing!!
I wonder if the difference is due to this information being supplied by a pharmacy as there is nothing like this on the "official" website

Prestwich also quote this

If you have any queries or useful tips regarding Lipotrim please feel free to get in contact with us and speak to our qualified staff by person, phone or email and they will be more than happy to answer any questions raised.
Lipotrim Clinic Opening Times:
Mon - Fri 9.15am - 5.45pm
Sat - 9.00am - 1.00pm
Prestwich Pharmacy
40 Longfield Centre
Prestwich
Manchester
M25 1AY

Tel: 0161 798 2778
Email: [email protected] You need JavaScript to see my email address
Please note; If you are currently using Lipotrim and are registered at another Pharmacy any queries and advice should be answered by them. Alternatively, contact Howard Foundation on 0800 413 735 or at www.lipotrim.co.uk
For enquiries regarding participating Pharmacies in your area please contact the Howard Foundation on 0800 413 735 or at www.lipotrim.co.uk

What I've quoted is from the prestonlipotrim site, but their is nothing on the "official" site. Seems odd not being any information. But I still standby the 3-4 litres a day and the 5 litres a day I'm drinking isn't giving me any problems. I Wouldnt class it as confusing, bare minimum is 2 drink a bit more if you can :)

Of course its confusing.

The official lipotrim bag says 2 litres and the Prestwich Pharmacy says minimum of 3. Consistency would be good :p

I try to do at least 3 anyway. But surely you would expect there to be a uniformed approach being that there isnt much you can vary on it! :giggle:

I wonder why here isn't more details on the Lipotrim site. Prestwich also advise you to consult your own pharmacy with questions I guess thats because each one must vary in their advice somewhat. And its a good get out clause for the differing suggestions :D

Right, i know a lot of you are trying to stick to this by the letter. And are a bit worried about how much water to mix with shakes etc. So, taken DIRECTLY from the lipotrim website....

Not quite its from a pharmacy website which provides Lipotrim ;)
I HAVE BEEN REQUESTED BY THE MODERATOR TO CHANGE THE DETAILS OF THIS TO ONLY 2 LITRES OF WATER PER DAY. THE REASON FOR CHANGE IS DUE TO THE CARIER BAG THAT COMES WITH THE PRODUCT SAYING "2 LITRES OF WATER PER DAY" UNFORTUNETLY I CANNOT COMMENT ON THIS

BUT THE INFORMATION ABOVE IS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE LIPOTRIM WEBSITE. IT IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME BUT FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE.
Again this is not actually from the "official" site.......... can you tell I used to be an Auditor :p

Is there a Preston one too as the link you posted took me to prestwich........ Geography was never my strong point especially with the UK! :eek:

Haha, Sorry, your right, it was the prestwich, was in a bit of a rush their when replying because of a washing machine problem haha.

But yes. I'm fairly sure they wouldnt be saying things like that on their site when they are advertising the lipotrim information. Could always email the lipotrim people and ask if the information on their site is accurate but fairly confident that a pharmacy selling the information would be giving the correct advice.

Haha, Sorry, your right, it was the prestwich, was in a bit of a rush their when replying because of a washing machine problem haha.

But yes. I'm fairly sure they wouldnt be saying things like that on their site when they are advertising the lipotrim information. Could always email the lipotrim people and ask if the information on their site is accurate but fairly confident that a pharmacy selling the information would be giving the correct advice.

I don't think that site you have given the link for is very accurate as I contacted Lipotrim Welcome to the Lipotrim Website a couple of weeks ago to ask why they were showing pictures of another branded vlcd product and calling it Lipotrim maintenance on that site...Lipotrim wrote back and thanked me and got the site to correct their mistake.:rolleyes:

To recap on the minimum water consumption as it says on the carrier bag and also in your NOTES FOR PATIENTS that everyone is given when they get the DVD out for the night prior to beginning Lipotrim....

"You must drink at least four pints of water each day - drink more if possible"

Because of the confusion about how much water is needed on Lipotrim I sought clarification from Lipotrim head office, they replied in the email below. There return message is highlighted in pink where they advise 3 litres and not more than 4.

Be careful. There is some dangerous nonsense in the chat rooms. Usually 3 litres is fine, but not more than 4
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:50 AM
Subject: Question How Much Water?
I have a question concerning how much water is recommended while on the Lipotrim Pharmacy Programme.
The minimum is 4 pints (2.5 litres) and how much more water would it be safe to take on top of this.
Thanking you

As the above email was in 2008 I have emailed them again to see if they have changed their policy as I know my own Pharmacy has not.

If you check out the other big vlcd's like Cambridge Diet and Lighter Life you will see that their guidelines are similar.

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-lif...ement-made-group-about-water-consumption.html

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...tion/53190-water-consumption-please-read.html

At the end of the day you have to decide for yourself what you are comfortable with drinking above the minimum intake of 4 pints that you must drink and to use your common sense not to over do it as too much water can upset the normal balance of electrolytes.

"Drinking should be frequent throughout the day, not all at once."

I know myself I was comfortable drinking four litres and sometimes five when I was on Lipotrim.

If you have any concerns or questions I would advise you to contact your own pharmacy or Lipotrim directly... as I have always found them to be helpful.

Lipotrim - Contact Us

On my notes for patients it says;

In addition to the water used to mix yor diet, you must drink at least 4 pints (about 2 litres) of water each day, but no more than 8 pints, (4 litres).

It also says this in the film they have on their website (the same one they give you to watch at the pharmacy).

And to be safe I'm sticking to the official guidelines.

so 2-4 litres is fine.

Mini. I agree with what your saying, drink what your comfortable with. I'm sticking to my 5 a day and happy on that :)

Is there any reason you can't make the strawberry into a mousse?
Some of us like strawberry mousse :p
But they say only chocolate or vanilla.

Is that because they think strawberry mousse is weird, or is it something in the shakes that doesn't allow for it?

Back