Little pickers.. wear big knickers.

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
*sigh* I have a confession..

It isnt one bad incident.. I have made a discovery!

I am a picker, and if i am not careful.. i will go back to wearing big knickers!

I did not realise that i did this. Often i have heard my consultant talking about people who 'forget' they ate somthing, or who graze without realising. Despite writing a food diary, every single day.. i have discovered i am one of these people.. and as i genuinly didnt realise i did this.. i don't know when i must have started, and thus when it really began to affect my weight losses.

yesterday for example.. (from what i can recall..)

i had two alpens and a fruit salad for breaky.. however i also forgot about the corner of white toast and butter i bit off before handing to OH..

i also forgot about the tiny peice of kfc popcorn chicken i popped in my mouth before i got back to the table in the mall with my diet coke and home made fruit salad.

.. and then, whilst waiting for my homemade syn free cod and chips with mushy peas to be ready.. i ate 4 slices of pepporoni and then some crust off the dominoes pizza that my family were celebrating my mums 50th with.

I guess because i plan every single breaky, lunch and dinner of my week, i eat whats on there and think nothing else of it, unless i specifically eat somthing else.. .. its the little things i pop in my mout without thought.. i mentally note them at the time as being off plan, but do not write them down. Although a bit here and a bit there, on a rare occasion will do no harm .. but without measuring quanities or thinking more thoroughly about it, i have no idea how many syns extra i am having, uncounted per day.

so, if its just me.. then heres my confession! - and if there anyone else who would like to join me in this confession..

or maybe your genuinly oblivious like i was.

so. Here we go. Im mid-week (weigh in on wed) but none the less, from now on.. im going to pay alot more attention to what my pesky hands are reaching for!

I do this too, espec with my kids food!!! My advice is, every time you do it, its vital you allocate the nibble a synage value - just guess. You will soon start to realise what a waste of syns it is, and hopefully will help you to think before you do it. It is possible to stop this, and actually recognising you are doing it is a great start!!!!

I am the same!!

The whole time I was losing weight, I was really good, and wouldn't let something pass my lips without synning it, so didn't pick as it wasn't worthe the syns.

Since getting to target, I've been AWFUL at picking. I'm slowly slipping into my old, bad habits, cos I keep telling myself I can afford to now... WRONG!!

Perhaps we should start a Pickers Diary to make a note of those naughty little syns we're not accounting for?:eek:

allie1940 - shockingly enough my C read us that exact story just before christmas.. and do you know what.. i actually laughed out loud, and genuinly thought 'how do you 'forget' that!'

Well, now i am ivy! - i honestly dont remember when it started either. Blissfully unaware or selective memory perhaps?

harrysmom.. that is a very good idea. I shall dig out an old notepad now, and keep it next to the fridge. lol

I dont usualy forget food but i do pick and cant leave something if its there, like tonight....i ate the other half of a pack of eatsmart sausages, after i had the first half with my dinner....not so smart ey?
:(

Ha Ha that is so me!!

I always pick at bad food and never syn it because it's such a small amount or completely forget I have even eaten it in the first place! I really should try and be more aware of what i'm doing, becsause it really is these little things that affect the weight loss!

I weigh in tomorrow too and am over syns a little bit! WHY DO I DO IT?? lol

i am the same.. for example the packet of ham i have just opened. It hasnt even crossed my mind all week that i actually bought some, now its open its all i can think about! despite being free i feel like i have to battle the urge, because im really not hungry!

note to self: never buy batchelors wholemeal mediteranian veg and tomatoe pasta and sauce. . it sucks ass majorly

i just cant beleive i didnt realise i was one of these people. . i feel like kicking myself. I cant believe i turned into one of those people who was saying ' but iv tryed so hard, and i was 100% ALL week' obviously flippin' not!

Well its only my first week and i can say ive not done it 100%, but im letting myself off a little seeing as i was just getting used to it from ww. As long as i only see a little gain tomorrow i will be ok, and next week i will be 100% good as gold.

Back