Lisaberry's Extra Easy Adventure

Thanks for the responses. I have no kettle/fridge/microwave at work so my lunch options are limited...plus I generally don't even have time to take a lunch and eat at my desk so stinky things are off the menu too.

im full of excuses which is half my problem I know but I just don't see where people get the time for batch cooking etc, with work, kids activities, husband being away a fair bit, me being the secretary of my sons football team I don't seem to have a minute to think - it would be easier if my husband would eat what I do but he won't touch most stuff.
looking back, I'm shocked about the lack of veg I have eaten bar salad. I keep cauliflower and broccoli in the freezer and I normally have swede all the time so it's weird and totally not like me. I think it's because I was enjoying eating the mash so much and it goes so well with salad that I just didn't fancy anything else.

i can't get my head around the not eating enough thing, not saying you are wrong I just find it so hard to understand. Perhaps more so as when I lost all my weight after my first child (5 stone 4 in 11 months to get to 9 stone 3) I did it all on red days and definitely didn't eat more than I have been. I never ate breakfast, usually had a salad for lunch and then had chicken and veg for tea with milk as my a and alpens as my b.

i feel like crying right now. Big fat sorry for myself tears, which is stupid of me as I'm normally pretty good nowadays at putting things in perspective...there are a million people who would happily take my weight woes over whatever they are going through. Sometimes though, you just want to get things right and I don't feel like anything has been going right lately and this is just another failure.
ARGH, snap out of it woman!!

anyway.....I'm off plan tonight, it's the one day a year I don't cook and as hubs won't cook or take me out, valentines day is takeaway day. I'm going to try and get my head straight, I can't be a lardy mare again this summer, raaaah!

Lisaberry, dont feel sad, please, it will get better! i think that a good rule of thumb is think of how our parents ate, before convience food and packets. Its was meat, and two veg. so a third of the place meat, a third carbs and a third veg. Will your hubs not try that? its really good for the kids too. and breakfast is a must, even if is just fruit and a yog, to get your body working and burning ful, otherwise it wont use the fat it will just keep hold of it.This is why everyone says they cant believe how much they eat. You body starts to work properly and you eat what you need to be well. Is that any help?

Gutted for u hunny. But keep going + try eating more as discussed. Lady in my class had 2lb gain (like u had no reason for it) but kept going + wk after lost 7lb sometimes our bodies do strange things for no apparent reason.

Hope u don't mind me asking but how much have u too loose to get back to target?

As for hubbys meals try sw recipes that whole family can eat. Ie spag bol, pasta carbonara, curry + rice, hm burgers etc. Sausage, mash + beans. That way sw is a healthy eating family plan. Don't tell him is cooked using fry light not oil etc.

Think you'll find it works better for you too. Proper food just cooked healthier. X

Thanks for the responses. I have no kettle/fridge/microwave at work so my lunch options are limited...plus I generally don't even have time to take a lunch and eat at my desk so stinky things are off the menu too.

im full of excuses which is half my problem I know but I just don't see where people get the time for batch cooking etc, with work, kids activities, husband being away a fair bit, me being the secretary of my sons football team I don't seem to have a minute to think - it would be easier if my husband would eat what I do but he won't touch most stuff.
looking back, I'm shocked about the lack of veg I have eaten bar salad. I keep cauliflower and broccoli in the freezer and I normally have swede all the time so it's weird and totally not like me. I think it's because I was enjoying eating the mash so much and it goes so well with salad that I just didn't fancy anything else.

i can't get my head around the not eating enough thing, not saying you are wrong I just find it so hard to understand. Perhaps more so as when I lost all my weight after my first child (5 stone 4 in 11 months to get to 9 stone 3) I did it all on red days and definitely didn't eat more than I have been. I never ate breakfast, usually had a salad for lunch and then had chicken and veg for tea with milk as my a and alpens as my b.

i feel like crying right now. Big fat sorry for myself tears, which is stupid of me as I'm normally pretty good nowadays at putting things in perspective...there are a million people who would happily take my weight woes over whatever they are going through. Sometimes though, you just want to get things right and I don't feel like anything has been going right lately and this is just another failure.
ARGH, snap out of it woman!!

anyway.....I'm off plan tonight, it's the one day a year I don't cook and as hubs won't cook or take me out, valentines day is takeaway day. I'm going to try and get my head straight, I can't be a lardy mare again this summer, raaaah!

Dont Cry and be so sad! enjoy your dinner tonight.

When I had my children I lost the weight really easy, but have found that now I am in my 40's my body reacts differently to things. I seems to hit 35 and boom the weight piled on and I was eating no different to the years before. Time to re think I guess honey.

I sit once a week and plan all my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners based on what everyone else is doing. Hubby works nights, Son is at football, daughter is dancing, cubs and scouts and I work full time. My slow cooker is my best friend, through everything in the night before and turn on when I get up in the morning and dinner will be ready for everyone at what ever time they need it. I also make two of most things and freeze them for another day, saves so much time.

My hubby also does not eat a lot of the same meals as us due to times and likes etc.

