Lisa's atkin diet

lisahhump

Hi everyone,

After a few false starts I started again today (Easter eggs distracted me!). A bloke on a train on Saturday night told me to breathe in as I walked past so that gave me some ammunition to start. Anyway can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track?

Breakfast
Bacon
Soya milk in tea ( first day back at work so not hungry)

Snack
2oz cheese

Lunch
Turkey salad - with 1 tomato, mayo 1oz cheese

Dinner
Sausages
Cauliflower
Sprouts
Cheese 1oz
Sour cream - 2tbsps
Butter

Snack
Philly and 2 cubes of bourneville dark chocolate

Sneaky glass of red wine

Using Atkins carb counter it says I've had 22 net carbs today not feeling hungry really so feel like I'm not doing it right

Hi lisa and welcome. Well done getting started back after easter.

Assume that you have low carb sausages - do keep an eye open as some are very carby.

I'm afraid i wouldn't recommend the chocolate at this stage even though fairly small number carbs while you are getting going - it's really useful to let your tastes change if possible and it could keep giving you an insulin kick in the evening which would potentially make you stall.

Good luck

Hi Lisa, welcome!

Your menu sounds good but I agree with Kat1e about the chocolate - really best to avoid until you're further down the line.

Also, if you're in Induction, there's absolutely no alcohol allowed I'm afraid. You're trying to get your body to switch from burning carbs as its primary energy source to burning dietary fat and body fat instead, the state of ketosis in other words. Alcohol interferes with the process because the body will burn that in preference to fat, which we definitely do not want, especially when starting out.

Otherwise, good job so far, and good luck!

Thanks guys for your help, I thought the chocolate was pushing it ha, ha.

Today is going good feeling a bit rough in my mouth do had sugar free gum- is this allowed?

B- bacon and tea with alpro unsweetened soya milk

Snack - 2oz cheese

Lunch - turkey salad 1 tomato, mayo cheese

Dinner - aubergines, courgettes, garlic, passata, Parma ham and Parmesan

Snack???

An struggling with sugar a bit any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 3 and feeling constipated oh dear. Also want sugar so badly!!! Looked in the new Atkins book and it had a recipe with 2tbsp double cream 1tbsp unsweetened cocoa and sachet of sweetener it said you could eat it in phase 1 but tasted too nice?
Breakfast - scrambled egg with butter and soya milk

Snack- cheese

Lunch - turkey salad with mayo

Tea - quorn chicken., cauliflower and cabbage

Snack - yummy chocolate thing above

Feel tired today, not much energy but drank loads of water and bit of diet coke

Is it ok to drink tea and coffee? Had 3 cups today with soya milk

Hang in there - this is the tough bit. Eat when hungry, tons of water, take it easy, tea and coffee fine. If you feel rough try drinking hot chicken stock (if you have a low carb one) - sometimes you need the salts

Right forgot to post yesterday - maybe that was due to my minor ice cream issue! I really struggled last nite - Fridays are relaxing drinking wine and eating junk in my house - my hubbie cycles 12km a day do basically can eat what he wants - I don't but generally eat what he does hence my bmi of 28!!

So I was so proud that I stuck to my diet all week that I ruined it with ice cream! Anyway had a word and got on it again today - made my first oopsie which weren't quite like everyone else's but tasted ok so good to know that are available as kind of bread substitute

B - eggs and mushrooms
Lunch- bacon salad and poached egg
Tea - chilli - this was sooo yummy I don't usually eat rice with it anyway do didn't miss it

Snack - oopsie and Atkins chocolate bar - I've read they can stall you but after ice cream I had a choc craving this helped it lots so will only use in emergency

Hope everyone's had a good week - scales show a loss of 4lbs which I'm happy with.

Day 7 wow - net up with my parents and took my 3 year old to dragons exhibition at York - not worth the money and I'm scared of heights so Clifford tower was quite amusing! Also promised him a gingerbread man so a trip to Thomas the baker ensued - that was very hard to ignore the iced fingers so pegged it to boots for atkins bar

B- oopsie and bacon
Lunch - cheese and ham
Tea - quorn cheese sauce, cabbage, sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower - ignored the yorkies

Snack - atkins bar

Bought some flax seed mill today to experiment

Well done avoiding stuff and that's exactly what the bars are for:)

Followed tips to use my fitness pal - its fab thanks

Got weighed this morning and dropped 3lbs on my first week of induction - had a few wine blips and bit of dark choc so was quite happy with that

B - bacon tea with alprazolam
L - bacon salad with mayo
S - cheese
T - cauliflower mash and flax meal bread

Don't feel particularly hungry today but MFP says I'm not eating enough protein 20% yesterday so think I need to up the meat. I used to be veggie so I'm struggling a bit with this but will keep trying

Cauliflower mash was delish OH got very excited and I had to stab him away from it - will need to make enough for him next time!

It's the clinical name for Xanax - anti-anxiety happy pills ;)

Back