Littlest Cupcake. Low GL living.

Also, when you finish a vlcd -does anyone else feel,like me, that you find you are constantly waiting for the moment that the weight goes back on, you know? My mind still isnt in a state of outright belief that I am 8 stone. But a friend reminded me today that i finished Cambridge in April, four months ago. I have now been maintaining for as long as I did Cambridge and my weight hasn't fluctuated by more than a few pounds. I need to bring the mind inside the body and remember I am doing ok, and have a healthier way of life now but can still enjoy treats without waking up 3 stone heavier the next day.

Thanks for pointing that out. I feel the same about waiting for the weight to go back on. I did 13 weeks on Lighterlfe and have just counted that this is my 13th week since I began maintaining. I'm a few pounds lighter than when I finished Lighterlife.

The hardest part I find is getting a balance between remaining mindful of your weight, food, exercise versus becoming obsessional about it. I'm probably closer to the obsessional end of the scale than is ideal, but I'm too scared to lighten up. I still feel I could regain the weight in a blink of an eye.

It's a price I'm willing to pay though for the benefits of being a healthy weight, eating well and improving my fitness.

hi there, my three staple recipe books for low gl eating are

Patrick holford - low gl diet bible (this guy is.amazing)

rick gallop - low gl diet for busy people (some good basics)

Rachel Anne Hill - high energy low gl (fable ideas for dinner parties and lovely pics in this book)

I also use Cambridge meals in minutes book - that has lots of low gi recipes.

However I also make loads up these days! been doing clean eating for six months now so have got a fair idea what works for me ;)

i promise one day I will put up all my recipes! just need to find time.

xxxx

Fab diary LC, really inspiring and honest =)

Have really enjoyed reading through all your posts, can relate ALOT with the bingeing aspect as its something i am currently batteling with. Hoping low GI wil help with this, congrats on your progress so far!!! looking forward to learning more =)

xx

Great diary, im currently on the new you plan in ireland. im also 5ft and currently weigh 9.9. i will do unislim once i come off the shakes. unislim is an irish diet but is based on the gi plan. i will give myself a few weeks to adjust to eating again but then try to maintain with the low gi plan. my aim is to get to about 8.5. im bridesmaid for my bestfriend on 30/11 and hope to be down to 9.2 by then. my own wedding is 24/05/13 and would love to be 8.5 by then. i just hope i can maintain once i reach there. my dress is ordered in a size 12.

Hello all! Happy new year! Hope you have all had a wondrous Christmas! I Know I for one had a great one, but with my birthday in October, boyfriends birthday in November and then Christmas it has been a three month gluttony fest!! Over Christmas i have been feeling really sluggish and so it is back to low gl and healthy food as of today! Today is also a year since I started the Cambridge diet, and turned my life and eating habits around. Can't believe it has been a year! Anyway it is time to get that willpower back and get on the health bandwagon

My food today:

B: vanilla slim and save shake
L: black bean soup (made it too spicy boohoo) and an apple

ForumRunner_20130101_124655.png

D: seared oriental chicken and pakchoi

ForumRunner_20130101_124722.png

Snacks: mini babybel, banana, orange.

Relatively good day today. Working shifts makes eating so hard!

B: latte slim and save shake
L: bran flakes and milk
D: oriental chicken and pak choi with a slice of wholemeal bread
S: mini babybel, punnett of blackberries and a banana.

Wierdly two days in and i already feel less bloated. Think its because i have upped my water rate! Nothing like weeing loads to make you feel detoxicated! Lol.

Again a decent day today

B: vanilla caramel slim and save shake
L: bran flakes and skimmed milk
D: spicy prawn creole with brown basmati rice

ForumRunner_20130103_223824.png

S: banana, orange, punnet of blueberries, wafer thin chicken strips.

Lots of water too. Unfortunately i am also working All weekend so will have to cook loads tomorrow night in preparation! Xx

Friday! Except I am working Saturday Sunday and Monday, so more like Tuesday for me!

B; chocolate slim and save shake
L; prawns creole and brown basmati rice
D: tagliatelle with asparagus, mushrooms, chicken and artichoke in homemade pesto

ForumRunner_20130104_202805.png

S: banana, apple, and one -yes one - lindor truffle! Because i have had a pretty good week, and if you are working a weekend - you have to have a treat!

