Liquids / Water

Auburn

x x x
Hello!

I know we are all brainwashed to drink water - glug glug, etc. a couple or more litres a day, and usually, I am fine with that, easily getting through 3 litres... Does anyone else have phases where they just literally can not drink a thing? I am seriously struggling at the moment, last night I had 3 glasses of different drinks, and a cuppa tea, lined up on the coffee table, but I just could not drink anything. Everytime I put a cup / glass to my mouth, I wanted to gag, it's really strange. I'm not pregnant, it's just a thing that's happening... Only it has been about 3 or 4 days, and I'm starting to get headaches, so forcing water so I'm not too dehydrated, but it's awful...

I've tried - water, squash / diluting juice, fruit juices, tea, coffee, milk, cold teas and coffee, hot water with lemon, fizzy drinks, flattened fizzy drinks, even vodka n coke, just to get some liquids, and I actually cannot manage more than maybe two glasses a day...

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this weirdness...!

Just remember that, in addition to food, you only need to drink 1.2 ltres a day on average, so it's not necessary to force very much down if you're not thirsty. I just drink when I want to, and never water, usually coffee, as I really don't care for cold drinks, especially yucky water, lol. :) xx

I'm the same at times. When I was a kid I wasn't allowed a lot to drink, we used to travel a lot and I wasn't allowed to drink anything before/during the travel, so I suppose I got used to only 1/2 glasses a day. So I don't really get thirsty a lot. I also gag when trying to drink more. I find ice cold water works better for me.

If I understand my diet correctly, I do not need to 'Drink' any water and I have not done so in a while, my body absorbs all the water it needs from the food I eat.

RDA has got to be a clever little marketing ploy by the water company's. The best way to see if you need it is by the colour of your Urine, it should be Clear to Yellow or Yellow to Clear, Google what colour should my urine be.

I am thirsty all the time but I too have days where drinking makes me feel sick. I will try to have favourite drinks like fruit shoot and fanta zero just to get some liquid inside me.

In contrast, on a good day I will drink three litres of tap water and go to bed still thirsty!

Auburn, I didn't know either so I googled it. It is 80% vegan and raw food with 10% protein from non animal sources and 10% fat :)

you almost got it there K, yes it is a Vegan plan 80% carbs 10% protein and 10% fat, no food is cooked or dehydrated and so the water content in the fruit or veg is high, thus my reason for not drinking any water.

Soda or hot beverages should not be mistaken for a substitute for Water

I find when I am not healthy eating i'm always thirsty and can easily drink a ton but when I am following my plan my body absorbs the water it needs from my foot and i'm less thirsty. I do try to drink a litre a day though by just sipping throughout the day.

Princess_Ruthy said:
I find when I am not healthy eating i'm always thirsty and can easily drink a ton but when I am following my plan my body absorbs the water it needs from my foot and i'm less thirsty. I do try to drink a litre a day though by just sipping throughout the day.

That's right, you're meant to get a lot of what you need from food, hence only needing to actually drink around 1.2 litres. :) xx

This myth came about in the 50's. research was done and a report came out saying we need 2l of water a day. But what the report also said that is often ignored is that 75% of this actually comes from the foods we eat if we have a healthy diet full of veg etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This myth came about in the 50's. research was done and a report came out saying we need 2l of water a day. But what the report also said that is often ignored is that 75% of this actually comes from the foods we eat if we have a healthy diet full of veg etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Absolutely, Kat! All you do by drinking loads more than you need is condemn yourself to spending half the day on the loo, lol. :) xx

Back