lipotrim haters

tweeza

on a positive not i lost 7lbs this week :D:D but as title says the shine has been taken off the loss with the haters :sigh: when I told friends and family my weight loss I was greeted with unsafe unhealthy and your going to put it all back on and more. My mother is beside herself with listening to them all and is convinced im one step away from the knackers yard :4633:
Does not matter what I say to them to about how this is not a bad plan I even agree its not a plan that can be a life long way of life but just not getting thro.
I am now going to not say another word to them nor talk about my losses and I know i get lots of support from all you guys but would be nice if they wanted to celebrate im getting healthy and this plan is doing that and sorting out my issues with binging rather than making me feel like poo iv not felt this fed up since I started this

The LT haters are the main reason I've not told any one but those I trust the most about the diet.

I know everyone says that the best thing to do is to cut down, eat healthier and exercise more. But I'm living proff that dieitng makes you fat! The first time I joined WW I was half the weight I am now!

And I know people say that if you lose it too qucikly it all piles back on. Well it all piles back on any way if you don't address the reason why your in this in the first place. I've lost weight more times than I care to think of but have always put it (and more back on)

You don't end up with weigth probelm like mine unless you have some serious issues around food to address. I'm treating myself as an addict. Noboby would tell an alcoholic to keep on drinking and just cut down, or a crack addict or someone trying to give up smoking. So that's my answer to those who say eat healthier/cut down etc. I've tried that...It doesnt work for me..but hopefully this will.

Looking at your stats it seems you and me will be keeping each other company for a while. Anytime the haters get you down rant away and we're here for you.

Good luck and keep on going.

wow!! 22 lbs in 2 weeks - thats amazing and brilliant!! You should be so so so proud of yourself - please dont feel down listening to your family and friends - you should be feeling over the moon with yourself

I will personally post you some earplugs to block them all out!

I think most of us on here have had someone say the exact same things to us - my bf for one! but it just makes me stick to it even harder so I can use the "i told you so" card back at him!

As you say its not a diet you can stay on forever, but what it does during refeed, is make you eat sensibly and hopefully change your eating habbits forever.

so keep up the most wonderful work ever!! just think this time next week, you will have lost over 2 stone!!! wow

jane x

I think your loss is amazing ..... I have not told my family ... Whatever I do there well be a comment.... Thing it's if they are not over weight then they can't understand. Try and ignore them uuuuuuu can see and feel the difference and touts what you need to concentrate on and put yourself first.... If u dont then who knows where we will end up. I look to uuuuuuu for inspiration your weight loss is amazing...so think of that when someone puts you down...xxx

thank you my lipotrim lovers :)
I have earplugs in and am going to just la la la la them out when they start just wish they would see the bigger picture if not that then my large backside :p and see any weight loss is a good thing and Iv been feeling great on this even started wearing make up again as my confidence is rising I know most are comng from a place of concern just upsetting that they wont support me
But will just have to prove them wrong

They will always be ppl judging . Even when u lose alot ppl will start to say thats enough . But dont listen to those . It wat makes u happy that the most important . Ur doin great keep up the good work x x x

I'm sure they don't mean to be mean, the sad truth is they don't "get it" They don't understand what it is to be a slave to food - to live your life like a heroin addict - but with food as your addiction.
The 'sensible eating' option is only possible, I believe, when you've dealt with the addiction issues, which is really what lipotrim does. Only then can you sort out your eating.

Also, last time when I was very overweight, I'd been attending a gym for 6 years. I trained hard, so was fit, but still overweight.

When I went on lipotrim I stopped exercising (not good to stop exercising I know) when I went back several stone lighted. EVERYTHING had improved dramatically. heart rate etc. My trainer couldn't believe it.

So being overweight is really really bad for you. Your family and friends, while being well meaning I'm sure, just don't get it.

Best of luck with your weight loss.

thank you Kate I know they mean well I have explained why this plan is good for me because I do have issues with food and im doing the work for my issues with a councellor and they know iv been cleared to do this by my doctor and that my doctor is also making me go back to him monthly to keep a eye on me incase any health issues arise from not eating, I just think even knowing im doing this a 100% safely they could just be as supportive of my doing something for myself as how quick they were to sit me down and tell me I was going to go to a early grave with my eating.

Im no longer telling them my losses and wont discuss it with them until they read about the plan and what it will do (iv printed off info for them) till they are better informed .
thanks for your kind words x

Well done you. Don't worry about other people's opinions; you know what's best for you. Also, you may see a shift in opinion when you look and feel healthier - when people can tangibly see the benefits of the diet.

Tweeza, you mentioned that you were doing work with a counsellor, do you mind me asking is that related to food issues?

I ask, because I sometimes think that maybe I should go and see someone about my food issues. Whilst I have often struggled at remaining only mildly overweight, these issues have blighted my life on a daily basis. Just can't imagine that it would help - so would be interested to hear about your (or anyone else's on this forum's) experience in this area.

