Little Piggys Diary

carriebrad

hi everyone,

i was just thinking i should start keeping my own diary, documentng my ups and downs, and maybe it will help keep me focused....

so...i started Slimming World on 4th July 2011, weighing in at 18.1:eek::eek::eek::eek:

6 weeks on from that in mid august my GP prescribes my Xenical

week one on X = 1LB off...i was so disappointed with this, as i had been loosing 2lb / 4.5lbs before Xen....but i decided to stick with it...

so week 2 on Xen....= 5lbs loose...i was estatic...:D so pleased....

week 3 = 3lbs loss...

and thats where i am at now...

i weigh in every monday at class, and stay for the "talk"....at the moment...i need it...i cant just run in and get weighed and home again....i need the support, tips and advice from group.

week 1 & 2 on Xen, i was only taking one per day, my GP says i only needed one with my main meal, but after reading lots of advice on here, i decided to try 3 per day

i figure the losses my slow down pretty soon, though i would really like to think with me being so strict with the Slimming World food, and doing 10 walks a week, i would love to loose 1 / 3 lbs a week,

i have 14 weigh ins til Christmas, and i would love to have another 1.5 off in that time

i am just 1lb off my 2 stone award and i would love to get that on Monday night

i got my club 10 award last monday, and my 1.5 stone award the monday before

at the mo, i am just taking it sticker, by sticker,

at 16.2 with a target of 12.12, i want to remain keen and focused.

i do think that maybe my target is set too high, and i might need to reset for 11.12 / 12.02, but with an initial weight of 18.1, i found setting an ideal target very scary indeed.

i really thought loosing in the region of 6 stone was beyond me....whereas now...its down to a more managable 3 stone 4lb

when i get a wee bit nearer, i will have a rethink.

i suppose, to be honest, i dont mind what weight i am, but i would like to be a size 14, and for it to fit comfy, go on holidays, have xmas etc...and for the 14 to still fit.

anyways...thats me...thanks for reading,

if anyone wants to offer advice / opinion on the target weight please do,

im a 37 YO female, always been overweight, and i dont think 10 stone is realistic.

my own GP has said 11.5 / 12 would be fine.

thanks x:)

so

welcome and looking forward to reading more from you, sounds like you are well on your weigh to a new you :) x

Hiya!! I think your right to set yourself a realistic goal.... Good luck on your journey. xxxx

thanks for that.

i will see how it all goes when i get anywhere near target

weigh in tonite, so fingers crossed...its week 3 on Xen!

week 3 on Xen, week 10 at slimming world, and i lost 2lbs, got my 2 stone award, and have lost a total of 2 stone 1lbs

really want to have the other 13lbs off for 3 stone for xmas, and its 13 weigh ins, :)

fingers crossed

thanks everyone for all the support x

i am...i really think that the Xen and SW are working well together...i cant really ask for more than 10lbs in 3 weeks.

i am being really good...i dont wanna suffer the wrath of Xen with too much fat...so i be careful

now i do have my chinese takeaway every sat nite....and i take a Xen with that...

i am not giving up the weekly "treat",....as SW is meant to be something you can do for the rest of your life i think.

I still have Chinese every now and again with no side effects as I've discovered that boiled rice with chicken and mushrooms in gravy is lovely. I avoid the gravy just in case as I don't know how it's been made.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I forgot to say, you'll probably also find that in a few weeks you won't actually enjoy your Chinese very much as you can taste the fat in it that you didn't notice before

I forgot to say, you'll probably also find that in a few weeks you won't actually enjoy your Chinese very much as you can taste the fat in it that you didn't notice before

i can see how that might happen....just getting used to to taste of less and less fat in your diet....i do have chicken curry, but i fish the chicken out of the curry sauce so i have very little of it, with boiled rice and a FEW chips :)

i do find you dont enjoy fatty foods as much, i am not saying i dont crave it but if i have chips say or a burger i really dont enjoy it as much as i thought i would, just need to stop craving it though. Which like i say is daft as i dont even enjoy it when i eat it :) yes i am a bit mad!!

i do find you dont enjoy fatty foods as much, i am not saying i dont crave it but if i have chips say or a burger i really dont enjoy it as much as i thought i would, just need to stop craving it though. Which like i say is daft as i dont even enjoy it when i eat it :) yes i am a bit mad!!

:D its crazy how the human body works too!

Hiya!

I've not commented before - so hello and welcome!!

I think a target weight is extremely personal to yourself!

I set mine bc for as far back as I can remember I've always dreamed of being 10st - when I set it it was kinda like haha - not a xhance!! Whereas now im where I am - smallest I've been since I was 16 - I can see me finally reaching it one day!

There's nothing wrong with aiming big - why settle!? You know what you are capable of - have faith in your ability - look at what you have achieved so far! - well done btw!

Xxx

We all have our target weights, and they are personal to us for a variety of reasons, maybe it's the weight we want to bed before having a child etc

You may find your target weight will change, maybe you'll get to a point and think hmmm maybe a little more off or maybe you'll be happier being a little heavier than what you thought.

A we age our bodies change so much that sometimes being a little heavier suits our frame more. I choose to be 10st, but I may find that nearing that amount I could find an extra few pounds would suit, to be honest, I'd rather be 9stone 11 or something, then I'm out of double figures lol! Also skin factors into it, our skin changes during weight loss and we have to take this into account. :)

:eek:its just so scary...aint it...:eek:

or is that just me...

i was 18.1 at the first weigh in...and to think.."right...i want to be 10 stone...was so scary"...

now i have 2.1 off...i think..."well maybe 12.12 is well within reach...3 stone 2lbs away...i can do that"

where as 10 stone...is :eek::eek::eek::eek:..6 stone away!!

i will have a rethink when i get nearer...and maybe find that i could make it to 9.12..it just scares the hell outta me at the mo! :eek:

best to look at it in smallert chunks,. aim for say 14 stone first then for 12, it doesnt seem so bad :)

thanks...thats just what i will do...i havent set a final target weight yet, at the mo i am taking it "sticker at a time", so my next is 6lbs away, for my 2.5 stones award, i can do that :D

Back