Living as a slim person

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
It's weird, I've never been slim for so long! In fact, I've never been this slim. In fact, I've never been slim!! LOL! :p

Some things that have happened over the past few weeks are that I'm continually being told that I need to put on half a stone. By everyone. Even the people that did LL prior to me. Even a man in work who likes slim women hinted that I've lost too much weight. I just said "I love it" to which he responded "you do, don't you" - don't really know what to make of that one.

I went out last night and it was a revelation to me that I was one of the slimmest women in the room at a party and in the pub afterwards. That was properly weird!!! I also chose not to drink alcohol, but enjoyed the night and drove home, and actually didn't feel out of place or awkward once, which I usually do when I go out.

We've had to order uniforms in work, which prior to LL would have caused me so much stress and embarrassment - I actually loved writing size 10 on the order form though! I also realised that the girls in work that I always thought were so lovely and slim (and that I could never be like them), I'm now slimmer than a lot of them.

I caught myself last night looking at people and judging their size, which I have to stop doing! I think it must be like a reformed smoker though and I hope that I get used to this, as I really hope my thoughts don't show on my face! That would be awful!

I'm such a different person in many ways, and this will take a lot of getting used to, but it's so worth it!

wow, you must be so happy I remember deeling like that!!! It was great, Just don't listen to others and dont EVER take you eye off the ball again with food!!!
You look great... well done!!!

hi there
i can't wait to get to that stage!
are you finding eating ok? do you get hungry?
daisy x

Hi Daisy!

I've just read your thread, not managed to respond to any yet, but will later when I get back.

Can't talk about the 'F' word here, but will post in RTM later - have a look - there are issues definitely! ;-)

You are doing fab by the way!!!!!

Nik xx

Great post Poppy. Got me thinking about all my colleagues who I want to be a similar size to, and about how they might react when I get there. Must have been a lovely feeling realising you were the slimmest one at the party! Rather than being the large one sitting inthe corner near the food table!
Looking fab xx

It's such a strange time upstairs isn't it - like living in a topsy turvy land.

I've been having the comments about having gone too far..but it is SO good to say, well actually I DON'T want to lose anymore weight!

Plus - as a "slim" person I finally went and got my tattoo done that I had been wanting for two years, but would never have gone to get incase they laughed but now you don't have extra rolls its like HELLO expose the skin! :D

As someone who is just about to start her LL journey it is fabulous to read posts about what life is like as a slim person - cant wait to get there. I shall eagerly wait until someone tells me I've lost to much weight.
Well done

Back