You will get there, think about how far you have come already! :grouphugg:

Firstly, I think you've been very brave today. I think it's difficult to admit that you've had a gain and to re-evaluate the way you've been doing things. So well done.

A couple of things jump out at me. Firstly, I think it's time for you to be a bit selfish and put YOUR wants and needs in a priority position for a while. It seems that you're saying that your family won't eat the things you need to eat to stay on plan, but I presume they haven't been eating the same as you this week? So you have been preparing evening meals for yourself and one for the rest of the family? If you tell us what they will eat I'm sure we can help you find SW alternatives that they won't even know are SW foods. (My boys love most of the SW dinners I make for them and actually ask for a few things)

Lunches - Have you thought about buying a little cool bag? You can freeze a couple of juice cartons and put them into the bag alongside cottage cheese or salads to keep them cool. You could have sandwiches using your HexB.

Batch cooking - I think you think this means cooking a ton of different things which take hours! A big pot of ragu sauce will take 15 minutes to prepare and about an hour to book on a low heat and will make a good four meals. Curries are brilliant as well (if you like them!) and soups! Have you got a slow cooker?

I'm a single parent to 2 boys and I work full time. I do understand how hard it all can be, but making a commitment to yourself is OK you know? It's OK to say "I need an hour in the kitchen to sort out some food for the week" and let them all get on with it.

Firstly, I think you've been very brave today. I think it's difficult to admit that you've had a gain and to re-evaluate the way you've been doing things. So well done.

A couple of things jump out at me. Firstly, I think it's time for you to be a bit selfish and put YOUR wants and needs in a priority position for a while. It seems that you're saying that your family won't eat the things you need to eat to stay on plan, but I presume they haven't been eating the same as you this week? So you have been preparing evening meals for yourself and one for the rest of the family? If you tell us what they will eat I'm sure we can help you find SW alternatives that they won't even know are SW foods. (My boys love most of the SW dinners I make for them and actually ask for a few things)

Lunches - Have you thought about buying a little cool bag? You can freeze a couple of juice cartons and put them into the bag alongside cottage cheese or salads to keep them cool. You could have sandwiches using your HexB.

Batch cooking - I think you think this means cooking a ton of different things which take hours! A big pot of ragu sauce will take 15 minutes to prepare and about an hour to book on a low heat and will make a good four meals. Curries are brilliant as well (if you like them!) and soups! Have you got a slow cooker?

I'm a single parent to 2 boys and I work full time. I do understand how hard it all can be, but making a commitment to yourself is OK you know? It's OK to say "I need an hour in the kitchen to sort out some food for the week" and let them all get on with it.

Here Here totally agree!

I have changed lots of my meals to fit SW and most are now favorites with my children. (hubby will eat some, but would prefer not too given a choice)

Gutted for u hunny. But keep going + try eating more as discussed. Lady in my class had 2lb gain (like u had no reason for it) but kept going + wk after lost 7lb sometimes our bodies do strange things for no apparent reason.

Hope u don't mind me asking but how much have u too loose to get back to target?

As for hubbys meals try sw recipes that whole family can eat. Ie spag bol, pasta carbonara, curry + rice, hm burgers etc. Sausage, mash + beans. That way sw is a healthy eating family plan. Don't tell him is cooked using fry light not oil etc.

Think you'll find it works better for you too. Proper food just cooked healthier. X

two weeks ago I had 1 stone 5 to get to 9 stone 7...today 1 stone 11. So I've put on nearly half a stone in 2 weeks. I haven't had any alcohol, take always or anything. I'm a bit miffed. I'm not saying I've been an angel the week before but for that kind of gain you would expect something naughty to stick out?

At the weekend I do try and cook nice family dinners though half the time we are so busy with football training, football matches, my husband's football and other things we have to do outside the house that its pretty difficult to actually find time to cook and sit down and eat. During the week hubs and I are lucky to be home before the kids are in bed let alone in time to all eat together. I often wish I lived in my parents era where I would get to be at home all day rather than stuck in an office (lol, this is what happens when you are fed up with your job but can't afford to go back to uni to retrain as a midwife, you get all 1950's ) but unfortunately I can't so my circumstances won't change anytime soon. My daughter (who is 3) is great, she will try anything and loves my homemade cottage pies, spag bols, sausages etc. my 6 year old son on the other hand is an absolute nightmare. He doesn't like anything in sauce (gravy, spag Bol sauce etc) so I can't even hide veg. He poo poo's my slimming world chips (tbh I don't really like them either, and I've tried other people's and so I don't think it's the way I make them) and them my hubs doesn't like anything with spice in it, won't eat much veg and only eats pasta if its smothered in melted cheese. I actually quite like it when he is abroad as I don't have to cook his crud!

i will crack this though...think I might book myself onto a time management course at work, see if it gives me any tips I can bring home with me ha ha!

Sorry just to rant on, sometimes I think I need to get it out just to be able to draw a line under it and move on!

Thanks, what you say really makes sense to me. I think I'm thinking its more difficult than it is. Failing before I start.
I might even get some kind of family planner going, try and block some time in to get the things done i need to do!

