Literally did not stop eating!

I couldnt stop eating yesterday either, working it out I only had about 20 syns but that was all from snack a jacks (1 bag of small ones) and the rest giant ones, but just didnt stop yesterday! Today is a new day, you need your syns, even if you only have 5 a day for the next few days, they are there to help with little binges like these :) Xxxx
Yeah I stuck to 5yns and I've lost a 1lb today at weigh in, after the damage I could have done, 1lbs fine!!

I'd agree that you REALLY shouldn't think that you have to punish yourself til Saturday. That is the kind of mindset that for many people would just lead to more binges in a binge-punishment cycle. Maybe you will see a smaller loss this week but that is how we learn and change habits. If you are the sort of person who really likes to have a bit of a sugar-spree once a week instead of a little bit of chocolate every day, save up your syns and plan for it, or even do a flexisyn when you accept you will go over your syns for the day. But make that a plan for the future, not something for now. A lot of people talk about having lots of chocolate and treats in the house 'for the kids'. I really don't see why this is necessary and I think it's worth questioning. When I was growing up we very rarely had chocolate, crisps etc around - we used to go to the shops on Friday night for a 30p treat after school and that was it, aside from the odd pudding. It's not my business how you decide to manage treats and your kids, but if it makes you struggle too maybe you could think of a different way?
I believe that in moderation treats biscuits cakes whatever are fine for children to have and if they don't learn to moderate treats they might to, like my mum, like me, end up overweight and with a binge habit.

When I was little and my parents started dieting, they suddenly took away all the chocolates and sweets from the house. I then went nuts and was secretly buying loads whenever I could. Their plan totally backfired on me - be careful!
Thanks you! That's what happened too....look where I'm at. My kids need to learn to moderate their treats and there not overweight

Don't keep beating yourself up about it, we are all human and have days like that! Just start fresh from now
1lb off, u just forgot about it and started again the next day, something I wouldn't have usually done, I would have kept going thinking I've ruined it anyway. X

We're all human and slip ups happen, don't punish yourself though just get straight back on track and move on, don't dwell on it x

I believe that in moderation treats biscuits cakes whatever are fine for children to have and if they don't learn to moderate treats they might to, like my mum, like me, end up overweight and with a binge habit.

Of course, that's true. I guess it's an interesting debate how far having them in the house helps them moderate. I suppose in some ways it will help them get used to having treats around but NOT feeling they have to eat them. It's just that there are other ways to allow kids some treats without having them in the house. Obviously depends how it works for your family but it sounded like you had a struggle the other day having them around you! Glad you managed a lb anyway, well done :)

Back