liquid in slow cookers..how much

peggypig

Silver Member
:D I love using the slow cooker but I do find it makes more liquid with the steam hitting the lid and filling up what does everyone else do>? Add less stock?

Thanks

Most the recipes I have used had been off the slow cooker thread here so got less liquid in already. I make sure I only just cover everything, and then if there is still too much, take the lid off turn up to high for around half hour and it really reduces amount of liquid but it would need watching at this point to check nothings sticking etc.

Loving my new slow cooker! Trying so many new meals, and love stews but tend to make too much to fit in my oven so perfect for my slow cooker. hope that helps :)

If you are converting a recipe for use in the slow cooker then the general advice is to halve the amount of liquid you use.

When you fill up the slow cooker remember that no liquid will be lost. So when you look in if there is too much liquid then the final meal will have too much too.

If there is too much liquid, just pour into a saucepan and boil some off on the hob.

Trick is to think about the amount of liquid at the start = the amount of liquid at the end.

Back