liquoricet's diary of a penguin runner

Oh yeah, food!
B - two poached eggs on waffle (1)
L - skinless chicken
T - sea bass with kohlrabi, peppers, crushed new potatoes and a sauce that had marg and flour in - not stressing as had just been for a 6.5k run
S - lolly (3 syns & 4 syns for skinny hot chocolate at Costa) hexa, 2 liberte yoghurts , fruit & meringue (4.5)
Hexb - benefit bars

Total - 12.5 (maybe 15 including tea)

It's great when buying clothes gets easier, even better when they are a bargain! Well done on the new dress size :D

Dress looks lovely. Well done!!!
I love a good bargain too. Especially when you have to start to replace everything in your wardrobe.
I'm keeping my eyes open on ebay for any job lots of clothes.

Wow!! Well done

Thank you. Now I want that scale to move again next week so bar a hen night I need to stick to plan.

I guess if I stick to gin and diet bitter lemon when I'm out it might not be too bad?

So the plan today:
B - usual waffle and egg (1)
L - jacket potato & bolognaise with lots of veg in, cheese (hexa)
T - fishcakes from sw book, sw chips & butternut squash chips, sweet corn, carrots, cauliflower. Too full for pudding!! Blob of Mayo - 2syns?

S - 2 x benefit bars (hexb) lots of strawberries, liberte yoghurt (1), curly wurly (5.5), cadburys finger (1.5) Ice lolly - 2.5 syns

Total 13.5 syns

Must make sure dh doesn't eat too many fishcakes so I can have them cold for lunch - maybe with bulgar wheat and salad.

Last edited:
Tomorrow's my horrible long day (830-7) at work.

Here's my plan:
B- waffle & egg (1)
L - amazing salad with fishcakes, noodles, peppers, lettuce, cucumber yum! Liberte yoghurt and raspberries/blueberries (1)
S - 2 benefit bars (hexb), a second free yoghurt & more berries
T - more fishcakes, salad with cucumber, peppers, spring onion, a little bit of pasta with cheese (hexa - also had milk in tea)

Slightly messed up - bought a packet of spods/jelly buttons. Belatedly counted them 13 syns.

Total 15 syns

Last edited:
Off work today after small threw up in the night twice. Unimpressed as have to use holidays and no run for me as dh is away on business. (May see if neighbour will babysit tonight).

So I'm having a green day.
B- egg & waffle (1 syn)
L - jacket potato & 28g cheddar (hexa)
T - linguine with rocket pesto incl parmesan (hexa)
S - 2x benefit bars (hexb), 2nd hexb tbc,
Curly wurly (5.5)
Gin -12
Bowl reduced fat ice cream (but threw some away) 8?

Total 26.5 oops

Last edited:
Oh don't worry about your run. You don't have to exercise to lose weight, it'll happen just with food optimising.
Hope the little one is feeling better.

Thanks Jennie, shockingly I'm actually missing stretching my legs. Looking sadly at the evening sunshine. Ho hum.

My in laws are up tomorrow so if I'm lucky I'll get out in the day, otherwise I'll escape tomorrow night. I'm working Saturday am so I might as well get my high from running rather than gin/wine!

I ended up going over my syns yesterday. I had a couple of extra gins and a bowl of ice cream (reduced fat) with squeezy chocolate. I knew it was foolish but still got it out. Half way through I threw it away. I was eating because I'd wanted a run and felt resentful. Progress though as I put half down the sink.

Today's food:
B - waffle & egg (1 syn)
S - 2 benefit bars (hexb), ribena lolly (5 syns), gin - finished the last bit (5 syns)
L - jacket potato and prawns with reduced fat sauce - 3 syns
T - salmon & dill bake - yum

Total 14

I ended up going over my syns yesterday. I had a couple of extra gins and a bowl of ice cream (reduced fat) with squeezy chocolate. I knew it was foolish but still got it out. Half way through I threw it away. I was eating because I'd wanted a run and felt resentful. Progress though as I put half down the sink. Today's food: B - waffle & egg (1 syn) S - 2 benefit bars (hexb), ribena lolly (5 syns), gin - finished the last bit (5 syns) L - jacket potato and prawns with reduced fat sauce - 3 syns T - salmon & dill bake - yum Total 14

Well done with the ice cream. The salmon and fill sounds delicious.

I'm trying this park run malarkey out this morning, see how it goes. So long as I'm not last I'll be happy lol

Had a very nice day yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were on plan, tea wasn't bad but went to revolucion de Cuba in Manchester. I had a papaya and mango salad with grilled chicken and mashed sweet potato on the side.

It was a hen night and I enjoyed the cocktails! I had a few 'skinny mojitas', caiprinha, diet coke & Bacardi and 2 glasses of wine. Heaven knows how many syns - can we just say a lot? I feel ok today as I also drank a soda water each time I had a drink.

I also danced loads and today got right back on track with porridge for breakfast and pork and rice for lunch.

Tea is going to be roast chicken & veg. I'm aiming for a 5 syn day!

Well done!!!

I had a generally greedy day yesterday until I went to bed. Definitely over syn wise. Back on it today and hoping that having 6 days on plan will undo any damage.

Today was an unplanned green day as no time for egg on waffle. Instead I had porridge with milk & fruit (hexa/b)
S - liberte (1), fruit, 2x HiFi (hexb), fudge (5.5)
L - jacket potato & cheese (hexa), liberte yoghurt/fruit for pud (1)
T - pasta, mushroom sauce using ff fromage frais & mushrooms. Yum

Couple of g&t to finish.
Total -14

I thought I'd gone over yesterday but it turns out gin bottle lids are about 15mls which is what I've been having as a gin and diet bitter lemon. So my '4' gins was really 2. Bonus!

Anyway today was an ee day.
B - egg & waffle (1)
L - jacket potato, salmon & mixed veg
T - homemade pasta carbonara with peppers & brocolli & a sprinkling (8g) of parmesan - I'll call it my hexa as had milk in tea too
S - fudge (5.5), 2x HiFi bars (hexb), sweet (1)
Think I'll have a gin & bitter lemon as I didn't mess up yesterday after all.
Total - 13

Last edited:
Scales still not budging.
Food today:
B - egg & waffle (1)
S - slice weetabix cake (3.5), hifi bars (hexb)
L - TBC
T - harissa lamb with veg bulgar wheat/couscous (sw recipe)

Back