Lipotrim Test - update

RoarkMan

I joined the forum less than two weeks ago, looking for more info about Lipotrim. I have been on Atkins for several months, but after plateauing for a few weeks, I wanted to get a boost and a friend had used LT successfully.

Less than two weeks ago I decided to try a food replacement diet called Lipotrim, which puts you in ketosis. I did this because I had plateaued on Atkins after losing quite a bit of weight over 4 months. Since it was based on ketosis and have a good friend who has been successful on Lipotrim, I thought I would give it a shot.

Well, after a week on LT I was hit by gall stones which was not very nice at all. I looked for some info and answers and I found that it is quite common for people on these kind of diets to get gall stones.

Either way, since I do not enjoy the horrible pain, I went back to eating as I used to on Atkins. At least I lost roughly 9lbs on LT before the gall stones hit me.

I do not think I will deviate like that again. This diet has been very good to me. I am enjoying it and seeing great results.

You will still have to get your gallstones sorted hun, and it can also happen after a low carb diet like Atkins. It was too quick to be attributed solely to Lipotrim x Good luck with your weight loss

Gall stones :eek: Thankfully not a problem I've had, is it too much salt that's the cause?

I too was curious about Gall stones, and this is what I found....

What causes gallstones?

Scientists believe cholesterol stones form when bile contains too much cholesterol, too much bilirubin, or not enough bile salts, or when the gallbladder does not empty completely or often enough. The reason these imbalances occur is not known.
The cause of pigment stones is not fully understood. The stones tend to develop in people who have liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections, or hereditary blood disorders—such as sickle cell anemia—in which the liver makes too much bilirubin.
The mere presence of gallstones may cause more gallstones to develop. Other factors that contribute to the formation of gallstones, particularly cholesterol stones, include
  • Sex. Women are twice as likely as men to develop gallstones. Excess estrogen from pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy, and birth control pills appears to increase cholesterol levels in bile and decrease gallbladder movement, which can lead to gallstones.
  • Family history. Gallstones often run in families, pointing to a possible genetic link.
  • Weight. A large clinical study showed that being even moderately overweight increases the risk for developing gallstones. The most likely reason is that the amount of bile salts in bile is reduced, resulting in more cholesterol. Increased cholesterol reduces gallbladder emptying. Obesity is a major risk factor for gallstones, especially in women.
  • Diet. Diets high in fat and cholesterol and low in fiber increase the risk of gallstones due to increased cholesterol in the bile and reduced gallbladder emptying.
  • Rapid weight loss. As the body metabolizes fat during prolonged fasting and rapid weight loss—such as “crash diets”—the liver secretes extra cholesterol into bile, which can cause gallstones. In addition, the gallbladder does not empty properly.
  • Age. People older than age 60 are more likely to develop gallstones than younger people. As people age, the body tends to secrete more cholesterol into bile.
  • Ethnicity. American Indians have a genetic predisposition to secrete high levels of cholesterol in bile. In fact, they have the highest rate of gallstones in the United States. The majority of American Indian men have gallstones by age 60. Among the Pima Indians of Arizona, 70 percent of women have gallstones by age 30. Mexican American men and women of all ages also have high rates of gallstones.
  • Cholesterol-lowering drugs. Drugs that lower cholesterol levels in the blood actually increase the amount of cholesterol secreted into bile. In turn, the risk of gallstones increases.
  • Diabetes. People with diabetes generally have high levels of fatty acids called triglycerides. These fatty acids may increase the risk of gallstones.
Interesting huh??? Jx

Yes, interesting. Something I got from a Swedish doctor who is leading the low carb fight here is that carbohydrates create gall stones, but a high fat diet increases a gall stone outbreak, since the increased levels of bile flush the stones out of the bladder.

I have not had an attack since Monday now, so I am cautiously optimistic. If I get another, I will seek help for it.

That is an interesting post Jane, thank you love.

Back