A bit of a treat day today really. Not too bad but just had a couple of little treats!

B: vanilla slim and save shake
L: low gl chicken satay wrap
D: low fat Thai prawn curry
S: cheese on wholemeal toast and a packet of rowntrees randoms.

Deeeeeelightful! ;) xx

Hello all.

Lonnnnng day in work today. Just one day to go till i have a day off. Got lots of pampery things planned...plus the gym...and a hugeeee food shop. I had an extra meal today. I am trying to make sure over a week i average at least 1200 cals and this week truth very told the cals have been a bit low. So i made up for it with nutritious goodness today.

Breakfast: cheerios, skimmed milk and banana
Lunch: chicken satay wrap
Mid afternoon snack: half jacket potato and small portion of beans.
Dinner: chicken breast with sweet potato, courgette and homemade feta and pepper pesto
Snack: one lindor truffle.

Hi

Love reading your post - you also have a blog? Where can we find this? I'm curious as to your breakfast - slim and save? What is this? Also, would you be able to share your creole recipe? It sounds fab....

Well done on your journey!

Thanks for your message.

I don't update my blog at the moment as I have a job which takes up so much time :( but i put all my meals on instagram: missmimiko is my username.

As for Slim and Save, its a vlcd, i did it last year, and i just have a few packs left so using them up! Similar to Cambridge diet.

Prawn creole recipe:

(serves 2)

300g shelled tiger prawns (fresh or frozen defrosted)
Juice of a lime
2x garlic cloves crushed
4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
100g brown basmati rice
1 lime wedges to serve

Spicy creole sauce:
1 x onion chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
150ml veg stock
300g tomatoes chopped
1 fresh red chilli - deseeded and chopped
1tbsp fresh coriander
( dash of Indian pepper sauce if you like it SUPER spicy)

Method:
Marinate prawns in lime, garlic, half the coriander and season with black pepper. Refridgerate for at least 30 mins
Make the sauce, cook onion and garlic in stock on low heat, about ten mins, till soft and golden.
Add tomatoes,chilli, season with pepper. Simmer for 15 mins to reduce and thicken. Add pepper sauce if wanted
Cook rice as packet instructs
Take prawns from marinade, cook under foil lined grill until hot/pink
Serve with lime and coriander!

Easy!

Yesterday:
B: branflakes and skimmed milk & piece of soy toast
L: 2 eggs boiled on soy toast x2
D: homemade tomato soup
S: tangerine, grapes, apple.

Wednesday food:
B: banana Cambridge shake
L: half an Italian chicken wholemeal baguette (treat!)
D: sesame chicken steam fry with soba noodles.
S: honey and walnut loaf slice.

Thursday food:
B: bran flakes and banana with skimmed milk
L: chicken salad wrap on seeded wrap with low fat chilli hummous
D: sesame chicken steam fry with soba noodles
S: banana, blackberries

Friday food:
B: bran flakes and skimmed milk and banana
L: didn't really have lunch today very naughty but have had a hectic couple days!
D: delicious dinner, tray baked lemon chicken with smashed rooster potatoes and creamed spinach and raspberry roulade for desert. And a couple of glasses of wine. - really lovely end of week treat meal.

Saturday:
B: cheerios and milk
L: seeded pitta pizza

ForumRunner_20130112_232222.png

D: lemon chicken en papillote with red pepper rice. (chicken baked in baking paper - so flavourful and lovely)

Sunday:
B: Muffin with turkey bacon and cherry tomatoes w/ cheddar
L: duck and plum sauce pasta (at bella Italia)
D: wholemeal toast with a slice of cheese.
Snacks: one scoop vermonster ice cream at cinema and some bread at bella Italia.

Pretty naughty day by all accounts but hey ho, we all need a treat day now and again.

Monday:
B: Weetabix and semi skimmed milk
L: Thai chicken wrap with onion hummous and salad.
D: pesto pasta with asparagus mushroom and artichoke
Snacks: nectarine, one lindor truffle.

Lets get back on the fit and healthy bus!

Back