Little*red's C25K Journey

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
Hey all,
Not sure if anyone remembers me, i joined mini's last year and managed to lose about 3st following low gi and weight watchers. I managed to get from 166lbs down to 119lbs but i've been maintaining around 125lbs for the last few months.
I used to do a lot of exercise when i was losing weight but i gave up when i fell out of the routine. I've just started at uni in september doing midwifery and i'm on my placements at the moment and starting to feel very unfit again so i've decided to take up running.

I'm doing the couch to 5k training program since i've never run for exercise before. Running on a treadmill at the moment.
I'm going to track my progress here and note any changes in weight/inch loss etc, which would be a bonus but at the moment just basically trying to keep myself fit.

I didn't weigh myself this morning as i batteries went in my scales but i'll do it tommorow and measure myself too.

Week one Day 1
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Woohoo day 1 done, feeling great. Plucking up the motivation to start is always my weak point. Next run will be Monday 7th.

Starting Stats

I weighed an measured first thing this morning so here are my starting stats:

Weight: 127lbs
Overbust: 36"
underbust: 30"
natural waist: 27.5"
over belly: 34.5"
Hips: 37.5"
upper thigh: 22"
lower thigh: 17"
knees: 14.5"
calves:14.5"
ankles: 9.5"
upper arms: 10"

I'm not to bothered about losing weight at the moment as i realised i might gain a little at first but i'm hoping to see a change in inch loss over the next 9 weeks :D.

Week one Day 2
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Today was really hard, although i felt fine after my run on saturday adn didnt feel sore on the sunday i surely felt it when running tonight! Find i kind of slumped in the middle of the run and then got a little more energy nearer the end.
I managed to run 2.6miles today with walk pace at 4mph and jog pace at 8.5mph. Feeling good about carrying it through to day 2 :D.

I just wanted to wish you luck. Running is something I always promise myself I will do and never get round to it. Maybe once I have lost some more lbs and feel comfortable running, I'll give it a go.

A friend of mine started running round her block every morning 5 years ago. Now she runs half marathons, takes part in tri-atholons and is a fitness instructor!

Back