Step 1 Sole Source Lisa's journey

Leesa

Hi,

I started the Cambridge Diet today after visiting my consultant this morning. I need to lose 64.5lbs :/

I have done Lipotrim before and got to goal but i did not reintroduce food successfully which is why i am back to square one!!!

I decided to try CD as i think i need the support and guidance from a consultant during refeeding as this is where i seem to fail.

B (had this at 13:30 cos went to see consultant at 10am then went to the pictures lol) - apple and cinnamon porridge (7/10 taste points)
L (had at 17:00 - see above!) - mushroom soup (7/10 taste points)
T (will be having at 20:00) - chocolate orange shake (will update taste points later)
Drinks - 3 x 500ml - green tea and 3 x 750ml - water Total - 3250ml

Feeling - fine, thought i had a headache brewing earlier but that has disappeared now, don't feel hungry but looking forward to my shake later.

Lisa x

Congrats and well

Done. Here's to a new u. I start a week today - cant wait to get rid of this fat xxxx

Thank you maryam good luck for when you start!!

Day 2

B - maple and pecan porridge (8/10 taste points)
L - fruits of the forest shake (9/10 taste points)
T - spicy tomato soup (8/10 taste points)

Feeling - great!!!! no headache no fuzziness - seem to have more energy too - waiting for the slump of the 3rd and 4th days but fingers crossed i continue to feel as good as i do at the minute. Don't feel hungry but tummy is gurgling with all the liquid lol.

U are def doin it all right by the sounds of it. Well done. Not long for me to start. In thinking I did start being a little careful, maybe slowly cut out carbs in preparation. What do u think?

Hey, I started ss on Friday so now on day 5!! I've chosen to only have the chocolate shakes as I didn't like anything else! I'm still feeling hungry but I have so much more energy!! I started at 13st 2lbs & want to get down to 9st 10lb so hopefully I'll achieve this before June...fingers crossed.

Hi Maryam, It says in the CD book you get from your consultant that the best thing to do to make sure the side effects in the first week are minimal is to lower your carb intake before you start CD - so that sounds like a plan!! I haven't had any bad side effects yet although my head has felt like it has been brewing a headache all day but hasn't materialised yet lol - fingers crossed i dont have any effects considering the amount of potatoes and bread a shuved in my gob before i started!!!! lol Are you going to do a diary when you start?

Chantel - ello! wow you are only having chocolate shakes :O I don't think i could keep it up with just one flavour and i kinda like the 'bits' in the porridge and soup cos it makes me feel like i am actually eating!!! Good Luck with your journey and let me know how you get on - do you have a diary i can follow?

B - original porridge (9/10 taste points - slightly strange vanilla taste to it but i kinda liked that!)
L - Oriental spicy soup (9/10 taste points - could have eaten three of these!! yummy)
T - chocolate mint shake (9/10 taste points - had it cold but apparently you can heat it?)

Feeling - still great!!!! dull head but no throbbing or owt - don't feel tired or shaky - in fact - feeling ticketybum :p My fella felt my bum last night (tmi?) and told me he thought it was getting smaller - cheeky git - bet he thought he was on a promise - mwahahaha takes more than that matey :D

Hi Lisa, your doing great and seem really positive which is fab :) I'm on day 18, this is the first time j have done cd and like yourself had no side effects and have felt great. Long may it continue. Look forward to following your journey

I agree - Lisa you hav a real positive energy about u and ill need sum of that for when I start. Yes you can heat up ure choc shakes in particular - it's as if ure having hot chocolate - it's really very nice. Good on u for trying diff flavours but the last time I did this I gagged on all of them bar the choc and strawberry - so my good diary I'm afraid wont be as exciting as yours lol! Keep up the good work and don't forget up inform us of ure first weigh in xxxx

I can't wait for my weigh in and will definately report my loss here! I have a whole load of different flavours to try and seem to like them all - in fact they are tasting better the more i have them! Thanks for your comments - i do feel very positive - the thought of hitting target makes me smile :D

B - strawberry shake (9/10 taste points - tasted like real strawberry smoothie!)
L - chicken and mushroom soup (9/10 taste points - my points system is basically saying i love any food lol)
T - maple and peacan porridge (9/10 taste points - seco9nd time of having this and tasted better than the first!)
Drinks - 4 x 500ml - green tea and 3 x 750ml - water Total - 3750ml

Feeling - had a slight headache last night when went to bed but my fella's magic hand fixed it! (basically just flopping his hand on my head until i sleep lol) Woke this morning 30 mins before the alarm and had a chat with my fella then read my book! Energy is definately increasing - you usually cannot get a civil word out of me in the morning ;) I am reliable informed i have ketosis breath - deep joy!!!

