Little question...

Hoping2LoseBig!!

Silver Member
Hiya,

Im getting weighed in tomorrow morning at 11am but i am on night shift tonight, forgot my shakes so jus had a tesco sandwich (bad i no) newho im drinkin my water here but just wondering is this going to affect my WI because im drinking the water thru the night???

Thanks x

Hi there Hoping2LoseBig

Any answer I can offer will only be a guess, but when I did Lighterlife there used to be a theory about not drinking for a couple of hours before weigh-in; this was considered a sufficient enough time for bladder to empty and ensure that fluid intake does not impact on the scales.
However, my inclination is to tell you to look after yourself, doing nights isn't easy for our bodies - don't get dehydrated. It doesn't matter at all if you get a bit of a false reading on the scales this morning - the true loss will be clearly evident at the following week's weigh-in.
And above all else, don't worry. You are on nights and you had to eat to sustain yourself and stay well. Your well-being is what matters most.
All the best for weigh-in, take care x

And even if it does counts on the scale, it is something you need :) and it's not harmfull in anyway. Though i can understand you would want the best result of course :)

Maybe a little bit side tracked. But i still think that if you don't drink before you're weigh in, you're actually cheating on yourself. Cause the water is just something you're body needs and in the end, wouldn't you rather get to your goalweight included the water??

I'm at work too on nights. Normally find after just 2-3hrs sleep when i get up the scales are back down just as they would be after a normal nights sleep and don't rea any higher. I always get weighed at 9.30 and just never drink/eat before this so i know any variables are minimised every week. Good luck hun xx

Hi H2LB,

I once drank a lot of water on my way to a LL meeting, then showed a gain! I had fogotten that the water added weight. After the meeting (and a loo visit),I weighed before leaving and showed a loss. I shocked that the water added that much weight. So, empty your bladder and then weigh.

MM

Yep, by the time I've made the 30 min journey to my CDC I'm normally busting for the loo anyway so have to go :D

I actually showed a gain this week because of being, ahem, 'bunged up' :eek:

Back