Lisa's Weight loss Diary - 4st to Lose

Lisa84

Hi all, so i'm here to start my journey..... well thats not strictly true.... i am here to restart my journey, a journey i have started and stopped too many times to count. I am determined that this will be the last restart i do though and i am going to make this the start of my final journey to a skinnier me.

I have always chosen Slimming world as my diet of choice because....well because it's amazing and works for me.... when i stick to it.

As my username suggests my name is Lisa, i am a mum of twin boys, recently divorced but very happily in a new relationship. I managed to lose nearly 3 stone the last time i did SW, which was just before my wedding. Since then i have had twin boys which i think it is safe to say has completely changed my body in everyway possible. I find it alot harder to lose weight since having the boys than i ever did before. Before i could have 4 good days and 3 bad in a week and still have a good weightloss. Now i have to be alot more strict with myself in order to lose weight.

I have decided to start a diary because i don't really have time to go to group. I always liked the group environment and feeling like i was accountable to someone for the week i had. I'm hoping that coming here and having to document my week will give me the same kind of feeling and motivation.

I haven't managed to weigh myself just yet as i have no scales, but i am getting some after work today so will do an official starting weight later on.

I have piled on the weight since having my boys. I just never seemed to find the time to cook anything healthy and settled for convenience everytime. Thanks to the breakdown of my marriage and the beginning of a new relationship i have managed to put on even more weight. You know how it is at the start of a relationship, you are out all the time, going for meals, cinema with snacks etc..... but enough is enough. No more excuses now, i need to lose the weight!

Ideally i would like to lose a minimum of 5 stone. This is based on the last weight i was at a SW group around 2 months ago. Until i weigh myself officially i'm not sure of the exact figure.

I am going to set myself mini targets so it all feels a bit more managable.

I have been doing it again since Monday and i'm feeling very motivated. I am being well prepared and have the full support of my fella who wants to do it with me. He doesn't really have that much to lose but is doing it more for support. I also think it's because when i am doing SW properly i tend to cook a variety of really yummy meals rather than just bog standard crap!

So here we go..... lets do this!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Food stuff

Extra Easy
Breakfast - 2 x alpen light bars (HE) and fruit

Dinner - Homemade Tuna Pasta Bake (Syn Free)

Tea - I get the sneaky suspicion that it could be a takeaway tonight. I know, i know, not the best thing to have but it's the fellas turn to cook and even though i am only starting my diary today i have been doing it since Monday and we decided that we would have a treat night every week. It will no doubt be a chinese but we usually share and don't have a lot so the syn value will probably not be too bad
Drinks - Diet coke, water & Coffee (HE)

Lisa I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that :(

You'll do this. You'll find something inside of you to spur you on and get the weight gone like you've done before :bighug:

No need to feel bad about the takeaway. Just enjoy it and move on. At least you are aware that repeatedly having takeaways isn't the best idea in the long run. You are making a commitment to a lifestyle change so enjoy your meal with the fellas and keep going.

Awful weekend!! No time to shop or plan or cook anything so it has been fairly rubbish foodwise. Ive had a fab weekend though so its not all bad. Currently in llandudno eating an icecream.

Will do better next week and buy some scales so ill do my first official weigh in tomorrow xx

So i've decided i just can't do this on my own. I need to rejoin..... so tonight i am rejoining the group i used to go too. I said i didn't have time in my original post but i need to make this one of my priorities now because i'm really not happy with my weight. Inspite of my weight i have always been a fairly confident person but i'm finding my confidence slowly disappearing so i'm making time!

Luckily the boys go to their Dads on Wednesdays so thats not an issue, the only issue is is that when i don't have the boys i tend to plan to do things with my other half but i have found a class as well that runs on a Wednesday lunchtime near my work so if there is ever nights when i can't make it i can always go to the lunchtime class :) Sorted!!

So tonight will be my first official weigh in.... i'm dreading it!! I haven't weighed myself for about 4 months and i don't think it's going to make for good reading but i need to just remember that its the last time i will ever see that weight staring at me :) xx

Last edited:
Last nights first official weigh in wasn't nearly as bad as i thought..... a good 3 months being completely off plan and basically eating crap non stop has resulted in a maintain for me. Not quite sure how that happened but i'll definitely take it :hmm:

So i start my journey how i left it at 13st. To be fair i have been doing ALOT of walking since starting my new relationship. Michael, my other half, is from Liverpool so loves the countryside around us, so is constantly dragging me on walks whenever we get the chance. It's a shame we are coming into the winter months now and that is going to be harder to maintain because i really enjoy it :(

My first goal is to reach my club 10 which is 18lb away. I hope to get there by the end of January. I have given myself a fair amount of time to achieve this with having christmas to contend with. I would love to lose a stone for christmas too so i have a bit to play with.