Lol. Love it. My Councillor came today to give me my products although I start Monday because I'm
Goin away on the weekend. Only got boring old chocolate and strawberry and choc mint for when I feel like a warm drink. She advised I add ice to my shakes as they taste better. How much are you hoping to lose if u don't mind me asking x

Hi maryam - my starting weight was 14st 3.5lbs and i hope to get to 9st at some point before i die!! i told my consultant on monday that my ultimate goal would be 8st 9lbs - i am 5ft 3" so that would give me a bmi of 21.5 and also some pounds to play with at the tomt or xmas. I may get to 10st and think i feel fine now or i may look ill if i lose more - but we will see - at the min i just want to be under 14st!!! then 13, 12, 11, 10....

B - apple and cinnamon porridge (see above for taste points)
L - vegetable soup (7/10 taste points - was a bit bleurghh but i forced it down my neck - as you do when ya have bog all else!)
T - banana shake (10/10 taste points - love love loved it!!!)
Drinks - 4 x 500ml - green tea and 2 x 750ml - water Total - 3750ml

Feeling - had a slight headache last night when went to bed but my fella's magic hand fixed it! (basically just flopping his hand on my head until i sleep lol) Woke this morning 30 mins before the alarm and had a chat with my fella then read my book! Energy is definately increasing - you usually cannot get a civil word out of me in the morning ;) I am reliable informed i have ketosis breath - deep joy!!!

grrrr forgot to put how i am feeling and when i tried to edit it wouldnt save - pfft

here it is

Feeling - feel fine - no dodginess - ermmmm poo fairy arrived this morning - first time since monday - mega cramps came on suddenly and made me late for work lol - ermmmm thats it really hehe tmi?

You'll get there Lisa...especially since you're enjoying ure Cambridge products so much. I luv the way u make them sound as If they are a gourmet meal or a scrumptious bar of chocolate lol!
U will have dips no doubt. Are u feeling any different with urself, clothes wise?! Maybe it's too early to tell. I've got few days to go. Excited and nervous all at the same time. X

I've bought green tea and peppermint tea. Find the green tea vile but keep getting told its fab best burner. I wonder if we are allowed sweeteners with it?

Hi maryam,

I think you are allowed clicky sweeters but not granulated stuff - i bought tetley teabag that have a mix of normal tea and green tea in them, i have them at home then clipper pure green tea at work.

I think i am enjoying the shakes so much because i have done lipotrim before and there were only three flavours of shakes and a vile chicken soup - two different types of bars too but both tasted like marmite to me lol.

banana milkshake was lush and i will definately be stocking up on them!!

went to see my 10 month old grandson today (i am 41 btw not 90 :p) so my fluids were not as good as usual will try to catch up on that tonight but i dont usually drink after 8pm cos i find i am up all night peeing!!

Mother's day tomorrow and i already got a card and book from my daughter and i have been reliably informed i have a card and flowers coming from my step daughter :) Tis my daughters first mothers day and she is so excited she has told her boyfriend she HAS to be taken for a meal - funny eh - she never took me ;). I sent my lovely mum a bouquet of flowers and a card - received a text when she got them saying she cried reading the card and had to redo her make-up lol softarse :p

B - strawberry shake
L - chocolate orange shake (gone off this leaves a funny taste in my mouth)
T - mushroom soup
Drinks - 550ml - green tea and 1750ml - water Total - 2300ml (will try to drink some more water but don't hold ya breath!)

Feeling - bloody marvelous :D

Hi there Lisa, once you get past the 1st week it will fly by. I'm on my 6th week now. Lost 20lbs in 5 weeks :) I only drink tetras and soups. I found all the packet shakes and porriges nauseating!
Good luck sticking to it and look forward to reading about your losses x

Lisa you are so well organised with all of this! I need to start measureing my water intake tooooo

Thank you sweetbunny and sugarised :D

Day 7 - Weigh day tomorrow!!!!!!

B - original porridge
L - vanilla shake heated upwith spoonful of coffee in it (9/10 tasted very sweet - but that aint a bad thing :p)
T - Oriental Chilli soup
Drinks - 1000ml - green tea and 1750ml - water Total - 2750ml (+ small black tea at the mother-in-laws)

Feeling - excited for weigh in tomorrow! :D

Well done and masses of good luck to you. I had my third child 4 months ago and can't believe how heavy I am. Must have been in denial! Can't wait to get started! Good luck xx

Back