I can do this
i will do this
i am not the only mum in the world who is short on time.

Get over it
get on with it!!!!!

I can do this
i will do this

Get over it
get on with it!!!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself!

Here's a plan for you
Cook something that you & your daughter will eat for dinner (like spag Bol, or chilli, curry etc).
Take a portion to work the next day in a food flask. No stinkyness from heating it up at work.
I would say that your best bet would be to buy a food flask.
If you think you can manage it, make a double batch. Put enough in the freezer to give you another meal in the week without you needing to cook.

Buy frozen mixed peppers, frozen chopped onions & the frozen blocks of garlic etc. that way you don't need to spend time cutting stuff up.

Use your slow cooker. I sometimes chuck some chicken, mixed peppers, spices, herbs & passata in my slow cooker before I go to bed. Then spoon it into my food flask before I leave in the morning. Don't even need to cut up the chicken- just break it up. Make a lively tasty & filling stew.

two weeks ago I had 1 stone 5 to get to 9 stone 7...today 1 stone 11. So I've put on nearly half a stone in 2 weeks. I haven't had any alcohol, take always or anything. I'm a bit miffed. I'm not saying I've been an angel the week before but for that kind of gain you would expect something naughty to stick out?

At the weekend I do try and cook nice family dinners though half the time we are so busy with football training, football matches, my husband's football and other things we have to do outside the house that its pretty difficult to actually find time to cook and sit down and eat. During the week hubs and I are lucky to be home before the kids are in bed let alone in time to all eat together. I often wish I lived in my parents era where I would get to be at home all day rather than stuck in an office (lol, this is what happens when you are fed up with your job but can't afford to go back to uni to retrain as a midwife, you get all 1950's ) but unfortunately I can't so my circumstances won't change anytime soon. My daughter (who is 3) is great, she will try anything and loves my homemade cottage pies, spag bols, sausages etc. my 6 year old son on the other hand is an absolute nightmare. He doesn't like anything in sauce (gravy, spag Bol sauce etc) so I can't even hide veg. He poo poo's my slimming world chips (tbh I don't really like them either, and I've tried other people's and so I don't think it's the way I make them) and them my hubs doesn't like anything with spice in it, won't eat much veg and only eats pasta if its smothered in melted cheese. I actually quite like it when he is abroad as I don't have to cook his crud!

i will crack this though...think I might book myself onto a time management course at work, see if it gives me any tips I can bring home with me ha ha!

Sorry just to rant on, sometimes I think I need to get it out just to be able to draw a line under it and move on!

If you cant rant on here to us lot, who can you rant to????

Use your slow cooker. I sometimes chuck some chicken, mixed peppers, spices, herbs & passata in my slow cooker before I go to bed. Then spoon it into my food flask before I leave in the morning. Don't even need to cut up the chicken- just break it up. Make a lively tasty & filling stew.

Is it silly that I've never thought of putting it on overnight to be ready for he next day!! I may even have a food flask somewhere!!! That would be perfect!
if I was going to give what I had cooked to my daughter for tea how would I keep it? Would it need to be cooled and put in the fridge or would it just be ok left in the sc switched off all day and then reheated for tea?

I can do this
i will do this

Get over it
get on with it!!!!!

I hope you didn't think that I was brushing off your feelings when I said I work and am a single mum! I just meant that it's really important to have some time dedicated to you in order to be able to plan and cook for yourself. It IS hard, I totally understand where you're coming from. My two are older so can be left to their own devices much more these days. :D

Is it silly that I've never thought of putting it on overnight to be ready for he next day!! I may even have a food flask somewhere!!! That would be perfect!
if I was going to give what I had cooked to my daughter for tea how would I keep it? Would it need to be cooled and put in the fridge or would it just be ok left in the sc switched off all day and then reheated for tea?

Hmm, I have a cast iron stomach so I just leave it in there & heat it up again later on, but if it's your daughter you might want to put it in the fridge.

I also sometimes completely forget & leave it on all day. Never seems to do it any harm

I hope you didn't think that I was brushing off your feelings when I said I work and am a single mum! I just meant that it's really important to have some time dedicated to you in order to be able to plan and cook for yourself. It IS hard, I totally understand where you're coming from. My two are older so can be left to their own devices much more these days. :D

No, not at all but I do need to 'woman up' a bit...and my youngest is 3 now so it's not like I can't leave her to play in her room while I do something else. I just need to get out of this rut and feeling sorry for myself will only lead to chocolate abuse. I guess I should be thankful that my valentines present from hubs is a box of chocolates I can't stand...if he had bought me Cadbury's I'd be in even more trouble with the scales lol!

Hmm, I have a cast iron stomach so I just leave it in there & heat it up again later on, but if it's your daughter you might want to put it in the fridge.

I also sometimes completely forget & leave it on all day. Never seems to do it any harm

I am with you on that one! They do hold there heat for ages, I tend to leave it to cool overnight (left overs) and put in the fridge in the morning, or freeze and my 10 year old and 14 year have come to no harm! LOL

How's this wk going Lisa? X

Back