Lisa's weight loss diary

mrs big b

Gold Member
started slimming world on 19th July .
Enough is enough im fed up of being big . all my family are slim my husband and 5 boys and im fed up of feeling im embarrasing them and being the odd one out .
Ive never been skinny but was a slim child and young adult until I had my 1st son (now 16) where my weight ballooned with him i had pre eclamsia and gained 5 stone in his pregnancy . After I was very low about the way I looked and didnt really do anything about it .
I had hormone problems and tried for my second son for 4 years having to have fertility treatment . whilst pregnant with him I started to suffer with pains in my stomach and this went on for 2 years . turned out I had gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed any way did me a big favour I lost 5 stone and was back to a resonable size and a lot happier . I had another 2 children now aged 8 and 6 and gained a bit of weight but not loads like I did with my first . Then I became pregnant with my special little boy whos now in heaven . He was born at 20wks into the pregnancy he had died inside me :cry: it was the worst time in my life . I sank into depression and its been like that for almost the last 4 years . I did go on to have another little boy now aged 3 and he has helped alot . My weigh has been yoyo ing . but im now 5 stone heavier than after having my gallbladder removed and ive had enough
Well 1st weigh in was Tuesday 8lb lost and i was over the moon . my consultant was so pleased for my and I got my 1st half stone award .
Anyway im sticking to it . Im enjoying eating healthier not missing the rubbish I was eating
cant wait to notice the difference although im sure already I have a lot more energy :)

Hi Mrs Big B, Welcome to the forum.

Soo sorry to read about your mishap with your little son but am glad you are being able to move on now. I know that you never forget anything like that so I do hope my words don't sound as if I am trivialising it.

Looks like you have a lovely little family now, mine are all grown (55, 56 and 58) and I still worry about them, isn't that what we mums do?

Had the yoyo bit myself as do lots of the minimins you'll find, so you are in good company! .... :D

Well done on your first weigh in AND for getting your diary up and running .. we know where you are now, so watch out...:wavey:

Take care and all the very best to you....:)

Thanks Hun and yes I've moved on a bit never forget him special dates are very hard still but I've got to get healthy and think of my other children :)

Well day 10 and things going really well still. I'm proud to say I've stuck to plan everyday . My husband and eldest son had Chinese last night I cooked a healthy meal for myself and the other boys and it really didnt bother me.
Been feeling a bit daunted got such a long way to go and I really hope I can keep it up . I've got to I'm so fed up of hating myself . Maybe if I look better then I will learn to like myself again

Thanks Hun xx

Day 14 and 2nd weigh in amazed that I've lost another 7.5lb :) Totaling 15.5 in 2 weeks . So I picked up my stone award and also slimmer of the week . Happy is an understatement . Still got a long way to go but what a fantastic start :D
I expect thing will slow down now a bit but I'll get there I'm so determined . For once in my life I've found something I can do and be good at other than a mother & wife

feeling a bit fed up today :( sticking to plan 100% though im so determined) . Just the light at the end of the tunnel seems miles away at the moment . I expect everyone gets days like these though . Am really not expecting much at weigh in this week after 2 brilliant weeks its got to slow down at some point . Think id be happy with a 2lb loss :wave_cry:

Day 28 and a 3.5lb loss I'm over the moon got my stone & half award and now lost 23.5 lb . So hoping to get my club 10 next week 2 stone award would be amazing too but aiming for 2 weeks for that :)

Really got to gain more self control & stop this constant weighing it's driving me nuts . I got to relax I'm eating well & sticking to plan keeping active so can do anymore . So why do I weigh myself and get frustrated when I see a loss of a lb on my home scales when I'm hoping for a little more . Got to tell myself any loss is good it's in the right direction and the sw scales are never the same . Might suprise myself . I suppose I'm just thinking it's all too good to be true it will end one day and I suppose it's hard to believe I'll ever be happy with myself . The 23.5 lb ive lost has already made such a difference just wish I could relax more & accept what will be will be

Back