First day food stuff

B -
Fruit with yogurt, 1 x alpen light (HEb)
Snack - 1 x alpen light (HEb)
D - Jacket potato with Beans
Drinks - Water & Coffee (HEa)
Syns - I haven't really planned any syns in yet but will no doubt go over my daily milk allowance. I'm very naughty and don't tend to measure my milk out. I don't tend to use my syns on a daily basis and will save them for a treat once a week. I'm not a massive chocolate fan and prefer savoury stuff so it is my main meals that i struggle with. Sort those and i've cracked it. I might sneak in a couple of the halloween treats i have for the trick or treaters tonight but we'll see.

My weekdays usually start with a green brekkie and lunch which i like because it then gives me the flexibility to either have an EE tea or if i'm feeling like i need the extra healthy extras i can continue with my green day. Red days very rarely happen..... i need the carbs haha :)
Not sure what i am having for tea tonight as Michael has his Aunt and Uncle over from Newcastle so i'll be meeting them for the first time. I don't think i'm having dinner with them but i'm not sure. I'm kind of hoping i can sort my own dinner and meet them later so i know that my first day is going to be completely on plan.

Heres to a good slimming world first day :)

Hi Lisa!

I too started my journey with 4 stones to lose, and I'm hoping to lose a further stone by New year. My weight losses have been small but consistent, so I mustn't grumble.

I found that measuring out milk first thing in the morning helps, I got a small measuring jug with a lid from the pound shop so I keep it in the fridge and use it for tea and coffee .

Good Luck x

Hi Lisa

a maintain is very good xx my mum went back last night after a month off and put on 15lbs OUCH!!!!!!

Ellie xx

Hi little, Ellie and Zafira :wavey: Thanks for popping in. Well done on your losses so far :)

Ooft Ellie your poor mum. I seriously thought it was going to be at least 1.5 stone on especially as i feel so kak at the minute. Must just be bloat from eating rubbish.

I know i need to be more strict with my milk allowance but as i'm usually so good on syns i feel like i can take it, if you know what i mean. It would be worth doing it just so i have general idea of how much i do use. I only drink hot drinks at work so i might nip into the pound shop and look for one of those containers with a lid and measure out my allowance for the day just to see x

Massive well done on the maintain Lisa :D

That sounds like a good idea on measuring out your milk to take to work each day, you could always syn extra milk if necessary :)

Massive well done on the maintain Lisa :D

That sounds like a good idea on measuring out your milk to take to work each day, you could always syn extra milk if necessary :)

That what I do - if i want a cuppa, I have one! but to keep on top of exactly how much milk I'm using as a Healthy Extra I just measure it out xx

Happy Friday!!!!!! :)

Last night i decided to not have tea with Michael and his family and to just meet them afterwards. For speed, i ended up having a Pasta and Sauce with fruit and yogurt for after to get my superfree in. I added some chopped up bacon for my extra HE as it ended up being a green day and figured i would leave my other HEa because i most definitely had over my milk allowance yesterday. Just realised that that means that i did't have any syns yesterday :(...... o well i'm sure i'll make up for it at some point this week.

I then went to the pub and watched everyone drink while i was a good girl and stuck to diet coke. They all have today off work whereas i had to be in at 7.30 and didn't really fancy drinking so thought it would be pointless to waste the syns on that.

Friday food

B
- Fruit and yogurt 1 x alpen light (HEb)
Snack - Apple, mugshot & 1 x alpen light (HEb)
L - Jacket Potato with Beans & Apple
D - Again i haven't planned in my dinner yet i'll just decide when i get home. The boys have a halloween party tonight that will have party food laid on but i will resist..... I have some chicken to use so might just have a standard chicken, veg and SW chips tea.

I bought a food processor yesterday so i am also going to make some soup tonight. I'm thinking carrot and coriander because that is my favourite but i also have some butternut squash to use xx

I love home made soup, I made a sweet potato and butternut squash soup yesterday. Today I was shopping in Aldi - I've only just discovered it and it's my new favourite supermarket :D and they have bags of ready prepared soup vegetables, carrot, onion, leek and potato for 89p! a great bargain and saves loads of time!

x

Back