Hi Kate
Yes the woman iI see has background of dealing with food addictions and I use that word as im addicted to food and have been seeing her for a few months.
She has been really good showing me how I use food as a crutch and showing me new ways of dealing with issues without using food, I dont think I would have been able to do this plan without her making me see how I hid every feeling I had with food
I would try councilling but only with someone who has had training in food issues as I had a different one who wasn't trained and her solution was dont buy the fatty food :rolleyes: she didnt have a clue so could not help me I think it would benefit anyone who needs help with eating issues

Morning! One thing ill say is that if its such a terrible plan/thing to do, why can you only go on it through a GP or pharmacy??? If it was so bad surely it would be on some dodgy foreign internet site!

if you explain to the people you want to know that you are on this plan, in particular the ones with the negative thoughts that this plan was originally designed by GP's and rolled out to pharmacy's and its controlled via these arena's then maybe they will be a bit more understanding and supportive?

The way I see it, this is my body, I control it and if Im not happy with it I WILL do something about it in the way I think best!!

Failing that, just ignore the negative comments cos in some instances, people are actually jealous because you are actually strong enough to take control!

At fist most of my family were very sceptical, all the usual comments about dangerous and il never keep it off... but I showed them all the nutritional information, told tham all how it works, and now that they have seen the huge difference and that when I started eating again I didn't swell back up like a big balloon, My auntie and cousin are now joining me next week, and my Nan would have if the docs would allow her but she has too many tablets to take with food, blood pressure problems etc... So just wait and see what happens they will come around once they realise you look healthier for this diet and your not going to pop your clogs because of it at any moment!!
Congratulations on your fantastic losses hun you should be really proud!! =D xxx

I have a similar issue although it doesn't surface until I get near goal weight. "You don't look well!" or "You look too thin" or " You look ill" etc etc etc. That said the amount of good will comments I get are hugely rewarding and just help me to maintain my progress. As for putting it back on again - Yes I have done that - this time I have done a lot of background work to ensure that I have the best possible chance of keeping it off. I also following medical advice had a gastric band fitted in October on the basis that it wouldn't be used until I start refeeding and I have kept strictly to the TFR diet. I have changed my dinner plates for smaller ones - I do all of the cooking for my family and have reduced ALL portion for everybody, and consequently I am buying less food. I have thrown out any clothes that are too big , and I have bought clothes I can only get itno when I reach target - and I keep telling myself that I am not going back!! Anyone else got any ideas or strategies to he;p with this one?

Thanks for the reply Tweeza - really appreciate your insight into it. I see you're in Scotland, I'm in Ireland - I'm seriously thinking about it. I just can't figure some of this stuff out for myself.

will do some research and see if there's a suitable person where I live.

Many thanks & keep up the good work!

A fantastic loss. You should be proud and I hope, deep down, your family are too (they are only worried because they are unsure about this diet and want you to be safe... just explain that food is more likely to make you unwell in the long run, not following a VLCD for a short while).

I have a similar issue although it doesn't surface until I get near goal weight. "You don't look well!" or "You look too thin" or " You look ill" etc etc etc. That said the amount of good will comments I get are hugely rewarding and just help me to maintain my progress. As for putting it back on again - Yes I have done that - this time I have done a lot of background work to ensure that I have the best possible chance of keeping it off. I also following medical advice had a gastric band fitted in October on the basis that it wouldn't be used until I start refeeding and I have kept strictly to the TFR diet. I have changed my dinner plates for smaller ones - I do all of the cooking for my family and have reduced ALL portion for everybody, and consequently I am buying less food. I have thrown out any clothes that are too big , and I have bought clothes I can only get itno when I reach target - and I keep telling myself that I am not going back!! Anyone else got any ideas or strategies to he;p with this one?

Sounds like you have it all planned and I would hope you will get support from a clinical team because of your gastric band? What have they suggested? Will you join a slimming group when you are off TFL to keep you motivated (is that even allowed)?

Most of my friends are skinny mins so they are telling me I look fantastic. A few of those who were bigger than me are still saying I look great BUT adding 'don't lose anymore' etc. etc. I have explained that I still have over half a stone to go before I get to BMI of 25 and a long, long way before I approach a BMI of 20.

Sounds like you're going to be a family of skinnys soon...
xxxx

I hope you find someone Kate I know that for me I will never get to a safe weight till i address what is keeping me from achieving that no diet on the planet would work for me until I understood why I was sabotaging myself not totally there but from where I was im getting there and if you need any advice or anything you can ask me im a open book :D but fact you know you have some issues is half the battle to getting to ur goal weight x

Fab loss for 2 weeks !!

To be honest my mum nan and sis thinks I need to eat having being a larger lady's themselves my mum the xneicol ( spelt wrong no doubt ) Lost over 10 stone but still over weight ....
My sister tried the shakes didn't last a day
My nan had a gastric band

So they have all tried different ways of weight loss they don't like that I don't eat but I supported them do they are not too bad to be honest my close friends no what I'm doing and I don't really care to be honest what they think

Yes it helps to have supportive people around you but if they don't give them the 2 fingers ( naughty I no )

But this is hard thought without ppl bring negative !!!

Back